Treasure at Tampines

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats how agents always market their projects, referencing to breakeven cost of future projects, making buyers panic and snap up thousands of overpriced units last year. :s13:

But yes as broadwalk said, many rich singaporeans so still possible to sell. Good to be developer, provided future land bids continue to be bullish which does not seem to be the case.

Looks like it. The site near SUO was bid lower than SUO.

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
When people get used to the 12% ABSD they'd come and buy again. Same like the 7% ABSD, a few years later people were gladly paying the 7% ABSD like it was nothing.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When people get used to the 12% ABSD they'd come and buy again. Same like the 7% ABSD, a few years later people were gladly paying the 7% ABSD like it was nothing.

If the investment proposition of paying the absd makes sense, by all means proceed to buy for investment. However, for those who are able to find better investment tools, with better returns, then they will turn down this proposition.

Like someone said here, there is no ‘one size fits all’.

Just sorry only for those who do not know what they are doing or are just very rich and don’t mind losing money. If that’s the case, it is better to do charity and benefit the society.

Clazav

Reaction score
Ppl in sg are obsessive in properties. We can say they are silly, but this silliness can become a mainstream trend.

If the investment proposition of paying the absd makes sense, by all means proceed to buy for investment. However, for those who are able to find better investment tools, with better returns, then they will turn down this proposition.

Just sorry only for those who do not know what they are doing or are just very rich and don’t mind losing money. If that’s the case, it is better to do charity and benefit the society.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Bro, U sure they dunno what they are doing? Perhaps they see something that we can’t see? Who gives us the wisdom to determine who is smart and who is silly?

Don’t need feel sorry for anyone, we are all adults, we make our judgement call and responsible for it.

https://www.todayonline.com/world/hong-kong-investors-take-advantage-correction-singapores-property-prices

Hmm, was wondering where’s the correction? I was confused by the article headlines. Did the hongkie sees something we don’t see?

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.todayonline.com/world/hong-kong-investors-take-advantage-correction-singapores-property-prices

Hmm, was wondering where’s the correction? I was confused by the article headlines. Did the hongkie sees something we don’t see?

Luxury property market is way different from our mass market condos that we have been discussing. It has seen prices over $3,000psf since mid 2000s.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Luxury property market is way different from our mass market condos that we have been discussing. It has seen prices over $3,000psf since mid 2000s.

Base on the previous cycle, foreign investors were quite spot on in their timing in entering the property market. I was wondering whether these investors has entered a bit too early for this time round. Really can’t feel the price correction be it mass market condo or luxury sector.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, U sure they dunno what they are doing? Perhaps they see something that we can’t see? Who gives us the wisdom to determine who is smart and who is silly?

Don’t need feel sorry for anyone, we are all adults, we make our judgement call and responsible for it.

https://www.todayonline.com/world/h...vantage-correction-singapores-property-prices

Hi Bro, I am not claiming wisdom or making judgement.

What I am saying is that for those ‘ losing money from property’, better to do charity.

For those buying at sky high price, can predict the future and make more money than other investment options, I congratulate them and confess I have things to learn from them.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Bro, I am not claiming wisdom or making judgement.

What I am saying is that for those ‘ losing money from property’, better to do charity.

For those buying at sky high price, can predict the future and make more money than other investment options, I congratulate them and confess I have things to learn from them.

Bro, don’t get me wrong. We both share the same sentiments of the current property market. It just baffled me why foreign investors see now as price correction.
Did they see something we can’t see? Or is the article telling half truth?
Also not forgetting they are paying a heftier ABSD than us.
If my memory serves me well, these foreign investors are usually quite spot on in timing the market.

Just confused with the current market sentiments and thus, just thinking out loud who are the smart ones and who are the silly ones. :D

Last edited:

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Enbloc money coming in for batch of people so they will be buying their replacement houses. Private sales might jump provided they don't buy HDB

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, don’t get me wrong. We both share the same sentiments of the current property market. It just baffled me why foreign investors see now as price correction.
Did they see something we can’t see? Or is the article telling half truth?
Also not forgetting they are paying a heftier ABSD than us.
If my memory serves me well, these foreign investors are usually quite spot on in timing the market.

Just confused with the current market sentiments and thus, just thinking out loud who are the smart ones and who are the silly ones. :D

No problem.

One explanation is that it is always a comparison ( like which stock to buy and time horizon).
These foreigners may see that even with absd, our property is a ‘BUY’ call compared to those in some countries. Whether all stock, counters and property on ‘BUY’ call are good buys? Also, what is the holding period before they realise profit? These are perhaps what we need these Analysts to explain their actions.

Again, like stock, there were rumours many funds were pulling out of stock as they foresee a fall in the market. Given how huge some of these funds are, they can indeed move the market or even create a ‘false’ signal.

Some even tried to predict the property market based on the stock market performance.

TeamUSA

Reaction score
I won't be too concerned with what foreign buyers are or are not doing, given 2 reasons:

(i) Based on URA statistics, only 6% of buyers in Singapore' private property are non-Singaporean/PR . That means the Singapore private property market is virtually propped up by Singaporeans/PRs.

(ii) Also, from anecdotal evidence from my property agent friends, foreign buyers seem to target investments in high profile and traditionally expensive areas like Orchard, Bukit Timah, Marina Bay and are not looking to sell within 4-5 years but have a longer term horizon. I don't think these foreign buyer's considerations are the same as those looking for mass market properties in OCR/RCR areas, which is what this thread is concerned with.

Wimsey

Reaction score
I blame it all on the "Stimulus money", aka "money printing". There is just too much liquidity floating around. Basically what that means is that they are robbing us of our savings, by de-valuing what we can buy with each dollar.

And all that money has to go somewhere. Especially for those foreigners with huge reserves of cash. So how? Put in the bank as FD, but with current interest rates, will likely lose to inflation. Put in stocks and bonds if understand it. But most people understand property better than stocks and shares. And property is tangible, can touch and see, can stay in.

And since a lot of countries have closed their doors, like foreign buyers cannot buy existing housing in NZ and Australia, and Canada also raising their foreign buyer taxes, and the worries over Brexit in the UK, in the end some foreigners will channel their funds to Singapore as a safe haven. Just for wealth preservation, to park funds here.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
I won't be too concerned with what foreign buyers are or are not doing, given 2 reasons:

(i) Based on URA statistics, only 6% of buyers in Singapore' private property are non-Singaporean/PR . That means the Singapore private property market is virtually propped up by Singaporeans/PRs.

(ii) Also, from anecdotal evidence from my property agent friends, foreign buyers seem to target investments in high profile and traditionally expensive areas like Orchard, Bukit Timah, Marina Bay and are not looking to sell within 4-5 years but have a longer term horizon. I don't think these foreign buyer's considerations are the same as those looking for mass market properties in OCR/RCR areas, which is what this thread is concerned with.

One of my enter and exit plan comes from taking cues from these foreign investors as they have proven quite spot on in knowing when to enter/exit the property market in the last few cycles.
I’m not really concern about their take up rate in any sector.
Was wondering why they see now as price correction which I totally couldn’t feel it at all.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
I blame it all on the "Stimulus money", aka "money printing". There is just too much liquidity floating around. Basically what that means is that they are robbing us of our savings, by de-valuing what we can buy with each dollar.

And all that money has to go somewhere. Especially for those foreigners with huge reserves of cash. So how? Put in the bank as FD, but with current interest rates, will likely lose to inflation. Put in stocks and bonds if understand it. But most people understand property better than stocks and shares. And property is tangible, can touch and see, can stay in.

And since a lot of countries have closed their doors, like foreign buyers cannot buy existing housing in NZ and Australia, and Canada also raising their foreign buyer taxes, and the worries over Brexit in the UK, in the end some foreigners will channel their funds to Singapore as a safe haven. Just for wealth preservation, to park funds here.

This is the results of QE from 2012 to 2015.
Even after several years, there’s still too much liquidity floating in the market.

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
362 units sold, still have not breached 400 yet.

At this rate, who knows what may happen?

Not so easy drop price one la, you wait long long. You don't forget developer borrow from banks, even they wanna drop price, bank will ask them f off :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.