SBF - November 2018

ShoyaBun

Reaction score
Hi, noted that there was a change in rules which buyers can now buy sales of balance flats without having the need to wait for the annual SOB sales exercise.

However, after monitoring the HDB website for months, the SOB does not seems to increase/decrease?

Am i looking at the wrong place, or is there something I did not notice?
Hope someone can advice me on this. Thanks

hoshi5

Reaction score
That was supposedly my option too but it got booked right before me! :( I even managed to befriend the neighbour and got a house tour haha but it's okay. not my luck! Got myself a unit at West Ridges instead so will just have to work with the weird layout. My only consolation is it's spacious corridor area. 6 units per floor not too cramp or far from lift.
You got West Ridge? Ya, the layout very weird right? I'm also having problem with the additional one room at the living room.... How are you going to reno? Any lobang?

terrorblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, noted that there was a change in rules which buyers can now buy sales of balance flats without having the need to wait for the annual SOB sales exercise.

However, after monitoring the HDB website for months, the SOB does not seems to increase/decrease?

That's Reoffer of Balance Flat. Not Sale of Balance Flat. That hasn't started and will start middle of this year. https://www.gov.sg/news/content/today-online---unsold-hdb-flats-to-be-offered-all-year-round

jericho75

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

that one is return of balance flats. sell liao still kenna return. :s13:

Weeli85

Reaction score
If got Canberra available, definitely will choose. If only left with the other part of sembawang, then no choice. Probably won't be fussy as waiting time is so long. You?

Don't think Canberra area is good, house to house very near can actually see each other , not much shop also and soon will be very crowded. Although have a Canberra mall but I hear the mall is smaller than sun plaza.. I think a lot people is monkey see monkey do maybe due to new estate or the name Canberra name is nicer ... Some more the highest floor is 13 level. I only know block 105 have giant sheng siong nothing much also hmmmmm...

Smallestkid123

Reaction score
Don't think Canberra area is good, house to house very near can actually see each other , not much shop also and soon will be very crowded. Although have a Canberra mall but I hear the mall is smaller than sun plaza.. I think a lot people is monkey see monkey do maybe due to new estate or the name Canberra name is nicer ... Some more the highest floor is 13 level. I only know block 105 have giant sheng siong nothing much also hmmmmm...

I Guess maybe it’s the cheapest among all the estate. You also choosing for canberra houses?

Weeli85

Reaction score
I Guess maybe it’s the cheapest among all the estate. You also choosing for canberra houses?

Me is 2017 Nov SBF, starting I plan to choose Canberra but only left low level unit, so I target on Sembawang, after I stay few month, all the shop open and coffee shop is 24 hrs just mins away from my house.. No regret get sembawang and the location no crowded also, night time very silent...

Both Canberra and Sembawang price is almost similar. Maybe Canberra name is from Australia so people mislead they stay at Australia 😆😆😆

Last edited:

Faithintomorrow

Reaction score
Those sembawang people, did ur apply 4/5room?
I realised ald left all lvl2/3 now.. 😭

Me is 2017 Nov SBF, starting I plan to choose Canberra but only left low level unit, so I target on Sembawang, after I stay few month, all the shop open and coffee shop is 24 hrs just mins away from my house.. No regret get sembawang and the location no crowded also, night time very silent...

Both Canberra and Sembawang price is almost similar. Maybe Canberra name is from Australia so people mislead they stay at Australia 😆😆😆

Weeli85

Reaction score
Those sembawang people, did ur apply 4/5room?
I realised ald left all lvl2/3 now.. 😭

Sembawang got 2 location, breeze and natura... breeze house look nice but the surrounding not much thing, somemore opposite is a nursing home and sec school, bus stop need to walk a distance.

sianhalf

Reaction score
Sembawang got 2 location, breeze and natura... breeze house look nice but the surrounding not much thing, somemore opposite is a nursing home and sec school, bus stop need to walk a distance.

natura is better? what are the shops around?
between natura and breeze, which is nearer to mrt?

terrorblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bukit Batok 5 Room Selection Available Units

West Scape
432A #07-1507 14 May
432A #17-1501 14 May

433C #12-1525
433C #14-1525

West Edge
435C #02-964
437A #13-916
439B #02-967
439C #10-947 16 May

West Ridges
440D #05-757
442A #12-871 13 May
442B #08-857 14 May
442C #06-837 16 May
443C #09-791 14 May

West Crest
446A #02-403
446A #05-411 14 May

West Terra
451B #02-685
452A #03-739
452A #06-731 16 May
453A #06-745 15 May

West Plains
467B #02-539

Last Queue Number invited for selection of a 5-Room flat in Bukit Batok under the November 2018 SBF exercise as at 16 May 2019 00064

Last edited:

Smallestkid123

Reaction score

Are you referring to block 300 plus one? There are a few units available under this sbf

Dracaryss

Reaction score
I'm looking at Bayview, Northshore and Waterway unit... will see what's available by then. My selection appt is next week. How about you?

blastnova

Reaction score
I'm looking at Bayview, Northshore and Waterway unit... will see what's available by then. My selection appt is next week. How about you?

Looking at waterway key available units.. looking at the takeup rate dunno those units can last till my appointment date at 7 Jun anot.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.