Hyflux 6% Perpetual Securities

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah I also star in avengers .

Exciting ...haha.

Already said moving on doesn't mean not doing anything. Moving on means not affected by it,not sad, not depressed, life is still good.

Get it.

To the one who posted and help me market my blog , your moving on means?

Moving on means looking for the next investment opportunity outside of Hyflux as my whole life cannot revolve around Hyflux...

If you are no longer affected by it, you wouldn't care about getting anything from Hyflux...The fact that you set up a legal group chat, still expecting 100% capital plus accumulated interest is the very definition of not moving on as you are still being hold back by Hyflux or that all your decisions revolve around Hyflux...

If you are affected by any news with regards to Hyflux be it an "exciting" or you have any other emotions be it anger or happiness, it just proof that you have not moved on...

sgdividends

Reaction score
Moving on means looking for the next investment opportunity outside of Hyflux as my whole life cannot revolve around Hyflux...

If you are no longer affected by it, you wouldn't care about getting anything from Hyflux...The fact that you set up a legal group chat, still expecting 100% capital plus accumulated interest is the very definition of not moving on as you are still being hold back by Hyflux or that all your decisions revolve around Hyflux...

If you are affected by any news with regards to Hyflux be it an "exciting" or you have any other emotions be it anger or happiness, it just proof that you have not moved on...

Ok so I know your moving on means what.

U didn't invest yet write so much means what ?

Last edited:

boyinhersense

Master Member
Reaction score
Sgdividenda and Alex Alex fellow in the Telegram group are delusional.

Hyflux got $1.8bn in liabilities and that’s excluding the $900m in notes/perps.

Even if TS could be sold at the original fictitious book value, there is nothing left for the notes/perps after paying off the senior creditors.

Expecting 100% return on capital? SMH

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok so I know your moving on means what.

U didn't invest yet write so much means what ?

I write for the entertainment that you and the other investors provide...If you already move on, I got nothing else to screenshot and upload over here...The fact that you spam the group chat daily with the google docs link to get people to join on your crusade speaks volume of your "moving on"...

Let's be honest here, if your investment in Hyflux is only one percent of what you had invested, would you write off the losses or still go on a daily tirade to seek legal actions to get back 100% capital plus all accumulated interest? Do you go to this much length to recover back 100% plus all accumulated interest on your investment losses? What if your exposure to Hyflux constitutes less than 1% of your investment portfolio?

You are the creator and the admin of the Telegram chat...If I had quoted any other people who posted on there, you might use the excuse that the ridiculous posting are made by trolls to derail the chat...I now try to only post the posts made by the Admins in the group chat so that you or anyone in the Telegram chat could not use the "trolls" in the group chat as an excuse for any of the post quoted here...Frankly, you and the other Admins do provide a lot of entertainment value...

Do keep up posting on the Telegram chat to provide entertainment value for us... Sometimes when I feel bored and needed a good laugh, I just pop by to read the comments there and I am not disappointed...

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for the entertainment...

Maybe you should try being consistent on how you try to paint yourself here and the Telegram chat and see for yourself whether any of your investing peers here supported any of your views here...

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sgdividenda and Alex Alex fellow in the Telegram group are delusional.

Hyflux got $1.8bn in liabilities and that’s excluding the $900m in notes/perps.

Even if TS could be sold at the original fictitious book value, there is nothing left for the notes/perps after paying off the senior creditors.

Expecting 100% return on capital? SMH

Initially they were unhappy with PUB taking over at $0...When Maybank wanted to take over the Power Plant, they were quite happy to give the Power Plant to Maybank so that Hyflux could write off the $500+m in loans to Maybank for taking the Power Plant...Now they are back to being angry at PUB for not delaying taking over the desalination plant...They flip-flop on their stance so much that I wonder if they really know what they want other than 100% capital recovery plus accumulated interest...

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I’ve held shares in three companies that went bankrupt, and the shares became (and are) worthless — a total wipeout.(*) In one of those cases the shares were a gift, and I received a few dividends, so I came out ahead. In the other two cases I received a few dividends but came out very much behind. In all three cases the positions were extremely small relative to total household wealth. I never should have bought the two companies’ shares because individual company investing is generally quite dumb.

You learn, and you move on, that’s all.

(*) As a U.S. person I got to take capital losses, which offset capital gains tax. There’s an annual limit to capital losses, but I was able to take the full losses for the non-gift shares since they were such small positions. I guess that’s something. Hyflux investors who are U.S. persons or who live in practically any country with a capital gains tax would very much appreciate a definitive resolution, notably liquidation, because they would then be able to take the capital losses. A “zombie” company is not helpful to them, because (ordinarily) the capital loss tax rule requires an actual, realized loss. The sooner reality is properly documented for the tax authorities, the better. Institutional shareholders often have greater tax-related flexibility to do partial write-offs for tax purposes, but individual investors ordinarily don’t. Maybe these investors can sell their bonds/notes on the secondary market in order to realize their losses, but shareholders cannot since trading has been halted. This is the worst of all possible worlds, really. They’re sitting on huge but unrealized losses, no way to close out their positions to realize the losses, and no prospect of ever getting any other result except a big loss. Does anybody have any sympathy for their plight?

Last edited:

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I’ve held shares in three companies that went bankrupt, and the shares became (and are) worthless — a total wipeout.(*) In one of those cases the shares were a gift, and I received a few dividends, so I came out ahead. In the other two cases I received a few dividends but came out very much behind. In all three cases the positions were extremely small relative to total household wealth. I never should have bought the two companies’ shares because individual company investing is generally quite dumb.

(*) As a U.S. person I got to take capital losses, which offset capital gains tax. There’s an annual limit to capital losses, but I was able to take the full losses for the non-gift shares since they were such small positions. I guess that’s something. Hyflux investors who are U.S. persons or who live in practically any country with a capital gains tax would very much appreciate a definitive resolution, notably liquidation, because they would then be able to take the capital losses. A “zombie” company is not helpful to them, because (ordinarily) the capital loss tax rule requires an actual, realized loss. The sooner reality is properly documented for the tax authorities, the better. Institutional shareholders often have greater tax-related flexibility to do partial write-offs for tax purposes, but individual investors ordinarily don’t. Maybe these investors can sell their bonds/notes on the secondary market in order to realize their losses, but shareholders cannot since trading has been halted. This is the worst of all possible worlds, really. They’re sitting on huge but unrealized losses, no way to close out their positions to realize the losses, and no prospect of ever getting any other result except a big loss. Does anybody have any sympathy for their plight?

Like I said previously, I felt sympathetic with their losses in the first place...But when they start blaming so many people for their own investment decision including demanding a bailout as everyone have a "moral obligation" to help them recover 100% plus all accumulated interest, it just means that they cannot accept their losses and move on with their life...Those who had already moved on deserve all the sympathy for their losses and I feel them...Those who insist on 100% recovery plus all accumulated interest, I treat them as an entertainment source for the occasional laughter...I am not laughing at their losses but at the absurd posting that they post in the chat group...If you join the group and you see how people got banned for posting something that do not agree with their views, maybe you would know why people keep posting their chat here to share the real views of those vested...

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
being a PnP investor myself, getting 100% + 6% back is delusional based on state of balance sheet and seniority of claims. It will be fortunate to get anything in region of 50-80% if utico is willing bail us out.

I also not in favour of litigation and that should only be pursued as last option, getting pnp to stay on books of current hyflux with no SPV offers a much better risk reward, pretty straightforward to me.

have no idea why TG pushing litigation if there are investors like utico.

Yes i exited the TG as well, i am not easily influenced.

Reaction score
Saturday have to change the logo ? :s13:

NP_20190515_GLHYFLUX15_4842190.jpg

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You are wrong. Mindset of Singapore investors is different.

Hope can be a powerful trait. A lot of investors are pinning on hope with their investments. Cutting losses is not a good option.

As long as you don't sell your shares, there is still hope on recovery. The moment you sell, there is zero hope already. :D

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
r2ehS6G.png

Early morning telling people that Tuaspring is "owned" by retail investors... Electricity sales also now come under the purview of PUB and not EMA...

new-comer

Reaction score
This sgdividends, last time i used to visit his blog and other investment blogs from others. Thought he is some accredited or seasoned investor. End up reading the way he replies in this forum and in the telegram chat, really changed my perception.

He now sounds like a noobie and a sore loser, fanning flames in the forum and also in the telegram chat for whatever ulterior motives only he himself know. In other words, he now looks like some small fry who thinks he is a big **** and satki in investing, writing so many blog articles to share and promote his own opinions, analyses and investment picks but end up in reality, he doesn't even know wtf he is doing and especially obvious in this hyflux and the previous noble incidents. Non-stop flipping prata and etc.

Who knows, maybe he didnt even invest in hyflux and noble, or better still, he never ever invested a single cent before. All his theory based articles without any practical experience in investments, but pretends to have invested a large sum of money into various securities and stocks.

Last edited:

FrostWurm

Master Member
Reaction score
This sgdividends, last time i used to visit his blog and other investment blogs from others. Thought he is some accredited or seasoned investor. End up reading the way he replies in this forum and in the telegram chat, really changed my perception.

He now sounds like a noobie and a sore loser, fanning flames in the forum and also in the telegram chat for whatever ulterior motives only he himself know. In other words, he now looks like some small fry who thinks he is a big **** and satki in investing, writing so many blog articles to share and promote his own opinions, analyses and investment picks but end up in reality, he doesn't even know wtf he is doing and especially obvious in this hyflux and the previous noble incidents. Non-stop flipping prata and etc.

I find his blog pretty good, he's quite thorough in his explanations and covers a wide range of topics. Maybe he invested a bit too much into Hyflux this time so the emotions are getting to him. Or maybe this sgdividends is a different guy

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find his blog pretty good, he's quite thorough in his explanations and covers a wide range of topics. Maybe he invested a bit too much into Hyflux this time so the emotions are getting to him. Or maybe this sgdividends is a different guy

Same person...He confirm it himself...

Wah I also star in avengers .

Exciting ...haha.

Already said moving on doesn't mean not doing anything. Moving on means not affected by it,not sad, not depressed, life is still good.

Get it.

To the one who posted and help me market my blog , your moving on means?

That's why it is very funny when he said he had "moved on"...

Toni90

Reaction score
Same person...He confirm it himself...

That's why it is very funny when he said he had "moved on"...

NOT funny. Now he needs to keep it going on as it brings traffic to his blog. Without this Hyflux thing his blog is dead.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NOT funny. Now he needs to keep it going on as it brings traffic to his blog. Without this Hyflux thing his blog is dead.

I think most of the Hyflux investors had already moved on...You see the turnout for the Hong Lim Park protest and the number of those who signed their petition, it is just a small number of people who still had not moved on with their life...So I don't think the traffic to the blogspot may not increase as much...

There are 1,935 people in the telegram chat, how many people do you think are in their so called "legal private chatroom"...This is only how many people compared to the total 34,000 retail investors...

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope all PnP investors are wiped out. Why should taxpayers foot the bill for investors who bet in the wrong company?? Did they pay taxes when they made money??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.