The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rUqtZKS.jpg

My last stock take.. So many unknown waste money brand.

Funny thing is, I sold off a few pieces recently, not Rolex hor.

Made profit on 1, didn't lose on the other 2. Must be sibeh lucky. Even if lose money so what? I song can already not like some people, sitting around moaning about past 10 years of bad choices.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When people lose their jobs, which one they sell first: watch, car, or house?
I would sell my precious rarely worn grand Seiko which i buy brand new from Ad at $8k. Hopefully can break even or profit and fingers crossed if pawnshop will accept it when in need of cash.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
The fact that I am still here and taking the heat from all of you, means I can tahan.

Today I am wearing this piece of crap, but at least I am not losing money over this, compared to those fugging IWC PAM and JLB.. oops JLC

IMG20190508113603.jpg

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
None, any normal person in private sector would have sufficient savings in preparation for such a day.

Are you civil servant? Lol.

Haven't you read the papers? Our 3 banks and MAS already admitted some time ago that the majority of Singaporeans are over leveraged. One month's salary away from bankruptcy.

You must be thinking Singapore is still in the 80s when everyone was prudent and shiat.

I can't wait for the carnage.

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
rUqtZKS.jpg

My last stock take.. So many unknown waste money brand.

Funny thing is, I sold off a few pieces recently, not Rolex hor.

Made profit on 1, didn't lose on the other 2. Must be sibeh lucky. Even if lose money so what? I song can already not like some people, sitting around moaning about past 10 years of bad choices.

Fug..you guys are unbelievable.

I haven't even gotten around to taking a "troops fall in" pic of my collection yet.

Goes to show the level of narcissism in here :o

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
I would sell my precious rarely worn grand Seiko which i buy brand new from Ad at $8k. Hopefully can break even or profit and fingers crossed if pawnshop will accept it when in need of cash.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

And the first one to go would be my Vacheron overseas chrono 2nd gen - a super nice looking watch but another cold door mofo in Singapore...sigh.. Will post a time-and-date correct wrist shot when I dig it up and wear it again. Sigh

Last edited:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fug..you guys are unbelievable.

I haven't even gotten around to taking a "troops fall in" pic of my collection yet.

Goes to show the level of narcissism in here :o

Why cannot?

I collect watches, so I should take photos of my face instead? Moronic.

Narcissism is sitting around proclaiming you know everything when your understanding of economics is at best mediocre.

Last edited:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haven't you read the papers? Our 3 banks and MAS already admitted some time ago that the majority of Singaporeans are over leveraged. One month's salary away from bankruptcy.

You must be thinking Singapore is still in the 80s when everyone was prudent and shiat.

I can't wait for the carnage.

So funny, assume everyone here like that. A lot of dai lo here one leh.

Most of the debt in that report was property related no?

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score

Most of the debt in that report was property related no?

It will be like dominos throughout every sector, the contagion. Don't tell me you never seen it before? If that's the case, you're too young and optimistic. or too rich to care :o

Last edited:

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
Why cannot?

I collect watches, so I should take photos of my face instead? Moronic.

Narcissism is sitting around proclaiming you know everything when your understanding of economics is at best mediocre.

When did I proclaim that I knew everything?

I had a point to make, and I made it. However flawed the point was, it's still allowed. There. It's still free speech within the out of bound markers in Singapore.

Last edited:

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score

Christ...how thick can you be.

I had already clarified my position, that my advice is not for the dai low like pwillie and gaoxing84 and you perhaps, who obviously have a lot of money to burn on worthless buys.

My advice is for those average man in the street watch noobs who come in here asking whether they should buy a $6k Tudor as it's quite substantial sum for them, you see. And the dai lows are giving them watch advice from a millionaire's point of view while these impressionable noobs are eagerly lapping it up. That is highly irresponsible of these dai lows.

These noobs who can't make up their minds over a $6k watch are the people who need to worry about the value of their watch purchases. They don't seem like the type who would be able to tank a job loss or job switch to Grab driving. Their $6k purchase could quickly become $2k or $1k when it's time to dump. Just like what pre-owned Tudor prices were the past decade until Rolex decided to pump new RRPs up a notch.

Oh, that is assuming the pre-owned dealers are willing to take in Tudor at that point in time.:o

Last edited:

learningdandy

Reaction score
When people lose their jobs, which one they sell first: watch, car, or house?

If i were you i will sell backside since you enjoy getting fked. Anyway hahah let's just move on from this troll. No one respond to him he can spam all he wants. Let all continue to be tudor noobs

Su6utOd.jpg

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
If i were you i will sell backside since you enjoy getting fked. Anyway hahah let's just move on from this troll. No one respond to him he can spam all he wants. Let all continue to be tudor noobs

Su6utOd.jpg

LMFAO

good try sis, but I am not the one wearing pink here... :o

BTW, your wrist is too small for that watch, sis. If you're a size queen, may I suggest sticking to the proper equipment instead.

Last edited:

learningdandy

Reaction score
Christ...how thick can you be.

I had already clarified my position, that my advice is not for the dai low like pwillie and gaoxing84 and you perhaps, who obviously have a lot of money to burn on worthless buys.

My advice is for those average man in the street watch noobs who come in here asking whether they should buy a $6k Tudor as it's quite substantial sum for them, you see. And the dai lows are giving them watch advice from a millionaire's point of view while these impressionable noobs are eagerly lapping it up. That is highly irresponsible of these dai lows.

These noobs who can't make up their minds over a $6k watch are the people who need to worry about the value of their watch purchases. They don't seem like the type who would be able to tank a job loss or job switch to Grab driving. Their $6k purchase could quickly become $2k or $1k when it's time to dump. Just like what pre-owned Tudor prices were the past decade until Rolex decided to pump new RRPs up a notch.

Oh, that is assuming the pre-owned dealers are willing to take in Tudor at that point in time.:o

Then maybe take it from me, an average man (some say boy) in the street, a student but with a secured job, somewhat financially responsible, wont die cock stand with a sudden recession.

But whether you buy 100 dollar daniel wellington or 100k PP, you shouldn't have to sell hand sell leg to keep yourself afloat. Other than that, just buy what you like. I spent 6k on my 5B first hand and i ***** love it. The longer i look at it, the more i feel like i in 冬季恋歌 and like the watch telling me "cum lurb me nong nong time"

It's definitely a substantial sum to me but i dont regret even if i make a loss. Because i dont bank on selling it to keep me alive and no one should. If you so huanlo about other ppl wasting their money, you would tell them if they are struggling so much with the decision then they prob shouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.