EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

OKorNOT

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Im planning to setup for my father an auto top facility for ERP/EPS cos he pioneer generation already so leceh abit to everytime go topup @ ATM...but I myself dont drive so asking all brothers here... whats a good method thats hassle-free, (no double charge etc) and widely accepted?

NETS Flashpay with autotopup?
EZlink with auto-reload?
- does it now auto topup when value is low? cos i read previously smtimes it dosent
EZ-Pay?
- not widely accepted yet

Thank all.

Flashpay lah...
Even my downstair 2 provision shop also got accept flashpay

Buy 4d at spools also can use 2c per transaction only
Better den use nets charge 20c per transaction

matejakezman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently got SC unlimited card and there is this Ez reload function. However I didn't activate this feature yet they still deduct $50.25 from the card?

whatheheck

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.nets.com.sg/promotions/s...hpay-for-free/

Switch to NETS FlashPay for free

Get a NETS FlashPay card for FREE with the exchange of a non-FlashPay card at our roadshows!

Promotion Terms and Conditions:

1. Old/expiring MRT cards with at least one transaction (excluding top-up) in the last 30 days will be accepted.
2. Card must be readable and unexpired.
3. Any balance on the old MRT card will be transferred to your new FlashPay card instantly.
4. The 1-to-1 card exchange is available at selected roadshows on a first-come-first served basis, while stocks last.
5. Not applicable for co-branded cards (including bank co-branded cards), cards with a stored value of more than $80, and cards with Auto Top-Up functions.
6. Roadshow exchange is only applicable for non-NFP cards that meet the conditions stated above.

Definition of old/expiring is :s11:

Z_Dash

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently there is no credit card that offers cashback for Nets FlashPay?
The last one i knew BOC Family removed it.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long as your EZ-link card hasn't expired, can do the one-to-one exchange

Most important is that the card is still readable so that they can transfer the value in the old card to the new card issued to you...

OKorNOT

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Card expiry 2024 also can change?

Any ezlink card can be traded in for a nfp card, the expiry date doesnt matter , as long as it a ezlink card tat haven expire they will trade u 1-1 for a nfp...

I recently traded in a found ezlink card with expiry 2024 too...

The purpose of all these free trade is to snatch ezlink customer over to nets lol

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Any ezlink card can be traded in for a nfp card, the expiry date doesnt matter , as long as it a ezlink card tat haven expire they will trade u 1-1 for a nfp...

I recently traded in a found ezlink card with expiry 2024 too...

The purpose of all these free trade is to snatch ezlink customer over to nets lol

Cool. I msg them on Facebook and the guy say must be 1 month to expiry.

whatheheck

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya their email reply is no limit to expiry and they accept all valid and non expired ezlink.

nomoneynotalk

Reaction score
1. You extend the validity of your transport card
2. Nets FP can be used at more retail places

Ok. I see your point. It is good for those who want to extend card validity and they don't need to fork out $5 for the cost of the card.

But for those who wish to Auto Top-Up via credit card, it is better to use EZ-Reload because there is a convenience fee of $0.25 will be charged if use NETS FlashPay Auto Top-Up.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok. I see your point. It is good for those who want to extend card validity and they don't need to fork out $5 for the cost of the card.

But for those who wish to Auto Top-Up via credit card, it is better to use EZ-Reload because there is a convenience fee of $0.25 will be charged if use NETS FlashPay Auto Top-Up.

That's true. But then you can just use MasterCard to tap for transport. why need ezreload?

nomoneynotalk

Reaction score
That's true. But then you can just use MasterCard to tap for transport. why need ezreload?

Haha, I have read some threads that there are people discussing about glitch on incorrect/double charged fare payment when using contactless bank card, plus the 1024 taps limit thingy.

I have summarized the transit payment options as below for those who wish to know the differences.

EZ-Link
-Tap using EZ-Link Card
-Required upfront top-up
-EZ-Reload by by Credit/Debit Card

NETS FlashPay
-Tap using NETS FlashPay Card
-Required upfront top-up
-Auto Top-Up (ATU) by Credit/Debit Card

SimplyGo (Formerly ABT)
-Tap using Contactless Credit/Debit Card with Mastercard, Visa (ABT Pilot) and NETS (ABT Pilot)
-Tap using mobile wallets such as Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay
-Not required upfront top-up, directly charged to your Credit/Debit Card.

Last edited:

slowth84

Reaction score
Haha, I have read some threads that there are people discussing about glitch on incorrect/double charged fare payment when using contactless bank card, plus the 1024 taps limit thingy.

I have summarized the transit payment options as below for those who wish to know the differences.

EZ-Link
-Tap using EZ-Link Card
-Required upfront top-up
-EZ-Reload by by Credit/Debit Card

NETS FlashPay
-Tap using NETS FlashPay Card
-Required upfront top-up
-Auto Top-Up (ATU) by Credit/Debit Card

SimplyGo (Formerly ABT)
-Tap using Contactless Credit/Debit Card with Mastercard, Visa (ABT Pilot) and NETS (ABT Pilot)
-Tap using mobile wallets such as Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay
-Not required upfront top-up, directly charged to your Credit/Debit Card.

With the ABT not being widely available for parking yet, all seem to have their shortfall, with no rewards for ez/flashpay topup.

Headache deciding which to embark on since i’m waiting for my first car.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.