Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

skinergy

Reaction score
have you tried the paperwhite? do you really like the voyage better because of the experience?

I like the look of the voyage/oasis but the incremental benefit doesn't seem to be worth the premium :/

I bought Voyage because of the page buttons which existed in my damn old Kindle keyboard then I saw Oasis, seems to have a better page turn and design....but not sure if its worth to upgrade since im already using my Voyage and happy with it.

hario12

Reaction score
I bought Voyage because of the page buttons which existed in my damn old Kindle keyboard then I saw Oasis, seems to have a better page turn and design....but not sure if its worth to upgrade since im already using my Voyage and happy with it.

If you prefer the size of Voyage, then Oasis might not be a good fit for you. The screen is bigger.

skinergy

Reaction score
For me size doesnt really matter cos my kindle keyboard was bigger than the Voyage. i am just trying to find reason to buy another Kindle! haha since i am not buying books anymore but the price of Oasis plus adding the leather cover, OMG, i can almost buy a Samsung Tablet

bill2012

Reaction score
Guys I search for corousel it seems only paperwhite is in singapore. What is the best way to get oasis model? Corrier comgateway? Haiz why Amazon don't ship kindle to Sg?? So weird..

lululili

Reaction score
Hi. I'm totally new to Kindle. I'm very tempted to purchase it for my kids. I would like to check if we buy from Amazon, 1) Do we need to purchase the Kindle Power Adapter which is in 1 of the options?
2)There is 1 which says International Version. What does that means?
3) What does the Kindle Unlimited means? Does it mean that I'm free to download as many books as I want and I get to keep the books at the end of the period?

ekin101

Reaction score
There is promotion for both kindle basic and kindle paperwhite now.

1) you can use any USB charger to charge the kindle.
2) Buy the one with Ads.. there is no difference in terms of experience and cheaper.
3) I never use kindle unlimited. I suppose u can read all kindle books with subscription.

boss994

Reaction score
I read free novels from online. Download txt version - send to kindle email, it'll deliver to my kindle in the correct format. Sometimes i purchase the occasional books from my favorite bestselling authors but not often. I use vpn to purchase them with my US address account. Dunno i can purchase without vpn now. :o

The kindle pw 2018 8gb with ads that i just ordered -> roughly $135 after usd to sgd conversion + $3.99 ezbuy air shipping charges = $139. :)

Can tell me where you get this deal?

thank you

lululili

Reaction score
There is promotion for both kindle basic and kindle paperwhite now.

1) you can use any USB charger to charge the kindle.
2) Buy the one with Ads.. there is no difference in terms of experience and cheaper.
3) I never use kindle unlimited. I suppose u can read all kindle books with subscription.

Thank you.

Sorry, more questions.

1) How do we register for the account to start using? I understand that if we buy locally, the account was pre-registered with US address.
2) Can't decide between 8gb or 32gb. Is 8 gb enough? It seems really small.
3) Other than the waterproofing, any other big differences between the latest model and the previous one? Saw a local promo on a 2016 Japan set with 32gb selling at $170+ with free pouch, screen protecterand ebooks.

tofubean

Reaction score
Thank you.

Sorry, more questions.

1) How do we register for the account to start using? I understand that if we buy locally, the account was pre-registered with US address.
Just register any Amazon account. You can set the address to US forwarding address or change to local address as and when you want it.
2) Can't decide between 8gb or 32gb. Is 8 gb enough? It seems really small.
Books do not take up a lot of space, I don't think i exceed 1GB even when i had 100s of books. Unless you are buying to use audiobooks, maybe you'll need the extra space.
3) Other than the waterproofing, any other big differences between the latest model and the previous one? Saw a local promo on a 2016 Japan set with 32gb selling at $170+ with free pouch, screen protecterand ebooks.
Not sure about difference between 2016 and 2018 model but if you buy the kindle yourself, do note that Amazon USA has very good service and warranty support. If your kindle is spoilt (touch wood), you can contact Amazon USA for help. A few years ago my kindle screen was spoilt and i contacted their CS. Sent back the old kindle and they sent me a new one (dunno refurbished or not... it looks new :s13:) and reimbursed me my shipping charges. I don't think you are able to do that if you buy from Amazon Japan unless you know the language?

mikeymesina

Reaction score
https://www.techradar.com/news/the-kindle-paperwhite-is-down-to-its-lowest-price-ever-at-amazon

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 10 using GAGT

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.