Creative Outlier Gold

gdspd8

Reaction score
Heard that there will be Creative Outlier Gold out soon
Duno will feature in the upcoming Tech Show Central (CEE) anot.

Last edited:

doublesingular

Reaction score
Seems like Creative outlier gold will be at CEE this year @139SGD Level 4, Booth 8161, also they silently released it on their website...

donetus

Reaction score
nice specs .. but do you think it's going to be worth it with it's price at 139?

doublesingular

Reaction score
Do they have show discount?

No discounts it seems... but understandable because they are still selling outlier air (Show price should be 99 or 109), its a bit too tight between the two.

Regardless both still show very good value. The unbeaten battery life, AptX, Super X-FI and USB C charging

I was looking at Klipsch TWS J5 pre-order at CEE but it is 349 SGD (upside being it having AptX HD)

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No discounts it seems... but understandable because they are still selling outlier air (Show price should be 99 or 109), its a bit too tight between the two.

Regardless both still show very good value. The unbeaten battery life, AptX, Super X-FI and USB C charging

I was looking at Klipsch TWS J5 pre-order at CEE but it is 349 SGD (upside being it having AptX HD)
It seems software super xfi only works with music on the phone. It will not work on mp3 players or streaming music. What about downloaded streaming music on Spotify, will it works?

eyeone

Reaction score
It seems software super xfi only works with music on the phone. It will not work on mp3 players or streaming music. What about downloaded streaming music on Spotify, will it works?
As per creative website, app version of SXFI found in outlier air gold will not work with Spotify.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As per creative website, app version of SXFI found in outlier air gold will not work with Spotify.
So it will not work with any streaming services and MP3 I suppose, and I do agree with you on the pricing and being one of 3 better known TW with long battery life.

soichiro

Master Member
Reaction score
So the SXFi is a gimmick lah....since it doesn't work on Spotify, YouTube etc. Who downloads mp3s these days?

No point buying this Gold version.

HamsterKing

Reaction score
So the SXFi is a gimmick lah....since it doesn't work on Spotify, YouTube etc. Who downloads mp3s these days?

No point buying this Gold version.

They always do this one ... Nothing much upgrade also.... Just coated in gold... Still no ambient sound

daisuki

Reaction score

Careful. Please refer to their webpage. It only works with locally stored music because it requires you to use their SXFI app. You can't use your own music player. The app already does this. I can use my own wireless earphones and listen with SXFI On as well. But for this Outlier Gold, what makes it unique is it has a key to unlock the app. So you too can listen to music with SXFI. Again, I stress, with their APP.

"Enjoy your device's local music files through the SXFI App, now powered by Super X-Fi technology!

*Software Super X-Fi works on audio and music files found in your device's original music player. Some protected content that is downloaded and restricted through the respective native applications (e.g. Spotify) is not applicable."

I recommend those who wants to purchase to download the app first and try to listen to music through it. If you find the app to be a hassle or you compare playing normal music without SXFI on the app vs on your own music player to be bland sounding, then make your purchase with caution. You can might as well buy the Outlier Air instead.

My default phone music player has those test tones test with my earphones so I can customize the sound to allow me to listen to the full range of audio without missing anything due to maybe a lousy earphone not being able to play a particular frequency range properly. It makes a big difference and sounds closer to my headphone with DAC at home as opposed to sounding muddy and compressed. Try using that and comparing the sound from the SXFI app and your phone's music player.

Last edited:

nightknight1976

Reaction score

What about using outlier air gold as a bluetooth earphone directly to Spotify. Forgoing the SXFI apps. Just wondering can it still connect or use without SXFI software apps.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.