Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does not meant that cancel Starhub TV can get starter kit? Even got it does not meant you can receive free to air channels for sure? It depends where you are located. Some location quite poor signal coverage. You can consider Singtel TV (standalone) if you are only using one TV box.

Actually u don't really need local TV content. It is nothing special. I use apple tv to stream toggle but seldom watch. Wasted they remove the android TV version

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check whether can support ur box. Works on my Sony TV and mibox S

Starhub Go Streaming box is supported as per the device compatibility list of TVB Anywhere+.

It actually runs Android TV OS like Mi Box S, but minus the Netflix certification.

Last edited:

Cyberboy128

Reaction score
Can someone advise if the following apps can run off Mi Box S:-
1) Toggle
2) Starhub GO
3) Netflix
4) HBO GO

Thanks in advance :)

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone advise if the following apps can run off Mi Box S:-
1) Toggle
2) Starhub GO
3) Netflix
4) HBO GO

Thanks in advance :)

No issues with Netflix. It is installed by default. Up to 4K.

HBO Go should be okay as well. Either you can install it on the box or you can cast from phone. (Mi Box S owners to confirm).

You will not be able to install either Toggle or Starhub Go on Mi Box S.

For Starhub Go, you can cast from phone using the built-in Chromecast function of Mi Box S.

For Toggle it is reported by some users to have no problem with Chromecast dongle but has problem with Mi Box Chromecast function.

In Summary only Toggle could be a problem.

Last edited:

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
Yah. I am ok with the payment as i am paying a lot more for the Chinese pack. I am only worried that it does not work even after paying. Hence, i am trying to test if this TV apk can work on Xiaomi Mibox S but i have been unsuccessful in pairing. Thus, had to ask you for your solution...
If the only way for the pairing to be successful is to become premium member, it will be an important information for those keen on TVB content...

Seriously I don't know but for $5.98 per month for premium content, I think reasonable. How much is Starhub charging? At least $8 for old plan

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah. I am ok with the payment as i am paying a lot more for the Chinese pack. I am only worried that it does not work even after paying. Hence, i am trying to test if this TV apk can work on Xiaomi Mibox S but i have been unsuccessful in pairing. Thus, had to ask you for your solution...
If the only way for the pairing to be successful is to become premium member, it will be an important information for those keen on TVB content...

The issue seems to be specific for the TV version. I will suggest you to check with TVB Singapore.

On the other hand the Android mobile phone version has no such issue, you can use the Android phone version and then screen mirroring to your TV (eg Samsung and LG Smart TV or TV boxes with Miracast support). Not so sure if the quality is okay or not compared to the TV version. You will have to keep the phone on though in this case.

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
To add on to the wealth of knowledge, there is no issue with iPads too. I am able to access TVB anywhere with decent quality. The only downside is the lack of English subtitles.
I hope the issue with TV box is really due to the need to subscribe to the Premium service.

The issue seems to be specific for the TV version. I will suggest you to check with TVB Singapore.

On the other hand the Android mobile phone version has no such issue, you can use the Android phone version and then screen mirroring to your TV (eg Samsung and LG Smart TV or TV boxes with Miracast support). Not so sure if the quality is okay or not compared to the TV version. You will have to keep the phone on though in this case.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To add on to the wealth of knowledge, there is no issue with iPads too. I am able to access TVB anywhere with decent quality. The only downside is the lack of English subtitles.
I hope the issue with TV box is really due to the need to subscribe to the Premium service.

I have doubts that the TV version is only for Premium subscription members. I think it is rather a bug of their website which is just up for a few days.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.