Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toggle and Starhub Go cannot be downloaded to Mibox. But i can Chromecast them.

Good to know that Toggle Chromecast works with Mi Box for you. There are users who reported having issues — could well be Toggle issues though.

Last edited:

averlanche

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend Homeplugs that you've been using with starhub fibre TV? Smooth and not laggy? Also considering ethernet over coaxial (EOC). Cable trunking's not option for me..

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have emailed Bill Chang and provided him with a link to this thread. Personally I have subscribed to Netflix, TVB and with some Chinese app, I am ready to leave Starhub with or without SingTel Cast.

I received a reply from Singtel. They shared they intend to make other packs available for non-Singtel customers to sign up progressively, subject to content rights.

Maybe they don't see the demand except for their sports channel. I believe the sports channel could be a test bed. If it works, potentially make allow non Singtel subscriber to sign up.

My bro sign up singtel cast for me. It is pretty good but to be honest, the content not really updated. Usually they show old movies. If you like movies, I guess youku, iqiyi etc works better

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I received a reply from Singtel. They shared they intend to make other packs available for non-Singtel customers to sign up progressively, subject to content rights.

Maybe they don't see the demand except for their sports channel. I believe the sports channel could be a test bed. If it works, potentially make allow non Singtel subscriber to sign up.

My bro sign up singtel cast for me. It is pretty good but to be honest, the content not really updated. Usually they show old movies. If you like movies, I guess youku, iqiyi etc works better

So you have Netflix, TVB Anywhere+ and SingTel Cast Asian Plus pack. That is pretty good combination with some live TV, Asian and western entertainment.

How is the Video quality if you compare TVB Anywhere+ and SingTel Cast Asian Plus on your big TV? No doubt Netflix will be the best among the three.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have tvb on both my 100" projector and 65" TV. I think the resolution is reasonable although my wife claims Starhub Cable TV is better. I don't have fiber TV so can't comment. Singtel cast also look good

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have tvb on both my 100" projector and 65" TV. I think the resolution is reasonable although my wife claims Starhub Cable TV is better. I don't have fiber TV so can't comment. Singtel cast also look good

The last time I tried the free 香港台, it seems quite bad

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4k content is determined by the Internet speed. Not sure whether we can cope with 4k content. Actually netflix has some 4k content. I used to watch 4k content on bluray using disc from Amazon. The color is vibrant and has a lot of details.

I think that is the direction apps will move. Not sure about those incumbents

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
There is promotion for StarHub entertainment pass for non-subscribers, sign up before 12 May to enjoy waiver of $15/mth for the fibre link access

But they are not giving free 1 additional entertainment pass, only 50% off for first 3 months

5lKF6uA.jpg

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is promotion for StarHub entertainment pass for non-subscribers, sign up before 12 May to enjoy waiver of $15/mth for the fibre link access

But they are not giving free 1 additional entertainment pass, only 50% off for first 3 months

5lKF6uA.jpg

But there is no Starhub Go app right? Actually just bite the bullet and say goodbye to conventional TV. Move to Netflix, apple, Google movies, singtel cast, tvb etc...

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
But there is no Starhub Go app right? Actually just bite the bullet and say goodbye to conventional TV. Move to Netflix, apple, Google movies, singtel cast, tvb etc...

Have, “watch on the go”

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

5lKF6uA.jpg

Such promotion is not so good deal so hard to attact people to sign up.

JiEx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if I can just subscribe to 1 StarHub go entertain pass and watch on android tv?

Goldschlager

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have to pay $80 to $100+ for their hard disk to use the smart tv recording for my parents. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.