The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know where to go for eyecheck?
I have a feeling my lens are wrongly prescribed so I will like to go for eye check and upgrade my lens at the same time..
foptics.club

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I was still trying to ask for discount after getting it with a rayban frame for $340 thinking that it can still be lower. Lol

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

hahahahaha! I believe it's a very good price given to you already! Your choice still whether or not to take it.

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know where to go for eyecheck?
I have a feeling my lens are wrongly prescribed so I will like to go for eye check and upgrade my lens at the same time..

Hi bro,

I believe you can just drop by any shop for a quick check. Most would be more than willing to help you.:)

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7RhA7q5l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

nethdale

Reaction score
Hi,

How true is it? I was told recently for progressive lens regardless its cost, even done by those big brand coy and assuming no change in power or whatever; is it true that the lens need to change about every 2 years as the progressive lens loose its "effectiveness"? Thanks.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

How true is it? I was told recently for progressive lens regardless its cost, even done by those big brand coy and assuming no change in power or whatever; is it true that the lens need to change about every 2 years as the progressive lens loose its "effectiveness"? Thanks.

No such thing. It depends on whether your reading power/lao hua has increased and whether even w/glasses can your eye muscle work together to help you see.

I seen individuals that can use their current progressive for more than 3 years.

Also ''Majority'' of individuals i seen once they reach +2.50 laohua mostly stop there. Some will go even higher. But thats about it. I also seen some even at +2.00 laohua also stop already.

hw_rgb

Reaction score
Anyone bought frames from Sundaysunnies2 in Carousell before? They are based in HK. Are they reliable? Their frames prices seem lower than most sellers.

ivxrzexc

Reaction score
Anyone using Zeiss lens here? I have mine for about 2 years and now there's some scratches and the coating also seem to be deteriorating. Wondering how long do they usually last?

But then again I only have 1 pair of spectacles and I wear it all the time even while doing sports, and don't really take good care of it.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Zeiss lens here? I have mine for about 2 years and now there's some scratches and the coating also seem to be deteriorating. Wondering how long do they usually last?

But then again I only have 1 pair of spectacles and I wear it all the time even while doing sports, and don't really take good care of it.

Hi, The lenses last as long as how you can take care of it. Wiping with your Tshirt, Tissue or not washing it after you are done with your activities would lead to faster damage to your lenses.

Thus it depends on the user themselves but 2 years is not too bad.

ahger_2311

Reaction score
Today I went to another optical shop and recheck my eye.
Realized my old lens (8 days old) is overpower by 75 degrees for astig and axis off..

My sph is -600 and cyl -200.. is 1.67 index sufficient?
Cuz I wan blue protect and transition, not available in 1.74..

And has anyone tried Zeus’s single vision superb/superb Asiana or Zeiss vision performance lenses? Any idea usually how many percent discount off the rrp?

adgjl321

Reaction score
Thoughts on Oliver People frames?

Is there such a big difference between normal lenses vs the branded ones?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.