Thread: Android TV Box
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2019, 07:28 PM   #1942
xiaofan
Master Member

For Tanix TX6 owners only, today I tried two things on the box. One is successful and the other one failed.

1) Use a USB fan to blow the air from the side ventilation holes, very effective to bring the temperature down from 85-90 degree C (today is a hot day) to 65-70 degree C.

Probably I want to open the top cover and secure the fan on top.

2) Tried the previous OTA and they were successful. Today tried the new OTA which is supposed to fix the notification bar issues but it failed. Not so sure if this has anything to do with the fact that I am using an OEM version (without Tanix logo).

From Tanix Facebook page:

FIRMWARE Update: TANIX TX6 update by OTA. In order to get the v20190508, open the pre-installed "UPDATE" APP and check for online updates.

Tanix TX6 overview: http://www.tanix-box.com/project-vie...i-6k-alice-ux/

Change log:

1. Make status bar and notification window interactive.
2. Fixed bug about external camera not working
The OTA problem has been resolved. Look like Magisk Manager messed up the bootloader and that is why OTA updates failed.

Anyway, I use Phoenix Card to burn an official ROM from Tanix website (email address required), then I am able to carry out the OTA.

The Phoenix Suite and Phoenix USB Pro failed this time due to USB driver recognition problem for my Windows 10 laptop.

Ha-ha, now I learned the recovery for both Amlogic CPU based box and Allwinner CPU based box.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote