View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #1230
duckmite

CPF MA/SA/RA are going to stay ahead of inflation in all likelihood. They’re certainly designed to do that.
I notice you've omitted OA. Slightly concerning and something to keep in mind.

Regarding the Diversity Visa Lottery, it's not gonna be around much longer if Messieurs Trump and Miller have their way!

You can be more conservative, more risk averse than other savers/investors if you wish. Just allocate a lower percentage of your total wealth than the “textbook” advises to a couple low cost stock index funds, and save monthly/bimonthly/quarterly (depending on the cost) accordingly. You’ll then likely end up with an “in between” result: something between the “textbook” forecast and barely ahead of inflation.

Depending on which “textbook” you pick the generic advice is 80% or 69%. You’re currently at zero. So pick a lower percentage if you want to be more conservative. Right now you’re really, really, really, even more conservative.

For long-term investing into low cost stock index funds you don’t even look at it for years and decades, except very occasionally to make sure your regular, dogged savings are being credited properly. It’s all very mechanical and as automated as you can make it.
I'll do my homework and try to figure out an investment strategy I can live with. Thanks!
duckmite is offline   Reply With Quote