The Florence Residences

caymanS

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just wondering why isn’t there much discussion about this development.

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Untested developer, expensive, huge as f development, location is meh, layout not great

What's there to love? :)

pippo20

Master Member
Reaction score
The demand here soaked up by 100palms, affinity, riverfront and garden already. Still dare to price higher than riverfront, now buyers all price sensitive. Its slum area of hougang but they market it as kovan condo but buyers now are smart haha.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow 3-5% commission. No wonder the agents have become mad wolves, resorting to all kinds of tactics to convince prospective buyers. Buyers better be careful.

If Florence is overpriced, the same is for Affinity and Garden. Unless Serangoon north is better area than kovan-hougang, I’m not sure about this.

What do you think landed in that area? :o

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got money, of course is good to buy.

I am staying inside the Kovan cluster. But my place is non-landed.
Pretty liveable.

I am concern the landed inside the Kovan.:o I will explore there to expand my choice.:o

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Wow 3-5% commission. No wonder the agents have become mad wolves, resorting to all kinds of tactics to convince prospective buyers. Buyers better be careful.

If Florence is overpriced, the same is for Affinity and Garden. Unless Serangoon north is better area than kovan-hougang, I’m not sure about this.

Florence as far as I know is priced lower than affinity (with no mrt) and gardens (inside gardens but far from the regular haunts, also no mrt).

runforyourlife

Reaction score
I thought it’s pretty decent. Quite a fair bit of stuff in this project within e condo. Outside, mrt is not the nearest but that Hougang ave 2 stretch is not really a busy road, link up to cte tpe in a heart beat. I think suits ppl whom drive and no drive..

My noob calculations tell me that penthouse units with airspace (if u do loft), psf for 2BR can go below 1.3k.

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would base some comparisons to Kovan Regency, as that was my benchmark in considering Florence.

Shall be a devil's advocate in this post.

Unfortunately, not the best. Side gate walk is marketed at 8-10mins to Kovan. However, I did the walk and it is closer to 12-15mins. Not only is it unsheltered, the walk is uphill towards Kovan. Nonetheless, heading back home from Kovan will be easier when it is downhill and cooler in the evening.

The other side gate (towards HDB) has a provision shop 10 steps (literally) at the void deck of the HDB. If you continue through the HDBs and cross the overhead bridge, you reach the bus stop with 3 stops to Kovan. This will be your route to escape the rain/shine.

That being said, 2 years shuttle bus service will be provided to Kovan or Hougang. Not sure if it is a 'or' or 'and', although I hope they provide shuttles to both. Nonetheless, the shuttles will probably be full (depending how big the bus is) and will need to fight to get in. Frequency is expected to be every 30mins - do factor that in too.

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Front gate to Hougang mrt will be nearer I thought? Can cut through the landed
Oops my app hung - was just about to address this.

Still the same with 12ish mins walk. The reason is because it looks closer on the map geographically. The walk to Kovan, you are not crossing any busy roads with traffic lights (only the small road at kovan close in front of kovan regency and the small road at simon road beside kovan residences). To get to Hougang, you have to cross hougang avenue 2 and the next road after at the junction of hougang stadium, these traffic lights will increase your travel time.

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unit mix is interesting too.

Noticed that ~65% is designated as 1BR and 2BR (inc. 2 + study). Only 35% is 3/4/5BR. 3BR has the most units.

The other interesting observation is the maintenance fee. 2BR (smallest) to 3BR compact are all the same at $240. Which also means purely from this perspective, there is more value to 3BR. Some 3BR premium configs are also being charged $240.

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm but the issue is Kovan mrt during rush hour is almost impossible to enter
Totally agree as I face it daily. The front of the train is easier to enter than the end of the train due to the mix of residents using each of the MRT's entrance. Entrance at heartland mall serves the HDB crowd while that at kovan residence serves the landed/condo crowd.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.