Please help with my face ID guys

ketforme

Reaction score
hey guys, i tried to reset my face id a few days back as it wasnt working as fast as it used to.When i tried to reset it, the familiar round dotted circle asking you to rotate your head within it wasn't there anymore. in its place were the picture below

https://ibb.co/5kCzCWx

https://ibb.co/1dcBFQC

Is this a known issue? (just updated to ios 12.2)

Can anyone please advice??

Im using Iphone X 64GB btw

TIA!!

Last edited:

ketforme

Reaction score
Was your iphone under warranty? my expire liao. need to pay roughly how much bro?

ketforme

Reaction score
Bro sorry i nood, can teach me how to do force restart? NO warranty repair $818, might as well get new phone sia...haiz

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not just walk in and ask the apple store staff? That's what I did. If need to pay, they will inform you before proceeding.

ketforme

Reaction score
Why not just walk in and ask the apple store staff? That's what I did. If need to pay, they will inform you before proceeding.

Hi bro, i called the hotline and they booked a Genius appointment at the apple store later, was your set under warranty when the issue happened? if not roughly how much did you pay for it?

pegkpq

Reaction score
I had the same issue previously not only that I cant even unlock my phone with faceID as it doesn't detect at all. I tried to hard reset and everything.
I went to the apple shop for help too, nothing wrong with my phone it was the screen protector i had, the top part was stuck with the dust and somehow after removing it it WORKS !

ever since i just put normal tempered glass.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had AppleCare so it was taken care of. But I’m sure you can try pushing for a replacement set. Hope the Genius Bar can take care of you

Hi bro, i called the hotline and they booked a Genius appointment at the apple store later, was your set under warranty when the issue happened? if not roughly how much did you pay for it?

ketforme

Reaction score
Thanks everybody who helped with advice and past experiences. Really appreciate it! This community is great because of the members in it!

Ket.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.