Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I clarify?

You signed up with Singtel TV without Singtel BB but you have no wireless option for your 2nd STB in the room because of that?

Is that right?

yes. I can't use bridge coz I did not sub for their internet

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
subscribe for F when I have a better internet provider?

same reason we jumped from starhub to singtel.

starhub need pay if don't use their internet. Singtel no need internet to sub to TV that's why we chose them

Which better internet provider?

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Yes darkmatt is right, you can sign up for Singtel TV as a standalone service, without Singtel fibre broadband, without paying a $15.00 fibre link access fee.

Anyone who is interested to have our sales colleagues contact you with an offer for consideration can PM us your name and contact number, and we will be in touch.

We are glad to have helped a number of users on this thread receive and sign up for Singtel TV and fibre.

Thanks.

subscribe for F when I have a better internet provider?

same reason we jumped from starhub to singtel.

starhub need pay if don't use their internet. Singtel no need internet to sub to TV that's why we chose them

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Yes darkmatt is right, you can sign up for Singtel TV as a standalone service, without Singtel fibre broadband, without paying a $15.00 fibre link access fee.

Anyone who is interested to have our sales colleagues contact you with an offer for consideration can PM us your name and contact number, and we will be in touch.

We are glad to have helped a number of users on this thread receive and sign up for Singtel TV and fibre.

Thanks.

Earlier some people are asking whether Singtel can allow non-singtel user to sign up Singtel cast.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

What about customers who want wireless bridge solution for their 2nd STB in the rooms?

Pls confirm that wireless bridge will only be an option for customers who signed up for Singtel BB too and not as an option for those who just signed up Singtel TV as a standalone service.

If this is indeed the case, pls highlight this to your potential customers.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SH technician coming down to my place to do the fibre installation tomorrow. Currently my PC mobo dont have wifi so i am thinking of getting an external usb wifi adapter. Any recommendations on which brands or models are good for 1gb fibre bb? Dont need to maximize speeds but more importantly i want connection to be stable. Should i go for ac1900 adapters or would ac1300 suffice?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SH technician coming down to my place to do the fibre installation tomorrow. Currently my PC mobo dont have wifi so i am thinking of getting an external usb wifi adapter. Any recommendations on which brands or models are good for 1gb fibre bb? Dont need to maximize speeds but more importantly i want connection to be stable. Should i go for ac1900 adapters or would ac1300 suffice?

AC1300 should be good enough.

I use a AC1900 T9UH from TP-Link and it is not bad. They have AC1300 model as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/sg/home-networking/adapter/

D-Link is another option.

Asus brand is more expensive.

Last edited:

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Henry Ng,

We noted the discussion and have passed the feedback on to our CAST team.

As a start, the Sports Plus pack on CAST which offers complete and live coverage of the Premier League has been made available to non-Singtel customers with credit and debit card billing.

Our Sport Plus pack will continue to be available at the same price of $49.90 monthly when the next season of the Premier League kicks off in August.

We will be looking to progressively bring more CAST packs to non-Singtel customers. This is however, subject to content rights being available to us.

We appreciate the feedback and thank you for your patience, as we work towards delivering more and better content over various platforms.

Earlier some people are asking whether Singtel can allow non-singtel user to sign up Singtel cast.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AC1300 should be good enough.

I use a AC1900 T9UH from TP-Link and it is not bad. They have AC1300 model as well.
https://www.tp-link.com/sg/home-networking/adapter/

D-Link is another option.

Asus brand is more expensive.

You are right. I went down sim lim to have a look. The only ac1900 usb wifi adapter available are the 3 you mentioned above.

The Dlink is quite an old model. Asked a few shops and they all no longer stocking it. The asus model is super expensive costing around $110. Ended up buying the TP link T9UH for $61. The ac1300 model is only cheaper by $6, so might as well get the ac1900 one.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are right. I went down sim lim to have a look. The only ac1900 usb wifi adapter available are the 3 you mentioned above.

The Dlink is quite an old model. Asked a few shops and they all no longer stocking it. The asus model is super expensive costing around $110. Ended up buying the TP link T9UH for $61. The ac1300 model is only cheaper by $6, so might as well get the ac1900 one.

AC1900 is good enough.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently Starhub have a promotion to waive the access link charge for standalone TV.

Sgtrad

Reaction score
last week I went to cancel my starhub cable TV after subscribed for 8 years. the service staff CANCELLED my mobile number together with TV ! after few days finally went to Starhub and found out the problem. called 1633 on Sat and till today no one call back !!! called 1633 again and the guy push to back room. asked him to put to customer service manager or back room manager to no avail just said some one will call me back 24-48 hours. side note I was vrry frustrated they wanted me to return the 8 years old set top box , why would they still want that box? to Re-con and give to new subscribers ? i had to run down twice because missed out one remote and one power plug. I think after 5 years they should just let me keep and throw that junk box away. let's see how fast someone call me back. anyone know Chris Lipman email or phone so i can complain to him ?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last week I went to cancel my starhub cable TV after subscribed for 8 years. the service staff CANCELLED my mobile number together with TV ! after few days finally went to Starhub and found out the problem. called 1633 on Sat and till today no one call back !!! called 1633 again and the guy push to back room. asked him to put to customer service manager or back room manager to no avail just said some one will call me back 24-48 hours. side note I was vrry frustrated they wanted me to return the 8 years old set top box , why would they still want that box? to Re-con and give to new subscribers ? i had to run down twice because missed out one remote and one power plug. I think after 5 years they should just let me keep and throw that junk box away. let's see how fast someone call me back. anyone know Chris Lipman email or phone so i can complain to him ?

Not sure if this gives you some comfort, I paid S$21.4 for losing the power supply adapter for the 6.5 year old ONT when I did one to one exchange last year. The power adapter was faulty early on and I used my own better power adapter. I offered to turn in my own adapter. But they just wanted the exact adapter back as per the SOP.

Luckily I had the remote and power supply adapter for my 6.5 year old Mio TV box when I did the one to one exchange along with the ONT.

Complained but no use. They guys were sympathetic but could not help...

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Recently Starhub have a promotion to waive the access link charge for standalone TV.

I signed up the asian entertainment pass for 24 months with zero access link and got a $50 Robinson voucher too

Sgtrad

Reaction score
Not sure if this gives you some comfort, I paid S$21.4 for losing the power supply adapter for the 6.5 year old ONT when I did one to one exchange last year. The power adapter was faulty early on and I used my own better power adapter. I offered to turn in my own adapter. But they just wanted the exact adapter back as per the SOP.

Luckily I had the remote and power supply adapter for my 6.5 year old Mio TV box when I did the one to one exchange along with the ONT.

Complained but no use. They guys were sympathetic but could not help...

yup I was quite fed up they insisted on returning the remote and plug as i ask what if i pay for remote and the guy said that will be $80 ?! for a 8 years old remote ?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yup I was quite fed up they insisted on returning the remote and plug as i ask what if i pay for remote and the guy said that will be $80 ?! for a 8 years old remote ?

Carousell got many people sell remote

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That is their rule, even for upgrade from cable TV to Fibre TV, they take away every thing for the cable TV and then they take out their Fibre TV thing to install.

odyas

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks.

Do you have tvb from singtel TV?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.