Genting FAQ - Part 3

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Theme park hotel quite far right especially if u ganna rooms from the further wing
But if we have big group then thats the only hotel option? Not keen in apartment

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Compare the price. Eg if you have 6 person, it is cheaper to book 2 triple room or Y5 triple room at First World Hotel than 1 sixer room at Theme Park Hotel. Best to book all rooms under 1 order so that the system can prompt whether you want connecting room.

Besides the longer walk, the biggest inconvenience of theme park hotel is that there is a stretch where you need to cross the road and without shelter. It is cold at night and worse if it rains.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

givansingapore

Reaction score
if you believe the game is controlled, just bet on the side with less amount every time then you will win.

If banker total bet is 5000, player total bet is 500, buy player loh. :s13:
So easy. :s13:

Then you'll start seeing a series of 7 ties until no one knows what to bet. 😂

poorbear

Reaction score
haha if u are serious, i advise you don't do that... for your own good.

I could have chose to keep quiet about what I know, but i chose not to, because I don't want others to get tricked... so just take the guide with a pinch of salt ok :)

Last edited:

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Compare the price. Eg if you have 6 person, it is cheaper to book 2 triple room or Y5 triple room at First World Hotel than 1 sixer room at Theme Park Hotel. Best to book all rooms under 1 order so that the system can prompt whether you want connecting room.

Besides the longer walk, the biggest inconvenience of theme park hotel is that there is a stretch where you need to cross the road and without shelter. It is cold at night and worse if it rains.
Actually we have 6 adult and 2 kids le
Was think 1 sixer room for 3A2C
1 quad room for 3A
The unshelter stretch is quite long? I saw in google map street view should be 1min to 2min walk?

Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 quad room for 3A
The unshelter stretch is quite long? I tot is just a 2 way zebra crossing thats unsheltered?

From what I recall, the part that need to walk outside is some part sheltered and crossing the road unsheltered. The part that is sheltered is like our HDB shelter ie you will still have to face the cold at night.

But from the photo of the rooms, theme park hotel does look better. I am sure the kids will like the sixer room better and fight for the bed at "level 2". Y5 triple room is quite cram. Don't even have a chair to sit.

And it might be nice to get to walk in the cold for an experience.

Last edited:

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
From what I recall, the part that need to walk outside is some part sheltered and crossing the road unsheltered. The part that is sheltered is like our HDB shelter ie you will still have to face the cold at night.

But from the photo of the rooms, theme park hotel does look better. I am sure the kids will like the sixer room better and fight for the bed at "level 2". Y5 triple room is quite cram. Don't even have a chair to sit.

And it might be nice to get to walk in the cold for an experience.
Thanks!!
Will list down some of the pros and cons to let my family members decide

Ringwraiths

Master Member
Reaction score
if you hv a budget of sing dollar 100 for tpt to & fro,
you can try this -
take a train (convenient) to jbsentral sgd$5 but u can get at rm5 if u know how.
take the senai airport yellow bus rm8.
fly by airasia abt sgd25 can be lesser no more custom to clear.
reach klia2 take aerobus rm35 all the way to genting.
if stop at awana skyway cable car up abt rm7
repeat when you come down.
but you can skip johore by flying direct back to spore.
dont know abt you, i find escaping the woodlands and jb customs the most satisfying.

Yup thats another alternative but i will not take the flight cos hmm i sent in the west area..thats why not a big fan to travel to Changi and back haha

Normally i will take nite coach so swee swee early morning

givansingapore

Reaction score
1 quad room for 3A
The unshelter stretch is quite long? I saw in google map street view should be 1min to 2min walk?

The stretch of walk is about 5 mins and you need to talk a different set of lift to access the floor of your room if it is not at the interconnecting level. The good thing about the mountain or garden view room is that it is far from the noise of rehearsal emitted from Arena of Stars at night or day.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
The stretch of walk is about 5 mins and you need to talk a different set of lift to access the floor of your room if it is not at the interconnecting level. The good thing about the mountain or garden view room is that it is far from the noise of rehearsal emitted from Arena of Stars at night or day.
Yeah saw some review that mentioned this, must see heng suay liao
And i realised the theme park hotel is almost twice more ex compare with first world

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Theme park hotel quite far right especially if u ganna rooms from the further wing
But if we have big group then thats the only hotel option? Not keen in apartment

i would say yes if family of 5-6 pax
3 queen size bed and all stay in 1 room
distance during holiday always not an issue as u will clock >10000 steps a day for sure

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup thats another alternative but i will not take the flight cos hmm i sent in the west area..thats why not a big fan to travel to Changi and back haha

Normally i will take nite coach so swee swee early morning

bro u reach 13 or 14 morning ?

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 quad room for 3A

only option is theme park
u will regret if stay FWH ...even world club room not enough to sleep

wif kids guess will be back hotel by 10 pm
adult wan gamble just cross the 50m road to b5
look right look left look right look left than quickly walk across....only problem is raining + foggy sometimes

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

look right look left look right look left than quickly walk across....only problem is raining + foggy sometimes

But if I remember correctly that B5 route quite deserted. Safer route would be to sky Avenue (near arena of stars) then take escalators all the way up and come out near KFC and McDonald's.

givansingapore

Reaction score
But if I remember correctly that B5 route quite deserted. Safer route would be to sky Avenue (near arena of stars) then take escalators all the way up and come out near KFC and McDonald's.

The skyavenue path is cordoned off after 10pm. It's safer bet to go by the B5 as the eatery and taxi stand is opened 24hrs with people.

samcw2

Master Member
Reaction score
It is the road that worry me, cars are travelling at high speed, some don't even bother to stop at zebra crossing.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

b5 so crowded whr got ghost?
old town and canteen 24 hr operation

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is the road that worry me, cars are travelling at high speed, some don't even bother to stop at zebra crossing.

u 1st time boleh land?
me also dun stop zebra x-ing sometime and all car burning carbon / clocking car top speeds along NSHW

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks man
Ya with kids sure back hotel earlier
Another group most likely gambling trip for them
Will take the recommended b5 route
Will try to venture the vsvs24 bro recommended route as well in the day

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.