Thread: Android TV Box
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 11:30 AM   #1928
xiaofan
Master Member

thanks for advice.

I already have another active antenna but it doesnt help much.

Yes, i am considering mibox as well. Have checked with the seller on qoo10 but there is no stock. I don't mind getting a cheap no brand box or mibox to play around as I have some spare time now. solving some hiccups along the way is ok as I had been playing with comps, phones and other gadgets in the past
For MediaCorp Channels, not so sure why your active antenna does not work. Maybe it is the problem with the built-in DVB-T2 Tuner. Buying an external DVB-T2 Tuner box may help.

If purely for that purpose the official app is Toggle and the best option is to cast from Phone.

Is your TV Sony/Sharp Android TV, if yes then you can try cast from phone. If not the easiest option is to get a Google Chrome Dongle. I have used Toggle with my first gen Chromecast dongle and it works fine.

Mi Box S has also built-in Chromecast function, but some users report issues with the Toggle app.

Take note you will not be able to install Toggle on official Android TV OS device.

My Tanix TX5 Max can run Toggle now but there is no guarantee it will run in the future. Toggle may detect rooted box and refuse to run on rooted box. Same for the H96 Max X2.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote