Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

bellick

Reaction score
Sound and controls, the Samsung Galaxy buds. But since it cannot be turned off manually or auto shut down if not in use, it will drain the battery if I don't bring the case out to store it. I like the creative outlier air for its battery life and design. The mee audio I like it for it's mids/vocals and controls and can shut down manually and auto turn off. I like the qcy t1c sound but it doesn't has volume control and battery life is average. Nuarl I don't like the bass too much and it's quite big, but the battery life is good. Mifo has tiny buttons for controls and is hard to press, the light also keeps blinking even when in use and the sound is not as clear.

Wow.. anywhere that we can demo the galaxy buds? I'm honestly quite surprised you rate it so highly, especially when there's the nuarl and outlier air too.

Seems like hype for the nuarl has died down yea?

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow.. anywhere that we can demo the galaxy buds? I'm honestly quite surprised you rate it so highly, especially when there's the nuarl and outlier air too.

Maybe can try at Samsung store?

Jlyong0008

Reaction score
Just to add, for the Anker Libery Air, there are a couple of issues I noticed in the few days i have been using:

1) Switching between devices is NOT seamless. You need to go d/c from your current device, either bluetooth off or in the menu, and then go to the new device and connect via bluetooth settings. My plantronics was easy: just pause whatever I’m doing on my current device, and connect via the bluetooth settings on the new device.

2) The sound connection is solid. But had three issues which happened once:
a) The stereo sound broke and I only had sound out from the right bud when I just paired them.
b) The sound sync between Left and Right decoupled after 30 mins and there was a lag between left and right. Had to slot back into the case and reconnect.
c) The usually good sound quality suddenly became echo-y after 30 mins and had to slot the buds back in the case and pull out.

Having said that, these issues only occured once for me. I’m still very happy with them.

Long term update on the anker liberty air…

The texture of the case damn grubby.
The signal drop issue between left and right hasn't recurred for a few months.
Most problematic issue now is that after I stowed the buds in the case and tossed into my bag, it often still connects to my phone. Not sure if dirt went in or the magnets are not strong enough to hold the buds firmly inside the case. But the buds are just a little loose inside the case and if it gets a hard knock or is upside down, it WILL connect without u knowing it.

It is kinda annoying and a major design flaw of an otherwise great product (good battery, good sound, relatively cheap)

musicsg_com

Reaction score
NEW Creative Outlier Gold

Creative just announced their upgrade to Outlier Air: the Outlier Gold.

Improvements:
- longer battery life: 14 hours per charge
- supports software SXFI
- only in Gold colour
- RRP $139

Whoever wants to test, can head to Creative’s booth (level 4, booth 8161) at the upcoming CEE 2019, held at Suntec City Convention Center from 23-26 May 2019. It will be going at a launch offer price (TBA).

hero-outlier-gold.jpg

https://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-gold

gdspd8

Reaction score
Just get the new Creative Outlier Gold true wireless with software Super X-Fi.
14hrs usage...

Desboy

Reaction score
Went down to stereo yesterday and they said the nuarl and mavin are the latest models with the newer chip that has longer batt life etc.

Should I wait for newer models using that technology to come out, or should I just go for either of those 2 or the creative gold? Only concerned with comfort and sound quality

Last edited:

Desboy

Reaction score

Using the galaxy buds rn and after testing at stereo, the sound quality is definitely worse than nuarl n01at

Jason8811

Reaction score
Using the galaxy buds rn and after testing at stereo, the sound quality is definitely worse than nuarl n01at

Sound can be quite personal, I like the Nuarl NT01ax better than the Samsung but surely there are people who might appreciate the Samsung better.

Jason8811

Reaction score
Went down to stereo yesterday and they said the nuarl and mavin are the latest models with the newer chip that has longer batt life etc.

Should I wait for newer models using that technology to come out, or should I just go for either of those 2 or the creative gold? Only concerned with comfort and sound quality

Best to try them out yourself.

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ykKk75El.jpg

4Ok5eT0l.png

According to HWZ news, pre order @ $349 at CEE2019 show. I can't find any single review for this item.

But quick specs are 8h + 24h charging case, bluetooth 5.0, AAC and AptX. Comes with their proprietary oval shape ear tips. Not sure Qcc51xx or Qcc30xx series.

If it's really 8 + 24h, tempting siol. Dunno how's the sound quality though.

Sent from A Bus Station Is Where A Bus Stops. A Train Station Is Where A Train Stops. In My Office, I Have A Workstation. using GAGT

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ykKk75El.jpg

4Ok5eT0l.png

According to HWZ news, pre order @ $349 at CEE2019 show. I can't find any single review for this item.

But quick specs are 8h + 24h charging case, bluetooth 5.0, AAC and AptX. Comes with their proprietary oval shape ear tips. Not sure Qcc51xx or Qcc30xx series.

If it's really 8 + 24h, tempting siol. Dunno how's the sound quality though.

Sent from A Bus Station Is Where A Bus Stops. A Train Station Is Where A Train Stops. In My Office, I Have A Workstation. using GAGT
The Zippo style case very nice

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Creative just announced their upgrade to Outlier Air: the Outlier Gold.

Improvements:
- longer battery life: 14 hours per charge
- supports software SXFI
- only in Gold colour
- RRP $139

Whoever wants to test, can head to Creative’s booth (level 4, booth 8161) at the upcoming CEE 2019, held at Suntec City Convention Center from 23-26 May 2019. It will be going at a launch offer price (TBA).

hero-outlier-gold.jpg

https://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-gold
Checked the product contents

2 x Pairs of (S) and (M) Ear Tips

Maybe now can fit my ears?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just realised that when I use my crazybaby nano on my Mate 20, I experience audio video sync delay but when used with my S10+, there's no delay at all. Both were set to AAC. Anyone faced such problem?

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.