Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried dbs iBanking funds transfer to citi maxi account?
i tried and the request was rejected.

are you transferring quite a large significant sum ? If so, check your own daily FAST transfer limits in your account.

or you can try to FAST $1 first to see if it works.

vddgnd

Reaction score
are you transferring quite a large significant sum ? If so, check your own daily FAST transfer limits in your account.

New BIC code since 15-Apr. U need to update the SWIFT of Citibank if you are using your preset SWIFT that was setup before the change. Changed to Citibank Singapore Limited. Not Citibank N.A.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New BIC code since 15-Apr. U need to update the SWIFT of Citibank if you are using your preset SWIFT that was setup before the change. Changed to Citibank Singapore Limited. Not Citibank N.A.

he said dbs. dbs sent email said no need to do anything for local transfers, they will change on their side. also seldom heard of local transfer need swift codes, usually is incoming/outgoing overseas then need, as local transfer u jst need to choose the bank and the rest they automatically set for u.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score

this is correct, have the same experience last week when transfer from hsbc

fitzz82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tried, but doesn't work.
tried both, cant work.
An inactive maxigain acct cannot accept incoming fast transfer.
inactive? its receiving monthly int
my automatic $1 transfer monthly set up few months ago still works without me changing anything for DBS
hmm...

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried, but doesn't work.

tried both, cant work.

hmm...

You can login to Citibank Online banking using desktop browser (Not Mobile App) to check if there is an inactive beside the account. If there is, you can activate it online.

Inactive account will still receive interest.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried, but doesn't work.

tried both, cant work.

hmm...

Inactive account can still received interest, bcos crediting of interest is initiated by the bank.

However, user initiated transactions for inactive account will fail eg fast in, withdrawal.

Pyroxene

Reaction score
I'm also thinking of opening a second, joint account to build up the counters.

1) What is the minimum amount to open a maxigain account?
2) I understand the fall-below threshold of $15k is a shared figure between all my citibank accounts. So, after opening the account with whatever the minimum amount is, I can just maintain a nominal sum (say $100) in my new joint account for the purpose of counter accumulation? My primary maxigain account alone has more than $15k within.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm also thinking of opening a second, joint account to build up the counters.

1) What is the minimum amount to open a maxigain account?
2) I understand the fall-below threshold of $15k is a shared figure between all my citibank accounts. So, after opening the account with whatever the minimum amount is, I can just maintain a nominal sum (say $100) in my new joint account for the purpose of counter accumulation? My primary maxigain account alone has more than $15k within.

1) no minimum.
2) need min 15k per relationship. The primary and joint are separate relationship so need $15k each.

little pupsky

Reaction score
According to their CSO, if the primary account name is the same as the first name (of the two names) of the joint account, then it’s considered one relationship.

1) no minimum.
2) need min 15k per relationship. The primary and joint are separate relationship so need $15k each.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
According to their CSO, if the primary account name is the same as the first name (of the two names) of the joint account, then it’s considered one relationship.

No, tell the cso to read the term and condition first

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So person A in your example is considered as having one relationship with Citi for the purpose of total relationship balance calculations? That is exactly what the CSO said too.

A - one relationship
B - one relationship
A+B - one relationship

Total 3 relationship

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have more than 70k and the banker from citibank arrange meeting for retirement plan and etc...

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So person A in your example is considered as having one relationship with Citi for the purpose of total relationship balance calculations? That is exactly what the CSO said too.

When you open a joint account, you must specify the principal account holder. The balance of the joint account is attributed to that person's TRB.

Account A (10k)
Account B (10k)
Account A+B, A is principle (5k)

In example AB, A's TRB is 15k, and B's TRB is 10k. B will be charged a fall below fee each month.

It is not possible to have a second A+B account with B as principal.

Account D (15k)
Account D+E, D is principle ($1)

In example DE, D's TRB is $15,001. E is not required to maintain any minimum sum.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.