Treasure at Tampines

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Actually I intended to draw comparison with Treasure at Tampines. Why people so concerned about jam roads in Tampines, whereas those amber buyers ‘bo chap’ even bought up almost 20% of Amber Park. Should amber buyers not be more concerned since they are supposedly richer (units priced higher) and are driving?

1) Because this one is 592 units nia compared to 2203 units. They probably bo chup nearby old amber condos plus new ones coming up like coastline, Nyon and opus.
2) this one near mrt, Katong area, more atas. Treasure not near mrt. Traffic jam also never mind, all BMW, marserati, merz, audi all jam together jin satki.
3) this one got one bedder, quantum Low Low, slightly above 1mil nia compared to amber 45 from 2 bedder onwards. maintenance fee also lowest compared to amber45, Nyon and coastline.
4) most importantly, its freehold, by CDL, thus, every other flaws also can close one eye. What is treasure compared to amber? One is S league (Sim Lian) the other one is English premier league. (CDL)

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) Because this one is 592 units nia compared to 2203 units. They probably bo chup nearby old amber condos plus new ones coming up like coastline, Nyon and opus.
2) this one near mrt, Katong area, more atas. Treasure not near mrt. Traffic jam also never mind, all BMW, marserati, merz, audi all jam together jin satki.
3) this one got one bedder, quantum Low Low, slightly above 1mil nia compared to amber 45 from 2 bedder onwards. maintenance fee also lowest compared to amber45, Nyon and coastline.
4) most importantly, its freehold, by CDL, thus, every other flaws also can close one eye. What is treasure compared to amber? One is S league (Sim Lian) the other one is English premier league. (CDL)

����Good analysis.

Let’s see how it turns out. According to some gurus,

Current D15 Freehold and 999LH average $psf = $1566
Current D15 Freehold and 999LH average $psf for launched condos expected to TOP in 2020 and 2021 = $1965

Amber ($2425psf) is more than 20% above comprehensible norm. Have we witnessed some strange behaviour from buyers?
I tend to believe this is an exception from what we see like sales over launch weekend of treasure.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
************************************Good analysis.

Let’s see how it turns out. According to some gurus,

Current D15 Freehold and 999LH average $psf = $1566
Current D15 Freehold and 999LH average $psf for launched condos expected to TOP in 2020 and 2021 = $1965

Amber ($2425psf) is more than 20% above comprehensible norm. Have we witnessed some strange behaviour from buyers?
I tend to believe this is an exception from what we see like sales over launch weekend of treasure.

Strange indeed but that’s the market now, benchmarking against ridiculous benchmarks.

Park botania/ Treasure $1,300psf, Affinity garden $1,500psf, Jadescape $1,600psf, park colonial $1,750psf, woodleigh residence $2,000psf, Gazania $2,100psf. How to launch amber below all these?

For amber to lower its pricing, it has be from bottom up, starting from treasure. So is Treasure overpriced? Hmmmm

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Strange indeed but that’s the market now, benchmarking against ridiculous benchmarks.

Park botania/ Treasure $1,300psf, Affinity garden $1,500psf, Jadescape $1,600psf, park colonial $1,750psf, woodleigh residence $2,000psf, Gazania $2,100psf. How to launch amber below all these?

For amber to lower its pricing, it has be from bottom up, starting from treasure. So is Treasure overpriced? Hmmmm

Whether buyers bite is an indication of ‘perceived overprice’
Launch weekend recalled sales result:
Treasure: about 12%
Affinity and Garden, single digit like 5 or 7%
Jadescape about 22%
Park (excluded because launch the night before absd kicked in)
Woodleigh, 4%, closed sf
G&L, 7%
Amber, 17%

Looks like jadedscape and Amber more popular. Even then, is 20% popular?
When gem residence was launched it was about 50% sold, twin view was also very popular 85% sold at launch weekend. However, now people think those TV buyers are boxed heads.
The TV example was widely quoted even in property seminars.

So what is overpriced?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Whether buyers bite is an indication of ‘perceived overprice’
Launch weekend recalled sales result:
Treasure: about 12%
Affinity and Garden, single digit like 5 or 7%
Jadescape about 22%
Park (excluded because launch the night before absd kicked in)
Woodleigh, 4%, closed sf
G&L, 7%
Amber, 17%

Looks like jadedscape and Amber more popular. Even then, is 20% popular?
When gem residence was launched it was about 50% sold, twin view was also very popular 85% sold at launch weekend. However, now people think those TV buyers are boxed heads.
The TV example was widely quoted even in property seminars.

So what is overpriced?

To be honest, these lands are bid by developer at high high price during 2017.
For example, amber 45 land bid is 1056psf ppr whereas CDL bid amber park site at 15xxpsf ppr. There’s no turning back for CDL Liao as their project launch time all sway sway after the last CM. While some may think 23xx-24xx psd is expensive for a FH condo at amber park, to be fair, CDL is making a very thin profit margin actually.
That’s why it’s an amazing thing for CDL to price amber park psf close to amber 45, even though amber 45 land price is 500psf ppr cheaper than amber park site.
CDL quite sway actually, they also bid the whistler grand site much higher than twin vew site. Ironically twin vew sells better cos it’s launch before CM.
CDL only saving grace is their branding and they seems to able to work out a way to make their whistler grand pricing competitive against twin vew. But then still too late when CM implemented.
All in all, CDL has already done their best I would say. All I can say is they 生不逢时. (Wrong timing). The rest is up to how the buyers perceive the current pricing and decide to bite or not to bite.

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
There are some people who always like to put the blame on cooling measures. To me, the cooling measures were just wake-up calls by the government. Without the CM, prices are already considered way too steep.

Without cooling measures, will the sales at all new launches be 50%? Will Amber Park launch at $2,600psf and many still bite? Will treasure launch at $1,400psf and sold out? Will we see long queues for park colonial and riverfront?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
To some people, they are incapable of analyzing the whole situation (or on a case by case basis) and every time, they only know to come here and kpkb about the high price and shouting crash. As a discerning buyer, we have a choice to bite or not to bite and when is the best time to bite. Keep whining only makes one looks like a fool.

Prices are tag along with demand and supply. In 2017, property demand is hot and its natural for developer to ride on the “euphoric” demand and bid land at high price. Do any developers have a crystal ball to predict when is the next round of CM coming? True enough, CM did came unexpectedly and CM did impact the sales and that’s y all projects sales are affected by CM. Who says CM is not to be the cause of current low sales for all projects?

As buyers, we have a choice to buy or not to buy if we think the price is not right.
Kpkb only reflects one’s ignorance and stupidity.

I’m the avid supporter of CM introduced at appropriate juncture, else price will go out of hand and crashes may happen anytime.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Some like to act smart and accuse people again, now of kpkb :o. Claimed that everyone is entitled to their owns views but now contradicting himself again..:o Do I see anyone here "shouting for crash"? I don't expect much of most people in the forum so I am cool and can continue tolerating crap.

The reason developers bidded high was because they were running out of land not whatever "euphoric demand" as claimed by famous guru here. Euphoric demand only came after when buyers were scared of missing the boat and thus gave in to developers. Was the CM that "unexpected" considering the 20% rise in prices? Famous guru appears to understand the market very well but does not seem to be the case..:o

What does running out of land mean to u? Means business is good right?
If in 2017, the sales is no good, do u think developer will dare to bid more land at higher price? You mean u dunno the relationship of supply and demand? That’s where the enbloc frenzy came in.
Before CM, let’s talk about sales between 2016 and 2017, poiz residence was fully sold, park place phase 1 was fully sold, phase 2 almost near all sold, hundred palms were fully sold, grandeur park was 98% sold. In early 2018, even Twin vew first day more than 80% sold.
All these examples are before CMs. Not euphoric demand means what? Of cos developer see good sales and at the same time running out of land will be hungry for land at high price.

Is it very difficult for a self proclaimed guru like u not to know?
And please point out which part of my statement is not true?
If developer can predict when the next CM coming, then why park colonial, stirling and riverfront starts to get panic and bother to open their SF overnight on the July CM that night?

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Was the CM that "unexpected" considering the 20% rise in prices? Famous guru appears to understand the market very well but does not seem to be the case..:o

Even seasoned developer like CDL, CEL and many other developer didn’t see it coming. None of them are expecting the CM can come so soon and sudden. That’s y there’s a panic rush of opening the SF overnight on the night of July CM.
If can turn back time, u think developer will still acquire land at high high price if they see the July 2018 CM coming? After CM, sims drive and kampung java site bid price looks more humane. Who says CM don’t play a part?

U think u more seasoned than the developer or u have the crystal ball to predict which exact date CM is coming? Don’t sprout nonsense and make yourself sounds like u r damn smart.

As buyers, our job is very simple, if u can’t digest the price. Don’t buy. Just wait and see how the market goes. Pretty Sick of seeing someone always kpkb here.

Last edited:

iphone1s

Reaction score
Even seasoned developer like CDL, CEL and many other developer didn’t see it coming. None of them are expecting the CM can come so soon and sudden. That’s y there’s a panic rush of opening the SF overnight on the night of July CM. U think u more seasoned than the developer or u have the crystal ball to predict which exact date CM is coming? Don’t sprout nonsense and make yourself sounds like u r damn smart.

As buyers, our job is very simple, if u can’t digest the price. Don’t buy. Just wait and see how the market goes. Pretty Sick of seeing someone always kpkb here.

Bro, while i understand your frustrations at forum folks ranting about prices, give them the benefit of doubt for all reasons under the sun.

They may not have the opportunity to have your creativity and resourcefulness to obtain the insights and analysis that you have.

They may not have the privilege and opportunity to "downgrade" from a landed property to staying alone in a condo.

They may not have the privilege and opportunity to regret not buying certain properties such as Duo or the ones that you felt you have missed.

They may not have the privilege and opportunity to start off young like you.

Give people some leeway. If we are all as smart as you, you'd be staying in a HDB. :D

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, while i understand your frustrations at forum folks ranting about prices, give them the benefit of doubt for all reasons under the sun.

They may not have the opportunity to have your creativity and resourcefulness to obtain the insights and analysis that you have.

They may not have the privilege and opportunity to "downgrade" from a landed property to staying alone in a condo.

They may not have the privilege and opportunity to regret not buying certain properties such as Duo or the ones that you felt you have missed.

Give people some leeway. If we are all as smart as you, you'd be staying in a HDB. :D

actually i think this is not what nishizhu meant.

its not about who is more knowledgeable.

its about how RUDE annetyu is.

annetyu way of writing is very salty and toxic.
actually annetyu belongs to EDMW not here.

i suggest annetyu go there and engage the real warriors in EDMW.
over here, just keep it respectable and constructive.

Annetyu want to be salty, go to EDMW lor. u can go and quarrel with real keyboard warriors.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
actually i think this is not what nishizhu meant.

its not about who is more knowledgeable.

its about how RUDE annetyu is.

annetyu way of writing is very salty and toxic.
actually annetyu belongs to EDMW not here.

i suggest annetyu go there and engage the real warriors in EDMW.
over here, just keep it respectable and constructive.

Annetyu want to be salty, go to EDMW lor. u can go and quarrel with real keyboard warriors.

Bro appreciate your kind words.
U seldom see me get frustrated easily here and I’m usually cool with all the bros here.
I will go to the extra miles to explore and discuss with like minded bros and provide whatever info I know.

Do u often see me and bro “think carefully” or other bros engaging in any quarrels even at times, some of our views are different? This is what I mean by respect!
Have been a silent reader all the while but can’t stand how other bros here have been victimized by anneytu with her toxic remarks. Agree she is toxic and salty when she even drag other’s parents and siblings into the conversation when we merely just debating on pros and cons of staying landed.
This is definitely not cool and not the first time she pass toxic remarks to others.
There’s a baseline tolerance for everyone and I’m not letting it go until things here improved.
Else she will go on her cocky way and deprive others of listening to neutral/unbiased view.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Bro, Thanks for your advise and I will take note of that.
But guess everyone has a baseline when comes to tolerance.
Follow the thread and u will know what I mean.
Don’t mind if I correct u, nothing wrong staying in hdb, that’s where I was brought up from.

I’m even proposing someone to set up a poll (guess anneytu wants this poll to be set up badly too).
If I’m the one who deem as trouble maker, non constructive and toxic here, based on the poll results, I can leave this forum gracefully and reflect on my own attitude.
Guess this is the best way for the benefits of other bros here else there will be no end to it to carry on constructive property discussion here. Not fair to other bros too especially for those seeking genuine discussion.

Last edited:

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
Aiya this is the internet, people will disagree for the sake of it nia, if put you 2 side by side in RL, sure drink tea keep quiet one

But to set up poll is childish la lol, especially for 2 informative adults such as yourselves. Just look beyond the negativity or positivity and one should see that there are facts behind both of your posts. So as long as you 2 don't take things to heart, just flame and shoot abit here and there lor, sometimes when shooting you both post even more facts, which is good for amateur reader like me, and I do appreciate it leh lol

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Aiya this is the internet, people will disagree for the sake of it nia, if put you 2 side by side in RL, sure drink tea keep quiet one

But to set up poll is childish la lol, especially for 2 informative adults such as yourselves. Just look beyond the negativity or positivity and one should see that there are facts behind both of your posts. So as long as you 2 don't take things to heart, just flame and shoot abit here and there lor, sometimes when shooting you both post even more facts, which is good for amateur reader like me, and I do appreciate it leh lol

Haha bro, appreciate your sense of humor and magnanimous way of seeing things.
Unfortunately not all things work out the way as we hope it to be.
To me, one time may be just an incident, two time may be just another coincidence (benefit of doubts given). Anything more than that becomes a pattern. That’s why some people can be so cocky making toxic remarks against others all the while. Cos not everyone has the effort and energy to put a stop to such nonsense.
When such quarrels happens so regularly to the extent someone need to resort to mock/drag your family members into the debate, this is definitely not cool.

Oh btw, setting up a poll is what she has been suggesting all along. Got to respect her decision mah :D

Last edited:

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s why some people can be so cocky all the while. Cos not everyone has the effort and energy to put a stop to such nonsense.
When such quarrels happens so regularly to the extent someone need to resort to mock/drag your family members into the debate, this is definitely not cool.

Agree. Look at Mergui. I hardly see him/her commenting nowadays.

NTU has little respect for others, and has been labelled a cyberbully in my cyberworld... Who knows she might also be a bully in the real world.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
What does running out of land mean to u? Means business is good right?
If in 2017, the sales is no good, do u think developer will dare to bid more land at higher price? You mean u dunno the relationship of supply and demand? That’s where the enbloc frenzy came in.
Before CM, let’s talk about sales between 2016 and 2017, poiz residence was fully sold, park place phase 1 was fully sold, phase 2 almost near all sold, hundred palms were fully sold, grandeur park was 98% sold. In early 2018, even Twin vew first day more than 80% sold.
All these examples are before CMs. Not euphoric demand means what? Of cos developer see good sales and at the same time running out of land will be hungry for land at high price.

Developers were running out of land, so they had to compete with one another by bidding astronomical prices to secure land. No land, no business, no revenue, no profits. Agreed, that unsold units may have decreased but there is still the resale market? So the increase in prices were more of developer-side push than buy-side push. Property is not just supply-demand anyway.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.