Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksksksks

Reaction score
It works for me.
Am sub to hbo and Netflix.
Is the smart things dongle worth getting? :s12:

Hi sorry guys can i check is geforce now game streaming service working in Singapore? I heard they used to but not sure about now. Thot of Getting my shield tv tmr

twist_shout

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, can i ask anyone facing high ping when testing Geforce Now?

i am on singtel 1Gbps plan and Wired Connection to Asus AC88 router.

i am getting 200+ ping. is it due to the servers im connected to?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it works...sort of... but there are latency that makes high action based games quite difficult to play.

Hi, can i ask anyone facing high ping when testing Geforce Now?

i am on singtel 1Gbps plan and Wired Connection to Asus AC88 router.

i am getting 200+ ping. is it due to the servers im connected to?

already mentioned before

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

wacanbosi

Reaction score
What game are u playing?

If you going for 2 controllers setup, you can opt for another nvidia controller. When playing local co-op games, your partner cant say its the controller's fault for losing the game. Lol.

The nvidia thunderstrike gamepad is not cheap in my opinion but if you have the spare cash and will use google assistant button on the controller often, then the nvidia gamepad will be a good choice.

The PS4 controller is good alternative controller for lesser the price.

I own 3 sets of nvidia thunderstrike gamepads, 2 pair of PS4 gamepads and 3 other generic bluetooth gamepads for group gaming. Most of the time, everyone will fight for the nvidia gamepad, 😆

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
how else are you guys maximising your ShieldTV
got busy and never really used it to replace my StarHub but I think I really should.

how are you guys using KODI

alwaysbehind

Reaction score
just bought today, waiting for it to arrive.

if to playback 4k mkv from external hdd. it can auto play with internal player or still need to install apps like kodi/plex etc.?

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just bought today, waiting for it to arrive.

if to playback 4k mkv from external hdd. it can auto play with internal player or still need to install apps like kodi/plex etc.?

I dun remember it playing them natively.
I installed app to play

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kodi / Plex both works well. Plex has a nicer user interface and easier to set up. But Kodi interface is much faster. If you have subtitles + 4k, kodi is less fussy and problematic. Had a lot of problems with plex + 4k + subtitles that i never managed to resolve.

alwaysbehind

Reaction score
Kodi / Plex both works well. Plex has a nicer user interface and easier to set up. But Kodi interface is much faster. If you have subtitles + 4k, kodi is less fussy and problematic. Had a lot of problems with plex + 4k + subtitles that i never managed to resolve.

when u said subtitles, is external or embedded that gives problem with plex.

I am using VLC

Kodi will probably do a better job

thanks.

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when u said subtitles, is external or embedded that gives problem with plex.
External. Not for all sources. Some external subs are ok. Plex works good for most things. But if i have some issue i'll use kodi. It's fuss-free and works easily. Kodi plays native bluray iso files also.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using Emby with open subtitles plugin + other boxset/trailer/fanart plugins.. if emby got problem then switch to Kodi..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
external sub only started giving problems recently. and it is not happening to all. :s22:

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jialat sia....my remote controller gone missing....then the game controller a bit haywire... keep moving left or up by itself...

ichitaka_10

Reaction score
Hi guys have 2 questions hope you all can help.

1) can viu app be installed on nvidia shield tv? Heard that some mobile phone apps dont work on shield tv? And I think viu app is mobile version in the android playstore.

2) Which nvidia shield tv is the latest one? Read that the newest version seems to be 2017 with an nvidia shield pro being the latest. Saw lazada ppl selling 2019 version which seems like the 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.