SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

Dongmei

Reaction score
helooo im enrolling for SIM UOL this August and any seniors from UOL E&F here? Need some advices and textbooks and lecturer notes ! thank you for replying me waiting for your answers ! :)

hiii im also enrolled into SIM UOL E&F this August. Still very clueless and afraid of what's coming up. Hope seniors here can give more advice! :s22:

leacat

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!! I'm enrolling into SIM this august and I need some advise on whether i should take econs and management or business and management.They both have similar modules and I was wondering which one will be better

Brooky

Reaction score
Hey, anyone know if accounting theory is a core for AnF students from 2017 intake? Let’s say if i fail my MA at year 2, will I have to go for year 4? Since I cant take accounting theory in year 3 as MA is a prerequisite.

Hestiaa

Reaction score
Withdrawal from SIM

Hi all, I had accepted SIM UOL's offer a while back, but would like to withdraw from their program. There was no indication whatsoever on how to do so, so I tried to contact the student email they provided (students@sim.edu.sg) but they told me that it was for their students only. Is there anyone that could help me with this? I am very lost and acceptance period for other unis are nearing its end.

BackgrounKoala_07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Economics degrees are required to take stats1 and 2.

I am interested in studying economic but i got d7 for olevel english, i failed my amaths but i got b3 for my E maths. Will i be accepted with a polytechnic diploma eventhough i didn't meet the General entrance requirement

FadedBoy

Reaction score
I am interested in studying economic but i got d7 for olevel english, i failed my amaths but i got b3 for my E maths. Will i be accepted with a polytechnic diploma eventhough i didn't meet the General entrance requirement

No idea, you should ask SIM via email. However, i urge you to reconsider doing a Bsc of Economics. It relies heavily on calculus and statistical tools and the intensity of the course increases as you progress.

But should you insist of pursuing it, you can still opt to switch to another course at year 2 if you struggle at year1, though you have to pay $107 and means you have to do those mods in year 1 that are required for the course that you switched.

Maths 1, Maths2, stats 2, econometrics and other adv econs mod you do rely heavily on calculus.

Needtograd

Reaction score
Can we graduate with failing 1 core module in the final year? I'm really afraid I can't pass ME. And it's my final year.

Last edited:

CYBob5

Reaction score
Only for 2018 intake.

Hey, anyone know if accounting theory is a core for AnF students from 2017 intake? Let’s say if i fail my MA at year 2, will I have to go for year 4? Since I cant take accounting theory in year 3 as MA is a prerequisite.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.