The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rolex price will come down. That's for sure.

The $6k someone pays for his Tudor today, may buy him a sports Rolex some time down the line. May be pre-owned with full set, but still a Rolex. Compared to a Tudor for the same money.

Yes, you are right. See Panerai. However there is a huge difference between Rolex and Panerai regarding brand value and management. BTW, you compare Panerai to Rolex is like comparing Kia to Toyota leh. Kia may be flying high now cos of hype and design, but that's all they have. Once they lose that, they will shut down. They do not have a strong heritage and fundamentally they are just a new car company with money and marketing. Toyota is like Rolex, huge, well managed, industry leader, strong heritage and corporate values.

end of conversation liao, you just shot yourself in the foot with this phrase.

either that or you are another one of those self delusional joker :s13:

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not everything is resale value, but do you want to come out of ownership of it looking like a fool? A fool and his money are soon parted, my friend.

lol then you really don't know GS.

not everything is resale value.

want resale value, put money in some investment portfolio or properties and wear a gshock. fat ah fat

ya man, why not just bu ya gshock or casio?
why spend thousands on a rolex when u can just spend $30 on a more accurate watch?

;)

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You wanna go horlan you can go yourself mah...why need to bring newbies with you? You like to sinkie pwn sinkie?

"It's a hobby, not investment! Just buy what you like la!"

"Don't sell, no lose!". <----- fugged up logic, but since it's from well-respected forummer, it must be right :o

ahyo, do your self reflection elsewhere :o s

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
end of conversation liao, you just shot yourself in the foot with this phrase.

either that or you are another one of those self delusional joker :s13:

Why leh? Ya it's like Kia what, they existed long ago but only got resurrected thru some silly hype of Sly Stallone and some vague legend of Italian military divers. Then Richemont went in, wham bam, made it huge and made a lot of money, then lost the plot. Now beginning to fall back into obscurity again.

You want to compare to the solid corporation that is Rolex?!

Last edited:

cet87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wgFt2OH.jpg

After reading wise man advice, I pray to gods for 5 days 5 night, go temple ask for prediction of resale value... Until I was told that the resale value won't lose too much money else I will be poor forever, then I buy this Orient..

Oddky enough, I bought so many watches over the years, lost some money earn some.. Don't feel poorer and never sit one corner and cry and ask people buy Rolex only.

Still say very experienced, last time Panerai how hot, who knows what Rolex will be tomorrow.

Nice orient. Is the kano out already?

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
just got a solid wood watch case from JW today. $89 bucks

looks solid. can store big watches like big pilot or panerai up to 47mm

hY0MXt2.jpg

Just by this watch case alone, can tell you like to lose money liao. :s13:

Those IWC... Wonder how much you paid for them? LOL..

Lucky got that AP ROC.

Wonder if you have another two or three cases of worthless watches?

Hey where are your big hitters?

So far I see only one AP ROC. That's not a baller watch, easily affordable. You talk so big, you must have more, right? Come show us leh.

Last edited:

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i must be a loser to get so many rubbish, with my money losing taobao watch box

6D8oLgg.jpg

Zijin_

Reaction score
so after reading for quite awhile the conclusion is no buy no loss? since no matter buy which one when economy go sour all the price will drop regardless of which brand right.. nothing is safe

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so after reading for quite awhile the conclusion is no buy no loss? since no matter buy which one when economy go sour all the price will drop regardless of which brand right.. nothing is safe

no sell no loss as well

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
Not everything is resale value, but do you want to come out of ownership of it looking like a fool? A fool and his money are soon parted, my friend.

Crux of the matter here
No matter how u justify your position, it comes back to this, u cannot stomach losing the significant amt of money over watches.
Some can spend the 6k buying a solid tudor, some rather spend on vacations, some go on fine dining and whiskey appreciation, and I can tell u if you enjoy all the them, u won’t come out looking like a fool.
You will look like a fool spending your whole life calculating whether the things u have done brings you monetary ROI.
And if u have been fiscally responsible to save up for it, what is the problem with splurging on the intangibles

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rainy Wednesday
s1Az3ukl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
$89 also want to hiam, lol.

People's money also want to comment, what car you drive? Where you stay? Where did you eat for the last week? Come let everyone here comment on your life choices too.

If one dares to GPGT, one must be prepared for comments.

Can't take the heat, then don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.