Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
She need money for what..she can go work part time ma

I think she needs to settle some issues immediately hence the need for instant cash. I didnt probe furthur cause I dont want to intrude her personal life also. She is working but just as a freelance.

Makminah

Reaction score
My NOK & workplace have been harassed by the 1st LS which was quite traumatizing & I’ve made a report to the police for that..but the 2nd one I didn’t include with my 1st report bcoz I thought I can negotiate..should have made a report & get it over & done with frm the start..

Stop paying them, block them and inform your workplace that they might call again. Dont have to tell your workplace its a different LS. Just tell them same LS but they are starting to call you guys again. Make a police report again and come clean. This is to safe guard yourself. You dont know who you are transferring the $$ to, he/she might be a victim and if they make a report and your account num is reflected, police can charge you as an accomplice. Better be safe than sorry.

Stay strong ya. We all understand how traumatizing things can be but this idiots feed on our fear. So be brave, be strong and be safe. Things will get better eventually just gotta endure a little bit more.

Need_help_

Reaction score
I’ve made a report while negotiating the repayment, so I’ll just block the number and see what they will come up with.

Stop paying them, block them and inform your workplace that they might call again. Dont have to tell your workplace its a different LS. Just tell them same LS but they are starting to call you guys again. Make a police report again and come clean. This is to safe guard yourself. You dont know who you are transferring the $$ to, he/she might be a victim and if they make a report and your account num is reflected, police can charge you as an accomplice. Better be safe than sorry.

Stay strong ya. We all understand how traumatizing things can be but this idiots feed on our fear. So be brave, be strong and be safe. Things will get better eventually just gotta endure a little bit more.

D20203

Reaction score
Know that your data gets passed around so many more will come and offer you "help". As long as they are not licensed, they are UML. Seek your company understanding of the scam, if not possible, time to look for another job.

Just let your company know is the first LS, just ask those whom answered the call that you have been fired or left the company. So long they cant find you, sooner or later will stop.

I contacted my IO, they trace the call which is made from internet rather than local direct callung line. If its local, very easy to track them down.

Stay strong and enjoy with your family. If they dare send runner than just dail the hotline.

Leviathan19

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Everyday for the last 1 week i have been reading up this forum and it actually calm me down a bit.I'm also a victim of this scam.

Ask for loan from LS no. 1. Even got his number from online googling. As usual he say need to do trail to put my name in system. 700 and return 1k. So that happen within 2 days i return the amount and when ask for the amount to loan, he give all sort of excuses that his office cannot allow me to borrow more as i got bad debt. So he suggest the same tactics. 1k for 1 week return 1.4k. I told him i need the full amount urgently. No point giving me small2 amount. He only ask me 3 times if want to continue. I just keep on rejecting. Then no sound no picture.

But now, LS no. 2. After a day finish laising with LS no. 1. I recieved a whatsapp saying that 400 is transferred to my account wrongly. So now need to just return the money. I text back and ask who are you and how you get my number? He just gave a fake name and then screenshot me the transfer. I was shock to see my bank acct number but with of coz not my name on it. I ask again where you get my number and account. He kept quiet and block me afterwards.

Last Saturday i received another set of msgs. So i ask again which company you from and what is your registration number? He insists i need to just trf back the money. I ask for the second time and he gave me some ******** company name and a legit registration number. So i check on the MOL website for the list of LML and got the address for the legit one. I told him i come down your ofc now to pass back the 400. From there on he strt haressing me to why need to come down just trf back can already. I just kept quiet the whole time coz i know it's already a scam.

2 days later, he ask me in caps, "SO NOW YOU TELL ME YOU WANT TO PAY OR NOT?" Kept calling me a lot of times, i never pick up. Using sooo many numbers to call me. I still never pick up. Lastly when he about to give up, he threatens that now i dun wanna pay right he know what to do. He send me all those video of splashing and fire burning of door lah. Tell me if my family got problem remember it's him. By that time i was already on the spf website logging in my reports. I-witness and police report. Kiasu mah.

Tbh, i was actually quite scard but i got to remember to stay calm coz we are not supposed to give in to these f***ers. The IO just called yesterday to fixed an appointment with me today. I haven't block anyone on my phone yet. So far it has been a peaceful 2 days except for unknown numbers calling which i never pick up also.

My only concern right now i have yet to inform my NOK and workplace about it. Maybe i should ask my NOKs change their number. You guys know how long it will take?

And i also have yet to close my account. I think which i will do before the appt with IO.

I'm not scard they spam the address that was given, because i just change it on Saturday. But i pity the owner of the house now. I think i will inform them via letter.

Just another question. I have only given my company's name but the phone number is my hp number. Will they still call the number that i have given or they will find where my company aka google and kacau from there? This part i stress coz i jist change job and the address on google is just the main office as i am on site all the time.

Anyway thank you for all the encouragement that was given in this forum. It actually helps me to calm the f*** down for a bit. But of coz we need to keep reminding ourselves on our own.

murmurmurmur

Reaction score
But police will respond immediately or not? No point if the police act on the report days or weeks after.

You should block them, stop making any more payments and make a police report immediately. Do this first and be mentally and emotionally prepare for what's to come. Even if you want to close account, they will give you so many excuses and only allow you to defer.

The initial part wont be easy, they will harass you, your NOK and workplace. So be inform your NOK and workplace first. I think they would appreciate the heads up.

The rest of the things of what you should do i basically the same. Read up the past post you'll get the idea. Goodluck ya! 💪

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Everyday for the last 1 week i have been reading up this forum and it actually calm me down a bit.I'm also a victim of this scam.

Ask for loan from LS no. 1. Even got his number from online googling. As usual he say need to do trail to put my name in system. 700 and return 1k. So that happen within 2 days i return the amount and when ask for the amount to loan, he give all sort of excuses that his office cannot allow me to borrow more as i got bad debt. So he suggest the same tactics. 1k for 1 week return 1.4k. I told him i need the full amount urgently. No point giving me small2 amount. He only ask me 3 times if want to continue. I just keep on rejecting. Then no sound no picture.

But now, LS no. 2. After a day finish laising with LS no. 1. I recieved a whatsapp saying that 400 is transferred to my account wrongly. So now need to just return the money. I text back and ask who are you and how you get my number? He just gave a fake name and then screenshot me the transfer. I was shock to see my bank acct number but with of coz not my name on it. I ask again where you get my number and account. He kept quiet and block me afterwards.

Last Saturday i received another set of msgs. So i ask again which company you from and what is your registration number? He insists i need to just trf back the money. I ask for the second time and he gave me some ******** company name and a legit registration number. So i check on the MOL website for the list of LML and got the address for the legit one. I told him i come down your ofc now to pass back the 400. From there on he strt haressing me to why need to come down just trf back can already. I just kept quiet the whole time coz i know it's already a scam.

2 days later, he ask me in caps, "SO NOW YOU TELL ME YOU WANT TO PAY OR NOT?" Kept calling me a lot of times, i never pick up. Using sooo many numbers to call me. I still never pick up. Lastly when he about to give up, he threatens that now i dun wanna pay right he know what to do. He send me all those video of splashing and fire burning of door lah. Tell me if my family got problem remember it's him. By that time i was already on the spf website logging in my reports. I-witness and police report. Kiasu mah.

Tbh, i was actually quite scard but i got to remember to stay calm coz we are not supposed to give in to these f***ers. The IO just called yesterday to fixed an appointment with me today. I haven't block anyone on my phone yet. So far it has been a peaceful 2 days except for unknown numbers calling which i never pick up also.

My only concern right now i have yet to inform my NOK and workplace about it. Maybe i should ask my NOKs change their number. You guys know how long it will take?

And i also have yet to close my account. I think which i will do before the appt with IO.

I'm not scard they spam the address that was given, because i just change it on Saturday. But i pity the owner of the house now. I think i will inform them via letter.

Just another question. I have only given my company's name but the phone number is my hp number. Will they still call the number that i have given or they will find where my company aka google and kacau from there? This part i stress coz i jist change job and the address on google is just the main office as i am on site all the time.

Anyway thank you for all the encouragement that was given in this forum. It actually helps me to calm the f*** down for a bit. But of coz we need to keep reminding ourselves on our own.

It's not predictable what they will do, they will attempt to harass to get you to give them $. Ignore them and break contact, once they find they can't get anything out of you, they give up soon enough. Everytime they harass, file more reports. If you read enough of the history of this thread you get the idea what to do.

Makminah

Reaction score
But police will respond immediately or not? No point if the police act on the report days or weeks after.

If there is no physical harm done to you, your family or property, what kind of respond are you expecting from the police? Firstly the reason for the report is to safe guard yrself la. Imagine you keep on transferring $$ to different2 accounts to 'defer'. Those $$ you transfer to could be a new victim and if he/she sway2 report to the police and your bank account is reflected, the police might charge you as an accomplice with the Ls.

Anw no harm done reporting to the police, if anything happens they'll be first to respond not people from the thread/forum

Makminah

Reaction score
So far,this 1 week UML only called the office & home abt 3 times.. threaten to come down my house but crossing my fingers nothing & everythng over soon..

They are trying to scare you. Just be firm and dont fall for the threats. If they really want to come down, they wont KPKB one.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Welcome back.hope you are doing fine.

Yes... Happens to me too.
You will sometimes find LS whatsapping you offering loans.
They are all merely trying to fish information.
The best thing to do is completely ignore them and block them.

Henrypoo

Reaction score
Hi can i check. My brother has borrow from uml. And they keep sending food up. Is there any way to stop this? We dont want to pay for food we nvr order.

Birdy2019

Reaction score
Hi,my husband enquiry about the loan thru whatsapp,the person said trsf for a small loan and try out firdt,then my hubby rejected cos he want a whole sum of money instead.the conversation ends here.yesterday night his bank got additional $400 from a malay lady’s name. Till now there is no call or msg from the LS yet,anyone encounter this?what should i do the next?

Messup

Reaction score
Hi can i check. My brother has borrow from uml. And they keep sending food up. Is there any way to stop this? We dont want to pay for food we nvr order.

Your brother defaulted his payments?

Go make a police report and tell the delivery guys you never order anything.

Messup

Reaction score
Hi,my husband enquiry about the loan thru whatsapp,the person said trsf for a small loan and try out firdt,then my hubby rejected cos he want a whole sum of money instead.the conversation ends here.yesterday night his bank got additional $400 from a malay lady’s name. Till now there is no call or msg from the LS yet,anyone encounter this?what should i do the next?

Please go and make a police report. And block all unfamiliar numbers. Meaning don’t answer any unfamiliar calls and inform those NOK that he had given info to them and/or office people.

And close his bank account and open a new one.

Henrypoo

Reaction score
Your brother defaulted his payments?

Go make a police report and tell the delivery guys you never order anything.

He nvr defaulted. Just that he every week defer until he bth. I have caculated. The amt he has paid is more than his principal. You mean tell them u nvr order then the delivery guy will go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.