Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore (World Dream)

dolphluver85

Reaction score
Hi has anyone tried the shore excursion by Genting dreams to penang? I’m thinking of booking the shore excursion- is it advisable? Or free and easy preferred? First time bringing two young kids to Penang

kia0042

Reaction score
Hi has anyone tried the shore excursion by Genting dreams to penang? I’m thinking of booking the shore excursion- is it advisable? Or free and easy preferred? First time bringing two young kids to Penang

The shore excursion is expensive which I think not worth to sign up. 3 persons easily SGD300 over dollars.
I heard people are using Grab to explore Penang, me myself not very good in using grab so took taxi during my last trip. Hired 3hrs taxi and paid RM150, 4 of us shared and visited a few attraction spots.
This coming trip, I got lobang from one of the brother here and booked a Hyundai Starex to ferry 7 of us for 4hrs for less than a SGD100. I think it is going to be fun trip.:s12:

dolphluver85

Reaction score
One more fine point. If you book on board the ship you get $75 on onboard spending credit or what GD call bounce back. So if you have friends or relative going earlier you can get them to book on board for you.

SGD.

Hi can I clarify, book what? How to get the gd bounce back?

dolphluver85

Reaction score
[ah ok thank you.
The ship reaches penang at 1 pm, what time do we get back to the ship if shore excursion? Worried no more meals by the time we are back

QUOTE=kia0042;120792211]The shore excursion is expensive which I think not worth to sign up. 3 persons easily SGD300 over dollars.
I heard people are using Grab to explore Penang, me myself not very good in using grab so took taxi during my last trip. Hired 3hrs taxi and paid RM150, 4 of us shared and visited a few attraction spots.
This coming trip, I got lobang from one of the brother here and booked a Hyundai Starex to ferry 7 of us for 4hrs for less than a SGD100. I think it is going to be fun trip.:s12:[/QUOTE]

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
[ah ok thank you.
The ship reaches penang at 1 pm, what time do we get back to the ship if shore excursion? Worried no more meals by the time we are back

depending on which shore excursion you sign up...they all have different duration time

kia0042

Reaction score
[ah ok thank you.

If you sign up the shore excursion, you don't have to worry about the timing. But if you go free and easy, the ship schedule to leave port at 22H30, it is better to be back onboard by 21H00.
As for the meal serve onboard, dinner is till 21H30 and followed by light meal such as pizza and fries after 10PM, almost 24hrs have food supply.

kia0042

Reaction score
Trip report with my slot tournament experience.

Yap, I was already out from the preliminary round.:s13:
Firstly I need to collect the slot tournament entry ticket at the small counter located at level 6 ( not the membership counter but the one hidden behind). before 4:30PM on 17 May.
I've got my ticket and assigned to my most hated game - Dragon of the Eastern Ocean, sigh~~~~
Game rule, min bet $8.80 per spin, $600 (own pocket money) and played for 10 mins. I hit the free spin within 30 spins, rewarded a total of 58 free spins and guess how much it paid out? Not even $350, wth! However, I was glad that my initial $600 capital remained, still made a tiny profit of $15.=:p
The top prize was $68k, 2nd $38k and 3rd $12.5k, 4-10th were $7k, and 11-20th was $5k, 21-36th $2k, and 84 consolation prizes with $1k. About 300+ participants and over 100 prizes and yet I've got nothing :s13:
Well, that's my experience, there is another slot tournament on 26/7, yes, I will participate again, it was fun and hopefully I don't assign to Dragon of the Eastern Ocean again.

In Penang, it was all about eat and shop. I got a contact from a brother here and hired a private MPV, 7 out us enjoyed thru out the trip with the driver aka a tour guide whoi brought us to some local food stalls and native product shops, happened to met 2 old suppliers in the shops and received some freebies.... :o
1VL7sB6.jpg

WjvTyi3.jpg

ksFjcUS.jpg

FRQmJKk.jpg

In Langkawi, I overslept again and I missed out all the fun my kakis had, speedboat and walkthru the mangrove. Damnit, I swear I am not going to oversleep again.

klchua78

Reaction score

Firstly I need to collect the slot tournament entry ticket at the small counter located at level 6 ( not the membership counter but the one hidden behind). before 4:30PM on 17 May.
I've got my ticket and assigned to my most hated game - Dragon of the Eastern Ocean, sigh~~~~
Game rule, min bet $8.80 per spin, $600 (own pocket money) and played for 10 mins. I hit the free spin within 30 spins, rewarded a total of 58 free spins and guess how much it paid out? Not even $350, wth! However, I was glad that my initial $600 capital remained, still made a tiny profit of $15.=:p
The top prize was $68k, 2nd $38k and 3rd $12.5k, 4-10th were $7k, and 11-20th was $5k, 21-36th $2k, and 84 consolation prizes with $1k. About 300+ participants and over 100 prizes and yet I've got nothing :s13:
Well, that's my experience, there is another slot tournament on 26/7, yes, I will participate again, it was fun and hopefully I don't assign to Dragon of the Eastern Ocean again.

In Penang, it was all about eat and shop. I got a contact from a brother here and hired a private MPV, 7 out us enjoyed thru out the trip with the driver aka a tour guide whoi brought us to some local food stalls and native product shops, happened to met 2 old suppliers in the shops and received some freebies.... :o

In Langkawi, I overslept again and I missed out all the fun my kakis had, speedboat and walkthru the mangrove. Damnit, I swear I am not going to oversleep again.

What is the criteria for being invited to the slot tournament? Held silver and gold card before but never got once invited to the event.

kia0042

Reaction score
What is the criteria for being invited to the slot tournament? Held silver and gold card before but never got once invited to the event.

I do not know how GD judges. I saw many gold card holders, and even saw a silver card holder invited to the slot tournament last week. I have waited for a very long time to be invited. Not all members like to join the tournament, many times, those who want to join but not invited and those invited have no interest to join, sigh~~

Ling3318

Reaction score
If you sign up the shore excursion, you don't have to worry about the timing. But if you go free and easy, the ship schedule to leave port at 22H30, it is better to be back onboard by 21H00.
As for the meal serve onboard, dinner is till 21H30 and followed by light meal such as pizza and fries after 10PM, almost 24hrs have food supply.

Hi Bro Kia, can share the contact nos of the Penang private driver ? What is the fare? I'm going in June ��

Last edited:

lilycll

Reaction score

I remember the very first time I joined the tournament was onboard Virgo where the game machine played has feature game about horse racing again other players.

Later joined onboard Gemini as well and was playing DFDC. Prelimanary round was like SGD200 (low end with lower prize pool about SGD32 or 68k) or SGD400 (high end with bigger pool up to about SGD172k think first prize SGD40k or 50k) capital and betting 2 x 88cr 2cts or $3.76. 2nd and Final rounds were betting 3x but only managed to get in 2nd round once. Once there was someone who got the Major Jackpot during the game and top the round to go to next round.

I believe the game played should be of same maker to be fair for all at the Red Lion which is Aristocrat Good Fortune. But this game has at least 5 variants and one of the them is Dragon of the Eastern Ocean (with many crabs and dragons) played by you.

The way they set the rule to start at SGD600 and play at 2 x 88cr 5cts or $8.80 seems to be on high side for many. Probably that's the reason why many were invited but turned down. But for 120 prizes look attractive to many.

Last edited:

lilycll

Reaction score

Just try to call their hotline to enquire maybe someome will get back to you and invite you.

lilycll

Reaction score
Hi can I clarify, book what? How to get the gd bounce back?

GD has a booking counter onboard at Deck 6 at a corner of those Frontdesk area. You can book your next cruise onboard to entitle to some discount or bounce back. This is similar to RCCL.

playplay

Reaction score
Yes. All removed for Silver member. Not sure about gold member but i heard 1 of my friend husband holding gold card still manage to make a booking.com days ago for June departure. Called customer service, they are aware all silver complimentary room removed, and they say try to check again in June for the next promotion.

kia0042

Reaction score
I think they are changing the system again. Let's wait and see.
My online login also no free room from now till Nov.
Btw, Dec schedule haven't out, have been waiting for quite some times.

Vincent66

Reaction score
Yes. All removed for Silver member. Not sure about gold member but i heard 1 of my friend husband holding gold card still manage to make a booking.com days ago for June departure. Called customer service, they are aware all silver complimentary room removed, and they say try to check again in June for the next promotion.

Gold also same.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.