Half Clutch and Biting Point difference?

Reaction score
Started learning MTV recently and I wanna ask what yall when red light ah? For me is i depress brake then i cluctch release at the biting point area till i can feel the car shake abit but i my feet still depressing brake ah, then when ready to move on then i remove brake then car will run already. correct anot ah? any tips?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Learn from the instructor that you under... Simple for you rather than asking views here...

Sammiegirl00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Started learning MTV recently and I wanna ask what yall when red light ah? For me is i depress brake then i cluctch release at the biting point area till i can feel the car shake abit but i my feet still depressing brake ah, then when ready to move on then i remove brake then car will run already. correct anot ah? any tips?

You’re about right there. It’s neutral + brake for me. It’s all muscle memory, let me drive my manual later and I’ll edit this post accordingly.

Reaction score
I'm asking to confirm ah, because I heard if the car shakes too violently when car stationary will kenna demerit points during TP test. But my car sometimes shake during stationary but my instructor never say anything so I'm asking here to confirm.

Learn from the instructor that you under... Simple for you rather than asking views here...

Reaction score
I heard nowadays don't need neutral already leh. cos they say scared we no time change gear 1 and find biting point when junction light turns green.

You’re about right there. It’s neutral + brake for me. It’s all muscle memory, let me drive my manual later and I’ll edit this post accordingly.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm asking to confirm ah, because I heard if the car shakes too violently when car stationary will kenna demerit points during TP test. But my car sometimes shake during stationary but my instructor never say anything so I'm asking here to confirm.

Oic.... since your instructor don't say any, then should be ok mah... If bros here commented has gone thru it, then can confirm. Else, is individual standard cannot confirm got demerit or not. :s13::s13:

Unless car dies off then got demerit, this was the standard decade ago when i took my TP. Lolz!

sp0inK

Reaction score
Your car is on the verge of stalling already. Release your feet a couple more mm and your car is gonna stall. Not to mention you’re wearing out the clutch super fast. No idea why your instructor never scold you. Either neutral + brake/handbrake or clutch in 1st with brake/handbrake

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah never drive manual for the longest time already... but ts, u sure u didnt hear anything about putting the car in nuetral at the stop light?

may be u can try clutch in, rev to redline and clutch out when the light turns green. next start speed shift fast to hit 0-100 under 4 sec in your mustang gt.

and if u see tp, quickly apply heel toe method to show your fullest ability to control your gtr well - do a full 360 spin first and bring in to a complete stop right before the stop line and in lane.

:(

zzt231

Banned
Reaction score
My instructor f me for half clutch.
Say waste his clutch.

So neutral n wait .

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
When the car is stationary at red light, you're not supposed to hold the car at half clutch. You either standby the car in 1st gear, FULL CLUTCH or put it in neutral and release the clutch fully.

Half clutch is only for moving off when the light turns green. If you remain in half clutch for too long, the clutch will burn and sometimes you can smell it.

blackestvoid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends if red light at slope or not
pull handbrake when stop at red light
release handbrake when about to move off
tap the accelerator to avoid car vibrating

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember my time: put neutral n step brake at traffic light

Then gauge for the time when ur traffic light is going to turn green.

Then left leg clutch in, put first gear then wait for front car to move off.

When almost ur turn to move, half clutch then faster switch from brake to step accelerator. Hold clutch at same position(maybe 0.5 to 1 sec?) to let the car build some momentum before releasing clutch fully.

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

Last edited:
Reaction score
hahahaha i got hear before but i ask my friend that passed his tp 10 months go he say neutral not compulsory leh

wah never drive manual for the longest time already... but ts, u sure u didnt hear anything about putting the car in nuetral at the stop light?

may be u can try clutch in, rev to redline and clutch out when the light turns green. next start speed shift fast to hit 0-100 under 4 sec in your mustang gt.

and if u see tp, quickly apply heel toe method to show your fullest ability to control your gtr well - do a full 360 spin first and bring in to a complete stop right before the stop line and in lane.

:(

Reaction score
wah thanks alot bro appreciate it :s13:

I remember my time: put neutral n step brake at traffic light

Then gauge for the time when ur traffic light is going to turn green.

Then left leg clutch in, put first gear then wait for front car to move off.

When almost ur turn to move, half clutch then faster switch from brake to step accelerator. Hold clutch at same position(maybe 0.5 to 1 sec?) to let the car build some momentum before releasing clutch fully.

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

Reaction score
what about depressing clutch fully when red light and when agar agar going green light alr i then half clutch? can anot ah like that?

When the car is stationary at red light, you're not supposed to hold the car at half clutch. You either standby the car in 1st gear, FULL CLUTCH or put it in neutral and release the clutch fully.

Half clutch is only for moving off when the light turns green. If you remain in half clutch for too long, the clutch will burn and sometimes you can smell it.

Reaction score
i was also thinking about this leh, i asked my instructor if red light need handbrake he say don't need. scared kenna demerit points in tp test leh. anyone can confirm this?

depends if red light at slope or not
pull handbrake when stop at red light
release handbrake when about to move off
tap the accelerator to avoid car vibrating

giraffey

Reaction score
i was also thinking about this leh, i asked my instructor if red light need handbrake he say don't need. scared kenna demerit points in tp test leh. anyone can confirm this?

as long as your car doesnt roll back. the parking brake is taught by some to mimise risk of rolling back.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahahaha i got hear before but i ask my friend that passed his tp 10 months go he say neutral not compulsory leh

good for your friend. its not compulsory, but i think most here are "subtly" hinting to you how to take care of your gia bock la...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.