[Consolidated] Apple Music Discussions

smiletutor

Reaction score
Data-free streaming on Apple Music for Singtel subscribers
https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/s...eaming-on-apple-music-for-singtel-subscribers

SINGAPORE - Local music lovers on the Apple Music service will be able to stream music without fear of busting their monthly mobile cap starting tomorrow (May 31), if they are Singtel subscribers.

The telco is offering data-free music streaming for their postpaid mobile customers, which will cost $9.98 per month. Users will have to subscribe to Apple Music through Singtel to get this feature. Existing customers of both Singtel and Apple Music will have to link their Apple Music account to their Singtel number to activate data-free streaming.

New and recontracting customers who sign up for the data-free Apple Music service will get a a free six-month subscription. It will be available on iOS and Android devices as well as the Apple Watch Series 3 smartwatch.

"We're excited that this latest collaboration with Apple will allow Singtel customers to be the first in Singapore to experience data-free Apple Music," said Mr Yuen Kuan Moon, Singtel's chief executive of the Singapore consumer business.

Apple Music carries a catalogue of more than 45 million songs and lets users listen to their music downloads from its iTunes store as well. Users also get access to a daily mix of recommended music according to their preferences and radio stations spanning all genres.

The $9.98 monthly subscription is the usual price for an Apple Music individual plan. Other music streaming services like Spotify are usually offered a discount when subscribed through Singtel.

May I ask, what are the reasons why people opt for Apple music over Spotify. There is a spotify family plan so price shouldn't be the biggest factor.

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
May I ask, what are the reasons why people opt for Apple music over Spotify. There is a spotify family plan so price shouldn't be the biggest factor.

If you live in an Apple eco-system, it is just easier to use Apple Music rather than sign up another service.

Pampers

Banned
Reaction score
I have Apple Music, Spotify Premium and TIDAL HIFI. These are the best subscriptions available today by the more popular service providers and I can safely tell you that Apple Music has the widest range of genres on the market.

I listen to Mandarin, English, Cantonese and Japanese; very rarely ever Korean. Apple Music is your one stop shop. Streaming and audio quality wise, Apple Music does not lose out to TIDAL Masters (even via MQA). TIDAL HIFI costs about 3 times that of Apple Music as well :o

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
I have Apple Music, Spotify Premium and TIDAL HIFI. These are the best subscriptions available today by the more popular service providers and I can safely tell you that Apple Music has the widest range of genres on the market.

I listen to Mandarin, English, Cantonese and Japanese; very rarely ever Korean. Apple Music is your one stop shop. Streaming and audio quality wise, Apple Music does not lose out to TIDAL Masters (even via MQA). TIDAL HIFI costs about 3 times that of Apple Music as well :o

Wow, you do consume a lot of music.

Jiakholiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noob here. Between Apple Music and Spotify, which offers more Japanese songs selection? TIA :)

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a new MBP. Sync with my iPhone and I can't see any of the custom ring tones listed in the ringtone section of the iTunes. How do I get to have it listed so I can delete those?

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Apple Music got those jay chou or mandarin pop that can download offline? Intend to use my android dap to download and listen offline. Does it has lossless audio format? Currently using xiami but a lot of mandarin pop cannot download due to region block. Thanks

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Apple Music got those jay chou or mandarin pop that can download offline? Intend to use my android dap to download and listen offline. Does it has lossless audio format? Currently using xiami but a lot of mandarin pop cannot download due to region block. Thanks

sign up for trial n try yrself. there's a lot of mandopop in e catalogue for sure.

mikepang

Reaction score
Cant decide between apple music or spotify.... any bros can advice pros and cons, have tried the trial version of both and equally happy but need some advice. Thanks

Pampers

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, you do consume a lot of music.

Yes, so far all western based streaming services are literally garbage in comparison when it comes to Asian music. I use QQMUSIC for mando/canto and J pop. One app includes internet radio, KTV sing along, music and live video along with the option to purchase single tracks or entire albums.

Western streaming companies are either terribly slow or lazy. Furthermore, I pay a mere $2/mth. They also have a huge library of English songs from Eminem to Taylor Swift to Paramore and Coldplay (mostly lossless unless unavailable) :o

pangsaikang

Reaction score
Yes, so far all western based streaming services are literally garbage in comparison when it comes to Asian music. I use QQMUSIC for mando/canto and J pop. One app includes internet radio, KTV sing along, music and live video along with the option to purchase single tracks or entire albums.

Western streaming companies are either terribly slow or lazy. Furthermore, I pay a mere $2/mth. They also have a huge library of English songs from Eminem to Taylor Swift to Paramore and Coldplay (mostly lossless unless unavailable) :o
are u sure all the stuffs in QQMusic is legit? anyway users dont care as long as its cheap and serve ur purpose.

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow that's a direct retort to Spotify's price increase recently. Looks like gloves off.

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. I subscribe to Apple Music family package at $14/mth. Add GST $0.98 = $14.98/mth. This figure appear in all my apple invoices and purchase history. However I just realised $15.13 is being deducted from my credit card all along. Is there a credit card surcharge for paying Apple subscription/purchase?

chinnian

Reaction score
Hi. I subscribe to Apple Music family package at $14/mth. Add GST $0.98 = $14.98/mth. This figure appear in all my apple invoices and purchase history. However I just realised $15.13 is being deducted from my credit card all along. Is there a credit card surcharge for paying Apple subscription/purchase?
I believe is bank’s DCC charge. Understand Spotify‘s billing is also slapped with this charge. Previously when I was billing Apple Music subscription to my StarHub bill, it’s $14.98. But I’ve switch to Giga now and they don’t offer such billing. I’m now trying to see if paying by iTunes gift cards can save that 15c a month.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just a question I been wondering

Is it possible to play/stream Apple Music on a wireless speaker without using the iPhone/iPad/Mac or whatever apple device?

Cos I am planning to fill a room with constant music from the speakers preferably from Apple music (open to suggestions) but without needing me to use iPhone or any device to stream. For example I'd like this speakers to play music from Apple music while i use iPhone to watch YouTube? Cos if I just use airplay, when i play YouTube it will play from the speakers and stop the music right?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just a question I been wondering

Is it possible to play/stream Apple Music on a wireless speaker without using the iPhone/iPad/Mac or whatever apple device?

Cos I am planning to fill a room with constant music from the speakers preferably from Apple music (open to suggestions) but without needing me to use iPhone or any device to stream. For example I'd like this speakers to play music from Apple music while i use iPhone to watch YouTube? Cos if I just use airplay, when i play YouTube it will play from the speakers and stop the music right?
HomePod Mini

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.