HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wonder how hsbc determine if a grabtaxi txn is a topup or no, or they blanket approach and exclude everything grab?

shengliang1981

Reaction score
Yes, tried and counted. It's not a digital wallet as money is not stored there, unlike Grabpay.

Thanks for confirming. Nowadays im very scared whenever i see transaction description with the word 'PAY' in it. :D

I think the transaction description used to be FAVECOM but changed to FAVEPAY some time early this year.

BigJay

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming. Nowadays im very scared whenever i see transaction description with the word 'PAY' in it. :D

I think the transaction description used to be FAVECOM but changed to FAVEPAY some time early this year.

Can understand. I am also wondering if Caroupay is legit as I use it in Mar and interest only in late May. Read high and low, very sure it's not a digital wallet.

I think Favepay is the one where one scans the QR code of stalls (eg Subway, Koi) to pay whereas Favecom is the one where one buys deals in Fave app.

beautyseek

Reaction score
If i transfer $ out of my premier to stanchart and then immediately transfer the same $ back to my premier, will this count as fresh fund? Do i have to transfer fr stanchart to another bank say maybank then use maybank to transf back to hsbc? So much hassle.

I am thinking to do above becos i stupidly transferred
fr my hsbc joint to my hsbc indv (when i enrolled for new cycle beginning of May) and forgot that it must be fresh funds top up to enjoy bonus interest. When i realised, 2 weeks have passed. So now trying to salvage by transferring out to another bank and then moving back.

Will this work?

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i transfer $ out of my premier to stanchart and then immediately transfer the same $ back to my premier, will this count as fresh fund? Do i have to transfer fr stanchart to another bank say maybank then use maybank to transf back to hsbc? So much hassle.

fr my hsbc joint to my hsbc indv (when i enrolled for new cycle beginning of May) and forgot that it must be fresh funds top up to enjoy bonus interest. When i realised, 2 weeks have passed. So now trying to salvage by transferring out to another bank and then moving back.

Will this work?

I think it may be better to forgo this cycle, move funds to others ... & rejoin new cycle when ADB is cleared.

You did not sign up for the roadshow gift, did you ?

shengliang1981

Reaction score
Any idea if use HSBC debit card for SimplyGo from 6 June, will it be counted towards the minimum spend? Technically it should be counted as it's not digital wallet right?

shengliang1981

Reaction score

Will this work?

Did you sign up for the roadshow gift? If so, I believe the HSBC staff should have already verified your source of funds before giving out the roadshow gift. Best to call HSBC to verify first.

devion

Reaction score
Really Fxxx bank. I was charged for FX fees for worldwide xfer done a month ago. I saw that HSBC stated no fees for WW FX till Sep 19.
Called CSO & say he needs a day to check & get back to me. Already 2 days, never received call.
End up send msg to them via online.
Few times called CSO to check on bank transactions, bonus interest, everytime CSO cannot resolve on the spot, say will refer to another dept & call me back in next few days. Really lousy customer service....CSO cannot handle on the spot.
Other banks much more efficient in handling customer issues/queries.

shengliang1981

Reaction score
Really Fxxx bank. I was charged for FX fees for worldwide xfer done a month ago. I saw that HSBC stated no fees for WW FX till Sep 19.
Called CSO & say he needs a day to check & get back to me. Already 2 days, never received call.
End up send msg to them via online.
Few times called CSO to check on bank transactions, bonus interest, everytime CSO cannot resolve on the spot, say will refer to another dept & call me back in next few days. Really lousy customer service....CSO cannot handle on the spot.
Other banks much more efficient in handling customer issues/queries.

How much did you get charged for? I think the fee waiver applies to premier account only and exclude intermediary and beneficiary bank charges. For advance account, there will be $10 charges from HSBC.

BigJay

Reaction score
It shld be eligible per the T&C.

exclude "transactions involving any pre-paid card and/or digital wallet top-ups, including but not limited to EZ-link, Transitlink or NETS FlashPay"

Grey area. SimplyGo is neither pre-paid card or digital wallet. But is it related to Transitlink?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
exclude "transactions involving any pre-paid card and/or digital wallet top-ups, including but not limited to EZ-link, Transitlink or NETS FlashPay"

Grey area. SimplyGo is neither pre-paid card or digital wallet. But is it related to Transitlink?

For other CC, the ABT/SimplyGo transaction description is "BUS/MRT XXXXXX SINGAPORE SG"

Think have strong case to argue it is not top-up related & a genuine Visa transaction.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone recv bonus interest for $800 debit spend for march? or have to wait till end may..

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score

I called them earlier for ez-reload and they said excluded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.