Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
BEA 1.85%
Family went down today.
If want to credit principal and interest to other bank account upon maturity, have $20 fee.

Imo, troublesome to have to head to their only branch in town.
The fee for credit to other banks better covered if placement is higher.

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
Just received this in the mail
: Standard Chartered eSaver Bonus interest earning period from 1 Apr 2019 to 31 March 2020

Fine print on sc.com/sg/ext-apr19a

In brief: Longer-term tenure.
Total interest = Prevailing Interest Rate + Bonus Interest Rate (1.55%)
If there is a promotion (the one that we see updated every 2-3 months) that offers a higher Bonus Interest Rate, the higher rate will apply for that duration.

E.g. for April & May 2019, Bonus Interest rate is 1.75% since there is a current promotion that is higher than the quoted 1.55%.
Depending on Deposit Balance Tier, Total Interest could range from 1.85% to 2.0%

The catch: Top up account with fresh funds and maintain minimum account balance of 100k as of 31 May 2019.

IMO this is not too bad if bros here don't want to play merry-go-round with the other banks every 2-3 months. But need minimum balance of 100k.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
: Standard Chartered eSaver Bonus interest earning period from 1 Apr 2019 to 31 March 2020

The catch: Top up account with fresh funds and maintain minimum account balance of 100k as of 31 May 2019.

IMO this is not too bad if bros here don't want to play merry-go-round with the other banks every 2-3 months. But need minimum balance of 100k.

uh, so for those of us who recently just top up (to 200k) for the recent $500 credit promotion (e.g. by placing 100k into an eSaver account), do we automatically qualify since the promotion period is from 1 April to 31 May?

assuming we receive the mailer :)

pinpinpin

Suspended
Reaction score

If there is a promotion (the one that we see updated every 2-3 months) that offers a higher Bonus Interest Rate, the higher rate will apply for that duration.

E.g. for April & May 2019, Bonus Interest rate is 1.75% since there is a current promotion that is higher than the quoted 1.55%.
Depending on Deposit Balance Tier, Total Interest could range from 1.85% to 2.0%

y u have this?

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
uh, so for those of us who recently just top up (to 200k) for the recent $500 credit promotion (e.g. by placing 100k into an eSaver account), do we automatically qualify since the promotion period is from 1 April to 31 May?

assuming we receive the mailer :)

bro u only rec the $500 invite?
did u rec the exclusive one-year extension or new invite like bro Intel posted?

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro u only rec the $500 invite?
did u rec the exclusive one-year extension or new invite like bro Intel posted?

nope bro, I didn't receive that one-year extension because I didn't join the promotion last year...

so, hoping to hop on this promotion this time round.

but maybank iSavvy has outwitted eSaver everytime (for amounts less than 200k) so I've been switching back and forth eSaver and iSavvy every 2 months or so.

seems like this promotion does not have any other benefits, like cash credits. so, maybe not worth to park beyond July (when the 3-mth requirement for $500 credit ends).

your tots?

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how come i do not receive any invite at all? I am Priority member as well

I also priority customer but never receive $500 or any extension? Instead I received call saying wanted to meet me in person???

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
I do merry-go-round every few months like many bros here. Not a lot of money in SC.
Maybe they send this mailer to those who do not bank a lot with them to enlarge $ pool and keep the $ with them for a longer period.

Don't know if I have Priority banking. How to see if have Priority and what are the perks?

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do merry-go-round every few months like many bros here. Not a lot of money in SC.
Maybe they send this mailer to those who do not bank a lot with them to enlarge $ pool and keep the $ with them for a longer period.

Don't know if I have Priority banking. How to see if have Priority and what are the perks?

u said u do not have a lot in SC and u r wondering if u r in Priority banking :s11::s22:

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
u said u do not have a lot in SC and u r wondering if u r in Priority banking :s11::s22:

Yup, not much in SC.
Logically, not much in SC, so should not be in Priority banking.

Not in Priority banking, so should not receive this promo, unless they have different criteria for the customers they open this promo to.

Guessing they are looking at different customer profile now to extend reach.

Alwaysb

Reaction score
Scb called me to join priority but i rejected it thinking there is fall below fee.

Can anyone confirm, no fall below fee even i keep the account $0?

pinpinpin

Suspended
Reaction score
Scb called me to join priority but i rejected it thinking there is fall below fee.

Can anyone confirm, no fall below fee even i keep the account $0?

no fall below fee.

However, you should join them as priority banking with referral to earn the rewards.

Now they giving 100K miles to new to bank priority banking customer.

MultiSystemAtrophy

Reaction score

I got the mailer. I'm also priority member

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.