Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miroku90

Master Member
Reaction score
We played the UCL final just 1 season ago, I believe our players can cope with the pressure better. Although I think Spurs will be a tougher opponent than Ajax but I will still pick them over the likes of Barca, Juv or City to play in the final.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter. Just play with all our hearts and a little cheekiness.

Spurs will stay dangerous until the final whistle. So 100% focus and determination.

Must see which Spurs team turn up. If it is the BPL Spurs we meet, then high chance of winning. Hahaha

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT

GunzerX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only difference is this is played on neutral ground and I sure the experience of traveling fans to ucl final will play a part. I hope we turn over from previous defeat to victory in ucl final. I expect spurs to be a very different and touch opponent.their first final and only chance to ucl trophy.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no idea y wld any1 want spurs over ajax

ajax young inexp surely to make mistake like now u see crumble under pressure

spurs is the siao siao factor can be super on form n they even beat man city home n away when we can only draw at hm n lose to them at ethiad lol

spurs didnt beat city away mah?

spurs only beat city at home.

cwcyenk

Master Member
Reaction score
Quality wise, both Ajax and Spurs are quite similar. Liverpool will be favourites to win it no matter what.

But in the event that Liverpool somehow lost, I rather see Ajax lifting the Big Ears than Spurs. So yeah, I was hoping it will be Ajax.

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I swear the pessimism here and fearfulness here is alarming.
All the feel good factor after yesterday’s monumental triumph eroded just because spurs made it to the final.
It’s not underestimating spurs. All due respect. They did great making the final. We are the ****ing team with European Pedigree. Sure,a final is a one off game that anything can happen but surely we did not ****ing thrash barca just to be beaten in the final by spurs of all teams.
It will be a great game but we MUST ****ing bring back no.6

Stuffed

Master Member
Reaction score
Spurs is really unpredictable, and for a cup final when it's a one off all or nothing game, it becomes more challenging.

Now that they also made an epic comeback, I hope luck stays with us for the final.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Our team had over the course of the season has become more mentally tough and experienced. As klopp said they're mental giants. Add to the experience of last year's finals against real. We'll be tough to beat. No guarantees we'll win but if the players can play their best...

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ajax could have won if they didn’t celebrate at half time. Ajax fall apart when spurs turned on the Bpl pace

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Our team had over the course of the season has become more mentally tough and experienced. As klopp said they're mental giants. Add to the experience of last year's finals against real. We'll be tough to beat. No guarantees we'll win but if the players can play their best...

If we don’t beat spurs we don’t deserve to win any trophy. Not even Mickey Mouse cup. We will turn up and beat them convincingly

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
When Ajax was drawn against Real Madrid, everyone thought Real would go through. When Ajax was drawn against Juventus, everyone thought Juve would pass by seamlessly.
When Tottenham was drawn against Man City, everyone thought City will blow Spurs away.
When Liverpool was down 3-0 down to Barcelona from the first leg, no one gave Liverpool a chance to go through.
Before even the 2nd leg between Tottenham and Ajax was played, everyone was talking as if Ajax was already in the finals. And it seemed so at half-time.

See the pattern? What's the key take-away here?

Never underestimate any opponent.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
We played the UCL final just 1 season ago, I believe our players can cope with the pressure better. Although I think Spurs will be a tougher opponent than Ajax but I will still pick them over the likes of Barca, Juv or City to play in the final.
Plus no Karius :o

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Believe guys, believe! If we as fans or supporters dont dont believe in the team, you are not fit to wear to support the Reds! YNWA

LifeIsSuch

Master Member
Reaction score
I swear the pessimism here and fearfulness here is alarming.
All the feel good factor after yesterday’s monumental triumph eroded just because spurs made it to the final.
It’s not underestimating spurs. All due respect. They did great making the final. We are the ****ing team with European Pedigree. Sure,a final is a one off game that anything can happen but surely we did not ****ing thrash barca just to be beaten in the final by spurs of all teams.
It will be a great game but we MUST ****ing bring back no.6
I'm with you on this one. I cannot believe some of the reasons given why some prefer ajax over spurs. Sorry, to be brunt. But prefer ajax bcos if we lose, it will be less painful than losing to a BPL team? What kind of crap reason is this. It will be painful to lose in the final regardless. But I'm sure the team will go into the final with confidence, but not disrespectful regardless of the opponent.
Ps: I don't prefer spurs. We beat them twice does not necessary mean we will have it east. But I don't care. Just bring back no. 6.

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hugo Illoris and HotSperms def are still Sperms weak link. As long as our players can expoilt this, there is no fear!

We have more quality in the likes of Alisson in GK and Fabinho in DM now. As long as Klopp dont ponder too much in Hendo-Wij-Milner, we should be alright! Plus our Fab 3 will be back and will cause trouble for them. Every ball must be won and no mistakes should be committed. Our lads' adrenaline must be pumped up high on 2nd June morning.

YNWA

Last edited:

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

We have seen lots of replays on the goals from Istanbul extended version, now see it from the commentator box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.