NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

icetea2

Reaction score
Just received my medical letter too.

Seeing this clause in the email still scares me a little tho LOL

“Please note that undergoing the medical examination does not in any way indicate that you have been selected for appointment. This notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract.”

Congratulations too. May I know u subject applied & timeline?

JSMHONG96

Reaction score
Congratulations too. May I know u subject applied & timeline?

Eng and SS (Pri)

My timeline so far
Application: 20th Feb 2019
Email for interview: 14th March 2019
Interview: 8th April 2019
Email checking availability for EPT: 15th April 2019
Shortlisted on careers@gov: 22nd April 2019
EPT: 29th April 2019
Medical letter: 6th May 2019

alykeniam

Reaction score
got an email for medical today too. curious if everyone who got the medical email your status is in progress or shortlisted? mine was changed from shortlisted back to in progress

jacktheline

Reaction score
got an email for medical today too. curious if everyone who got the medical email your status is in progress or shortlisted? mine was changed from shortlisted back to in progress
Me too. My status changed from shortlisted to in progress and I received the email to do the medical checkup yesterday.

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Hi, I hv just received SMS and medical email today (finally... ) . To be done by 16 May. Pri Eng Math BTW. Must we fast?

mrskhalis

Reaction score
Seems like those who got shortlisted are the pri sch ones...

I agree. Seems like those getting the medical for now are the 'EL + another subject' applicants.

I applied for PGDE art. 8 weeks since interview. no rejection, no emails, nothing. status is in process when i called MOE up. anyone else PGDE Art in same situation?:)

Congratulations to all who have gotten medical btw. Happy for you all. :)

matyoyo88

Reaction score
Hi, I hv just received SMS and medical email today (finally... ) . To be done by 16 May. Pri Eng Math BTW. Must we fast?

Congrats to all who has received the med email so far!

@ohgeesh I feel it is better to clear it fast in order to expedite the next application stage (just a hunch)

JeslinKEY

Reaction score
Hi all, applied for Eng + Sci (pri school level) and just got the medical exam email today.

Interview: 7 March
Shortlisted: 23 April
Medical Checkup: 7 May

I think they might be processing applications for Eng + Sci (pri school) now. From all the previous posts by others, I have seen that most of them who received the medical checkup email earlier on applied for Eng + Math (pri school).

I have a question though - does receiving the medical checkup email mean that if everything is fine in terms of my health condition, I will most likely be offered the contract teaching? In the email, they did state that the medical examination does not mean that I have been selected.

Good luck to all!

student1995

Reaction score
Got the Medical Email too! Applying for Pri Eng and Maths!

Hi everyone! I didn’t get any medical email, but received a call from HR asking for my employee contract from my previous jobs for salary computation. Also asked to attend another interview end June for my 2nd subject choice (music), hope this means my teaching contract is more or less confirmed? Also status is shortlisted. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Congrats to all who has received the med email so far!

@ohgeesh I feel it is better to clear it fast in order to expedite the next application stage (just a hunch)
Hi matyoyo88, thks! Sorry, what I meant was must i go on fasting the night before medical examination?

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Hi matyoyo88, thks! Sorry, what I meant was must i go on fasting the night before medical examination?

No need to fast at all. But do not sabotage yourself by gorging on food prior to it or by running around like a flustered chicken (could affect your BP.)

matyoyo88

Reaction score

Lol sorry! I misread :s13: I didn’t fast before taking the exam, but since they will be taking our blood sugar level/pressure, might be a good idea not consume too much prior to it.

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Hi all, applied for Eng + Sci (pri school level) and just got the medical exam email today.

Interview: 7 March
Shortlisted: 23 April
Medical Checkup: 7 May

I think they might be processing applications for Eng + Sci (pri school) now. From all the previous posts by others, I have seen that most of them who received the medical checkup email earlier on applied for Eng + Math (pri school).

I have a question though - does receiving the medical checkup email mean that if everything is fine in terms of my health condition, I will most likely be offered the contract teaching? In the email, they did state that the medical examination does not mean that I have been selected.

Good luck to all!

I suppose you could see it that way; that if you do clear medical, you pretty much got the job. But nothing is set in stone until you get the contract offer, and also considering nobody knows exactly how the ministry works. Lady luck has surely been on your side, for coming this far though. It will be worth it.

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I didn’t get any medical email, but received a call from HR asking for my employee contract from my previous jobs for salary computation. Also asked to attend another interview end June for my 2nd subject choice (music), hope this means my teaching contract is more or less confirmed? Also status is shortlisted. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Honestly speaking, the selection process is just as mysterious to you as it is to the rest of us. From what I can deduce, they are trying to fill spots for a demand/supply situation. However, it does not mean your contract is confirmed unless they stated so. Do not overthink the situation, just focus on your interview performance for now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.