Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
A.. the next march is against wolves. Why is everyone talking about UCL final?

Let's discuss about it after this Sunday. 1 match at a time. No matter who we play against in the UCL final, we have to remember we just beat Barca so anything is possbile.

N this Sunday, City might draw or lose so doesn't we. So let's not get too far ahead. We have a tough last match of the season to come and as fan we might feel heartache or over the moon on Monday. Pray hard guys..

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We lost last year, because of inexperience and the shock of losing Salah so early in the game.

This year, the differences are:
1) Alisson
2) Fabinho
3) European experience (us vs opponent)

Believe. Never give up.
And no ***** dirty players... No ***** Ramos.

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And no ***** dirty players... No ***** Ramos.

actually spurs also quite dirty.

earlier this season vertongen go poke bobby's eyes. :s13:

but definitely still cleaner than spanish teams.

really like what i see from fabinho. took his time to gel. but once his did. really outstanding player. was sceptical when we got him. thinking y monaco all best players left liao but this guy no ppl want. even bakayoko also got ppl want.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We just gotta watch out for Lucas Moura.

He is good is small spaces and has a tendency to squeeze in shots on target.

FeNgZhEnG

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bring on Spurs.

Sure they have the Son.

But we have the MANe.

man to watch is Moura, this guy is everywhere and the star player last night...

anyway guess Salah and maybe Firmino will be back for the finals

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We just gotta watch out for Lucas Moura.

He is good is small spaces and has a tendency to squeeze in shots on target.
hope klopp gave up signing him for a good reason. tho he is definitely spurs most threatening player bar son.

if lose, i just hope its not because of once in a lifetime goal from bloody rose again. lose to wonder goal is sibei knn.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This finals, both teams have shown equal resolve to come back from significant setbacks.
Both almost didn't make it from their group stages and even had to capitalise on circumstance from other teams to make it thru.
We beat Bayern away which is tough by most standards when we couldn't do it at home. Porto is easy. We made the greatest comeback against Barca and this will surely no doubt be a mental block in their future UCL.
Spurs bested Dortmund resoundingly.
This was followed by last minute heart attack moment against man city.
Now they beat Ajax with 3 goals in 45 mins.

Players from both sides are up to the mark with their heart, technical quality and physical fitness.
The stadium is on neutral ground though the fact that this is in real Madrid could spur Liverpool on because of last year's debacle.
The long break meant that fresh legs are available for this single legged tie. However, if previous recent experience come to show, this is against Liverpool when we had 9-10day break before showdown against Leicester and Bayern Munich.

The factor which I think will make the greatest difference will be the manager's tactics and the confidence instilled into each player. This is so crucial since it's so near yet so far to reach the cup. Tactics have been the deciding factor for most of the outcomes for both teams in UCL and it will again make a difference in this match. Both managers have also sparred with each other in EPL so they are familiar with each other and I'll give our manager the edge in this. No doubt it will be a high quality match more so than a typical EPL face off.

As a pool fan, I'll respect the quality of our adversary yet I hope our team will be able to dish out heavy metal football when the moment calls for it and produce a long awaited cup for Liverpool.

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s not being pessimistic or anything but the ball is freaking rd anything can happen don’t think just cause it’s spurs it’s bao jiak it just tt if tmd worst come to worst happen I would rather see Ajax a young team with potential lift it than just see a fellow bpl team yet alone spurs a team full of divers

Saying tt of course pool doesn’t fear spurs or anyone but given the choice y the wld I want spurs lmao

I swear the pessimism here and fearfulness here is alarming.
All the feel good factor after yesterday’s monumental triumph eroded just because spurs made it to the final.
It’s not underestimating spurs. All due respect. They did great making the final. We are the ****ing team with European Pedigree. Sure,a final is a one off game that anything can happen but surely we did not ****ing thrash barca just to be beaten in the final by spurs of all teams.
It will be a great game but we MUST ****ing bring back no.6

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think it is llorente after he came on to jiak blind spurs has been winning every ball and he is holding the ball well hope he is pair against vvd so tt vvd can revenge for De Ligt

man to watch is Moura, this guy is everywhere and the star player last night...

anyway guess Salah and maybe Firmino will be back for the finals

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually spurs also quite dirty.

earlier this season vertongen go poke bobby's eyes. :s13:

but definitely still cleaner than spanish teams.

really like what i see from fabinho. took his time to gel. but once his did. really outstanding player. was sceptical when we got him. thinking y monaco all best players left liao but this guy no ppl want. even bakayoko also got ppl want.
Hope he will be out... He's an important player too.. but I hope they play Kane.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Spurs have tons of divers lol but hopin with var they won’t do anything funny
I not scare of divers coz got var... I only scare of experience dirty players who mastered the dark arts and make it seem like a tussle even to var officials when it's obvious they wanted to incapacitate the star player.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Spurs have tons of divers lol but hopin with var they won’t do anything funny

actually i wont be surprised if i see spurs kana red card. i hope they do.

main suspect is alli. this guy quite thug. nv liked him but hes a liverpool supporter. :s13:

then recently son dunno why ki siao go kick ppl.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

main suspect is alli. this guy quite thug. nv liked him but hes a liverpool supporter. :s13:

I guess it's the pressure to perform... Just like suayrez keep biting people.

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Congrats to spurs!

This UCL final has send a message across to all the top European Clubs that having endless flow of cash wont buy you a trophy in UCL.

Remember where were we when John Henry just took over and how many years we are without European football.

The same goes for Spurs who came a long way to be able to compete in UCL final.

mwwk

Reaction score
New home shirt is on sale today!!! Going to hoot the goalie jersey... hope won't be sold out later.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe Pochettino tell them to play like that.

Only in recent matches, have we also started to show our street smartness in matches. Especially in the UCL knockout stages where the inches and seconds matter so much. Nice teams finish second.

Some of our players up for special mention for adding extra grit to their games are:

- Milner nudging Messi in the first leg.
- Robbo patting Messi on his head to signal to him to stop playacting in the second leg.
- Fabinho with his full blooded and well timed tackles despite getting a yellow early in the second leg.
- Gini for playing angry and incisively.
- Trent for being cheeky and intelligent enough to take that corner kick
- Origi for making it difficult for the Barca defenders with his size.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't need to do get ahead of ourselves. Most important final against wolves coming up.

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hope klopp gave up signing him for a good reason. tho he is definitely spurs most threatening player bar son.

if lose, i just hope its not because of once in a lifetime goal from bloody rose again. lose to wonder goal is sibei knn.

We will not lose. No IFs. No more what its. It's in our hands. Firmly believe in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.