[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

shirlyn.tan

Reaction score
Guys,
i would like to check am i able to connect 2 VR Set to 1x PS4? I just ordered mine from Korea (due to the price dirt cheap), able to convert to English or any setting i can make it to English? Set have not reach me yet, will reach me only next week

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry,
1 last questions.

What's are the recommended PS4 VR Games and normal PS4 Games?
Depends on what kind of games you like to play. Some of the popular titles: horizon zero dawn, overcooked, god of war, etc. (these are not vr games)

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys,
i would like to check am i able to connect 2 VR Set to 1x PS4? I just ordered mine from Korea (due to the price dirt cheap), able to convert to English or any setting i can make it to English? Set have not reach me yet, will reach me only next week
- No, 1 PSVR connected to 1 PS4.

- [Settings] > [Language] > [System Language]
Change to whatever you want. Some Asia version games have multiple languages, and if you want Chinese (in the game), you have to set the system language to Chinese (cos the game has no language option, it just automatically switch to what is set up in your PS4).

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/syslanguage.html

Čeština Czech
Dansk Danish
Deutsch German
English (United Kingdom) English (United Kingdom)
English (United States) English (United States)
Español (América Latina) Spanish (Latin America)
Español (España) Spanish (Spain)
Français (Canada) French (Canada)
Français (France) French (France)
Indonesia Indonesian
Italiano Italian
Magyar Hungarian
Nederlands Dutch
Norsk Norwegian
Polski Polish
Português (Brasil) Portuguese (Brazil)
Português (Portugal) Portuguese (Portugal)
Русский Russian
Română Romanian
Suomi Finnish
Svenska Swedish
Tiếng Việt Vietnamese
Türkçe Turkish
العربية Arabic
Ελληνικά Greek
日本語 Japanese
한국어 Korean
ไทย Thai
简体中文 Simplified Chinese characters
繁體中文 Traditional Chinese characters

FreetoFly

Reaction score
hi all experts. can I check what's the setup for Sony TV, ps4 slim and yamaha soundbar? anywhere I can read up more? is it as such:

step 1: Sony TV hdmi arc to yahama soundbar.
step 2: ps4 to any hdmi port or hdmi in to soundbar?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all experts. can I check what's the setup for Sony TV, ps4 slim and yamaha soundbar? anywhere I can read up more? is it as such:

What model soundbar? Best to give link to online manual. Soundbars are typically not like receiver/amplifier, you cannot use HDMI to pass video+audio to soundbar, then have soundbar play the audio and pass the video via HDMI to TV.

Generally you have to use HDMI to connect video+audio to TV. But whether your TV can pass the input PS4 audio to soundbar via HDMI ARC depends on the TV, as ARC may only carry TV program (where the TV is the source) and not an input source. Or your TV may have other audio output (like earphone port, RCA) that you can connect back to soundbar (may be stereo only, not surround).

If your PS4 is the oldest PS4 ('fat' model) or the PS4 Pro, there is optical out that you can use (but then we don't know your soundbar has optical or not since we don't know the model).

A common scenario is that you will have to buy a simple audio extractor box (like US$10) that takes HDMI input (video+audio), split it to HDMI output (video+autio, goes to TV) and also audio output (RCA 2 channel to multi channels, optical etc, this goes to soundbar).

HTB1yl4QrC3PL1JjSZFxq6ABBVXaG.jpg

HTB1Y2IIc8E_1uJjSZFOq6xNwXXaR.jpg

Another scenario is, if your soundbar has HDMI input, use a HDMI splitter (which duplicates the HDMI input to multiple HDMI output). So PS4 to splitter, splitter to TV, splitter to soundbar. (You then have the option of listening to the audio directly from the TV's speaker if you want, don't have to always turn on the soundbar.)

BESIUNI-4K-HDMI-Splitter-Full-HD-1080p-Video-HDMI-Switch-Switcher-1X2-1X4-Dual-Display-For.jpg_220x220xz.jpg

Spectre007

Master Member
Reaction score

ps4 to soundbar hdmi in. soundbar hdmi out to sony tv hdmi arc (normally hdmi 1). then change audio to external device on your tv.

blah blah blah

honestly, is there really a need to write a wall of text and make something so simple look so complicated?

FreetoFly

Reaction score
many thanks pierce bro, insightful as always.

my yamaha sound bar is yas 408, Sony TV is x75f, ps4 is the 2016 slim version.

"Or your TV may have other audio output (like earphone port, RCA) that you can connect back to soundbar (may be stereo only, not surround)." yes my TV has audio out to connect back to soundbar. yet to give this a try. will update again.

my ps4 slim seems like dont have optical out?

the splitter option sounds good. will see if I can avoid going down this route.

just curious, so when the bros here game, you all just use TV output for your sound? or some special headsets you all use?

FreetoFly

Reaction score
ps4 to soundbar hdmi in. soundbar hdmi out to sony tv hdmi arc (normally hdmi 1). then change audio to external device on your tv.

honestly, is there really a need to write a wall of text and make something so simple look so complicated?
thanks bro. will give this a try as well.

one more question, hdmi cables, are there a specific type I need to look out for? I just intend to get those from Amazon with arc supported

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
just curious, so when the bros here game, you all just use TV output for your sound? or some special headsets you all use?
For games that I don't think the audio will be impressive or imersive, or if I have already played the game before (and just grinding away, probably in post-game), I use TV's own speaker. Otherwise use Sony PS wireless headset (virtual surround), or plug a good wired earphone into the controller.

Or... repost:
For those who are using earphone/headphone plugged into the PS4 controller, I want to introduce you to a little gadget I bought recently:

HTB1E6NFeyqAXuNjy1Xdq6yYcVXaf.jpg

HTB1IXLOgNTI8KJjSspiq6zM4FXal.jpg

It's an adapter that you plug into the controller, then you plug your earphone into the adapter. What it offers is easy volume control (via a dial/wheel that you turn) and mic mute (via a big rectangular button). Yes, you can already do these on the PS4 itself, but you have to hold the PS button, then navigate through the menu to adjust. This adapter just makes them quick and easy (if your earphone/headphone doesn't already have such buttons).

The cons are:
- It's a bit bulky looking, but it doesn't get in the way, you only touch it when pressing the PS button
- The button is not Mute on/off but Mic on/off. So when the button is pushed down (it stays down), it's mic on, mic is not muted.

I got that from Aliexpress at US$2.15, free shipping. You can do a search for "ps4 audio jack headset adapter" (mine is this).

----------

As a bonus, if you want to use a bluetooth earphone/headphone/speaker, there's this other gadget:

3-5mm-Bluetooth-4-0-EDR-USB-Bluetooth-Dongle-Wireless-USB-Adapter-Receiver-For-PS4-Controller.jpg_220x220.jpg

It's a bluetooth transmitter dongle that you plug into the PS4. Then you pair your bluetooth earphone/speaker to it (hold the button on the dongle for like 2s to get into pairing mode). (I do find that after pairing once, often have to do again when want to use again.) Note that depending on your earphone, the volume control on the earphone (if any) may not work.

Also note that this is transmitter only, no receiving function, so your earphone's mic won't work. That's why you see another little thingy that you plug into the PS4 controller's earphone jack. That's basically a little mic (it uses PS4 controller's built-in function to handle your voice input).

You can search Aliexpress for "ps4 bluetooth adapter" (should be around US$8, free shipping).

----------

So which to use? Really depends on what earphone you want to use. Do note that these are stereo only, no surround sound.

cutthroat

Reaction score
many thanks pierce bro, insightful as always.

Personally i use Razer Thresher 7.1 Wireless which is built for PS4.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry,
1 last questions.

What's are the recommended PS4 VR Games and normal PS4 Games?
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission <- Best PSVR Exclusive
Wipeout Omega Collection
Resident Evil 7
Farpoint
Tetris Effect
Rez Infinite
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
Superhot VR

I'll add more if i can remember.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
ACG: a blast to play, there was never a time where I really sat back and said I am not enjoying myself

btw, file size 45.54 GB, day 1 patch 14 GB

Last edited:

FreetoFly

Reaction score
Personally i use Razer Thresher 7.1 Wireless which is built for PS4.
many thanks for sharing.

anyway I gave it another try ystd and turns out the issue was with my hdmi cable.

all is good for now! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.