Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
uh, so for those of us who recently just top up (to 200k) for the recent $500 credit promotion (e.g. by placing 100k into an eSaver account), do we automatically qualify since the promotion period is from 1 April to 31 May?

assuming we receive the mailer :)

eh... so nobody knows the answer? anyone same situation as me? maybe have to ask my RM liao...

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh... so nobody knows the answer? anyone same situation as me? maybe have to ask my RM liao...

The $500 promo and the 12mth promo are separate promo with their own respective invitations.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nope bro, I didn't receive that one-year extension because I didn't join the promotion last year...

so, hoping to hop on this promotion this time round.

but maybank iSavvy has outwitted eSaver everytime (for amounts less than 200k) so I've been switching back and forth eSaver and iSavvy every 2 months or so.

seems like this promotion does not have any other benefits, like cash credits. so, maybe not worth to park beyond July (when the 3-mth requirement for $500 credit ends).

your tots?

bro, if u did not rec the one-year exclusive invite, r u gg to rec only the base interest of 0.25% in July (3rd month)?
If so, it's wise to move out your money from esaver after July.

U can ask your RM for one-year exclusive offer. If he gives, u won't lugi bonus interest in July and may save the trouble of merry-go-round your funds after July.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, if u did not rec the one-year exclusive invite, r u gg to rec only the base interest of 0.25% in July (3rd month)?
If so, it's wise to move out your money from esaver after July.

U can ask your RM for one-year exclusive offer. If he gives, u won't lugi bonus interest in July and may save the trouble of merry-go-round your funds after July.

actually I put in on 30 April so the 3 months means May, June and July, for the $500 credit.

For the current eSaver promo, it ends in May, so my plan is to transfer out and in to another eSaver account (I have two), so that I can remain eligible for the top up promotion and also for the new eSaver cycle (June/July).

After July then think of what to do next.

But going by current trend, Maybank iSavvy will give a slightly better rate and hence I'm most likely going to shift over to Maybank in August.

This eSaver 12-mth promo doesn't seem to provide additional benefits, but just saving you the hassle of transferring out and in between accounts. Right?

If so, I won't be tempted to join. Was expecting to have some extra benefits like sign up cash bonus.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually I put in on 30 April so the 3 months means May, June and July, for the $500 credit.

For the current eSaver promo, it ends in May, so my plan is to transfer out and in to another eSaver account (I have two), so that I can remain eligible for the top up promotion and also for the new eSaver cycle (June/July).

But going by current trend, Maybank iSavvy will give a slightly better rate and hence I'm most likely going to shift over to Maybank in August.

This eSaver 12-mth promo doesn't seem to provide additional benefits, but just saving you the hassle of transferring out and in between accounts. Right?

If so, I won't be tempted to join. Was expecting to have some extra benefits like sign up cash bonus.

It is good if u have already figured out how to be eligible for the top up promo without loss of the 3rd month bonus interest.

Yes, just less hassle with the 12mth promo.

Smallchange

Reaction score
Remember to complete the financial analysis before 30 June.

I was told by the branch staff that the $200k cannot be moved which means the only way to get that $500 was if you have the whole year extension. Hope your method works and when u receive the $500, please share here.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember to complete the financial analysis before 30 June.

I was told by the branch staff that the $200k cannot be moved which means the only way to get that $500 was if you have the whole year extension. Hope your method works and when u receive the $500, please share here.

I've done the FNA through my RM. fuss-free, over the email and he sent a courier to pick it up from me.

I also told my RM the plan I hatched, and asked if it was OK (transfer from eSaver1 to eSaver2 to maintain the $200k). he said it is OK - just need to ensure daily minimum is still $200k for the 3 months. so all kinds of transactions are allowed.

will share here if the plan failed. definitely will question my RM why it didn't work since he said it's OK. but have to wait till dunno how many months later before they credit the $500 to those who 'passed' the promo.

i'm still not sure whether by topping up recently I had qualified for the 12-mth eSaver promotion as well... but I don't think it is important to stay for 12-mth unless there is going to be a global event where interest rates start to plunge. 1.55% can easily be met with FDs.

Alwaysb

Reaction score
Hi can pm me details of the referral? Other than 100k miles, what other promos do they have in the past? Thanks

no fall below fee.

However, you should join them as priority banking with referral to earn the rewards.

Now they giving 100K miles to new to bank priority banking customer.

martin

Reaction score
Just received this in the mail
: Standard Chartered eSaver Bonus interest earning period from 1 Apr 2019 to 31 March 2020

Fine print on sc.com/sg/ext-apr19a

In brief: Longer-term tenure.
Total interest = Prevailing Interest Rate + Bonus Interest Rate (1.55%)
If there is a promotion (the one that we see updated every 2-3 months) that offers a higher Bonus Interest Rate, the higher rate will apply for that duration.

E.g. for April & May 2019, Bonus Interest rate is 1.75% since there is a current promotion that is higher than the quoted 1.55%.
Depending on Deposit Balance Tier, Total Interest could range from 1.85% to 2.0%

The catch: Top up account with fresh funds and maintain minimum account balance of 100k as of 31 May 2019.

IMO this is not too bad if bros here don't want to play merry-go-round with the other banks every 2-3 months. But need minimum balance of 100k.

I got this email too but not sure how it works. Currently, i have 120k in my first esaver a/c (ihave two) enjoying the 2-month bonus for apr & may. Normally, on 1 jun, i will transfer this amount out and back into my 2nd esaver acoount, but like that i will miss the 31 May deadline. Or do i transfer out/in on 31 May but do i get the bonus interest in my 1st esaver for May prorated up to 30 May? I have never transferred out at end of month, always on first of following month.

yongsaver

Reaction score
can wait a while before opening any new FD. USD recently gaining strength against SGD.

domestic interest rates may move north if this trend continues. :D

do we have the good fortune of seeing 2.5% p.a. for esaver, issavy? we can only hope and pray. :s13:

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can wait a while before opening any new FD. USD recently gaining strength against SGD.

domestic interest rates may move north if this trend continues. :D

do we have the good fortune of seeing 2.5% p.a. for esaver, issavy? we can only hope and pray. :s13:

Depends more on whether foreign banks need more SGD than USD strengthening. Our local banks are not in real need of SGD.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got this email too but not sure how it works. Currently, i have 120k in my first esaver a/c (ihave two) enjoying the 2-month bonus for apr & may. Normally, on 1 jun, i will transfer this amount out and back into my 2nd esaver acoount, but like that i will miss the 31 May deadline. Or do i transfer out/in on 31 May but do i get the bonus interest in my 1st esaver for May prorated up to 30 May? I have never transferred out at end of month, always on first of following month.

Transfer on the first of the month is correct way and deposit online on the same day in the 2nd esaver.

But if have the email on special promo, do nothing and leave amount in the first esaver.

darren25

Reaction score
no fall below fee.

However, you should join them as priority banking with referral to earn the rewards.

Now they giving 100K miles to new to bank priority banking customer.

Hi interested to.. I do understand from their website that they give referral when someone is begin referred . Are we going to share the referral amount?

martin

Reaction score
Transfer on the first of the month is correct way and deposit online on the same day in the 2nd esaver.

But if have the email on special promo, do nothing and leave amount in the first esaver.

Thanks, henry. My concern is the phrase “The catch: Top up account with fresh funds and maintain minimum account balance of 100k as of 31 May 2019. ” The amount of 120k i have in my first esaver account was transferred in on 1 Apr. Is this consideted ‘fresh fund’?

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Icbc fd 1.95pa online 20k 12m
34ozc6s.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.