The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
Lol so 2029 those watches will be worth nothing?
Given your style of depre

Hahahaha dude. U is Jin funny.

You do the math lor.

Anyway, it's good for you since you're already into AP. But yours is the 41mm one, may be good for you, but market doesn't like it as much as the 39mm one. Nevertheless, your 41mm chrono value will also appreciate in 2029 lah, give and take some fluctuation in between these years because of the high possibility of a global financial crisis.

If I were you, I would keep your 41mm ROC anniversary model, and fire sale the other watches ASAP while the going is still good, and buy a pre-owned AP at bargain price when sentiments turn bad.. which seems pretty soon

Last edited:

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know the AP ROO "The Beast"?

Titanium case and bracelet, blue "end of days" older style dial.

10 years ago the pre-owned dealers couldn't sell it cos every one was going crazy over the updated ROO then, with the rubberclad, the themes, and the three colourful ones with hornback gator strap.

Pre-owned prices of The Beast went down to $14k, $15k asking price at pre-owned dealers.

Today, the same model of that vintage is trading for over $30+k.

In comparison, a G series Volcano/Safari/Navy can be hooted for $16k. The rubberclad of G series, lagi no need to say.. can hoot for even lower.

What I mean to say is, for AP, choosing wisely can reap you dividends. Today you can be wearing a $30+k vintage ROO that cost you $14k to buy. While those siao eh who hooted a Volcano at $24k 10 years ago would be losing out now, and plus a few K in servicing fees in between.

Last edited:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Err.. I feel that value and depreciation does play a part in our purchasing decisions.
For example, my heart tells me that I should go for hublot spirit of big bang. I really like the case shape, not bad movement and the fact that it resembles a RM knowing fully well that I can never afford a RM in my lifetime. But my head is telling me to get a rolex dssd blue for around the same price (both grey sets). Branding wise rolex >hublot, I feel that I can get 'more' watch out of dssd. Also thinking of service intervals, servicing cost some time down the line.

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT

Life too short, if you can afford it, get the Big Bang. If got no budget, wait for good deal. If cannot afford, just wear what you can and be happy with it.

Simple? Simple.. Beats moaning about past losses indirectly by arguing ad nauseum about resale value.

runningman.snsd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why you all keep feeding the troll ah

He happy can already, never force your own thinking onto others online

Can’t wait to get Seiko snowflake when I go Japan

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how you approach life. Find wife is it find rich man daughter and hope to get return? Buy dog is it to breed and sell off puppies? Buy food is it to see how much sai you produce and sell off as fertiliser?

don't call yourself a watch collector ever. If you have this hobby with investment mindset, you are damn dumb. Easier to buy stocks and make from there.

I do buy and sell stocks too. I also buy and sell property, but not recently.

However I also like watches and have been buying and selling them for the past 20 years.

Is it such a crime to not want to lose out in your hobby? Is it a crime to want to come up on top in your hobby?

Must sacrifice for passion then can be considered a watch fan/collector/purist is it? That makes no sense what.

It's like saying a musician or an artist cannot sell commercially and make money, otherwise he/she will be considered a sellout, a charlatan, because not pure and honest enough for his/her craft. That's nonsense.

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tUL42Qe.jpg

poor man can only afford seiko. :sad:

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
Wa wa people watch fan wor but at the first sight of losing money, immediately write them off as losers.

I will say it again la, he is the kind that sees spending on hobby as a sacrifice & not as enjoyment, that’s why he cannot stomach the loss.
But he still want to haolian on watches, so he jjww on why he will only buy certain brands.

I think once he sees his kids no talent to earn money immediately put up for adoption.

learningdandy

Reaction score
Why are you looking at it as a competition though? It's not a race and there's no top or bottom. You come out top against who? Then so what if i die die only like panerai? Dont buy meh. No what, watch market so unpredictable. Just buy what you love and enjoy wearing, can hold value or appreciate then shiok lah.

I do buy and sell stocks too. I also buy and sell property, but not recently.

However I also like watches and have been buying and selling them for the past 20 years.

Is it such a crime to not want to lose out in your hobby? Is it a crime to want to come up on top in your hobby?

Must sacrifice for passion then can be considered a watch fan/collector/purist is it? That makes no sense what.

It's like saying a musician or an artist cannot sell commercially and make money, otherwise he/she will be considered a sellout, a charlatan, because not pure and honest enough for his/her craft. That's nonsense.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You do the math lor.

Anyway, it's good for you since you're already into AP. But yours is the 41mm one, may be good for you, but market doesn't like it as much as the 39mm one. Nevertheless, your 41mm chrono value will also appreciate in 2029 lah, give and take some fluctuation in between these years because of the high possibility of a global financial crisis.

If I were you, I would keep your 41mm ROC anniversary model, and fire sale the other watches ASAP while the going is still good, and buy a pre-owned AP at bargain price when sentiments turn bad.. which seems pretty soon

Lol sorry I not you.
Don't need your advice on watches lol

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa wa people watch fan wor but at the first sight of losing money, immediately write them off as losers.

I will say it again la, he is the kind that sees spending on hobby as a sacrifice & not as enjoyment, that’s why he cannot stomach the loss.
But he still want to haolian on watches, so he jjww on why he will only buy certain brands.

I think once he sees his kids no talent to earn money immediately put up for adoption.

Hahahaha. Sell his kids. Cash out quick.
Reduce losses

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why are you looking at it as a competition though? It's not a race and there's no top or bottom. You come out top against who? Then so what if i die die only like panerai? Dont buy meh. No what, watch market so unpredictable. Just buy what you love and enjoy wearing, can hold value or appreciate then shiok lah.

For some, even the price double also won't sell
Why?
Because you may not ever get it again
Or
Price is going up. Then have seller remorse.
Or
The watch have sentimental value
Or
He just likes it. Money is secondary.

xiaokuang

Reaction score
I seriously dun understand why watch thread can become a stock thread.. Talk about value talk about price increase price decrease. Watch u wear should be watch u enjoy looking at it.. Looking at it for time...

Not watch u buy just to keep value and pray value increase... U want to do that, might as well buy bonds buy financial instruments.. For that.. Go to the correct thread and stop being an arse here...

Happy owner of a tudor here.. Bought it not becos of the value.. Bought it becos I love the look the size and I am happy looking at it on my wrist when I want to know the time...

8LrMqBVl.jpg

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I also think even kid has talent there will be a 20+% APR to ensure ROI.
Being a spouse also stress, can’t imagine what determines value

micgoh

Reaction score
You wearing Patek liao why wanna buy TT sub? A bit not fitting your status la uncle.

Arboh you buy my TT GMT2C mai? Local AD, b and p. Good price for you. Well taken care of all these years.

Pm me the details and uncle consider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.