Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, if you are looking at those pay once for 'lifetime' VPN type of provider, you are only at wasting your hard earn money. Never go for those 'lifetime' promo. You'll get shi*ty service. If money not an issue, go for expressvpn. Else look for nordvpn, cyberghost, surfshark etc.

shachok86

Reaction score
Guys, if you are looking at those pay once for 'lifetime' VPN type of provider, you are only at wasting your hard earn money. Never go for those 'lifetime' promo. You'll get shi*ty service. If money not an issue, go for expressvpn. Else look for nordvpn, cyberghost, surfshark etc.

I got windscribe lifetime acct and so far speed have been better than nord. Even use it for my asus router and my overall speed still as good.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

windscribe has been serving well..
considering the price pple gotten it at.. stacksocial lifetime sales.
usage has more than covered cost..

also ... even purevpn lifetime has been working very well for geolock stuffs.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really? Purevpn? Very shi*ty leh..

windscribe has been serving well..
considering the price pple gotten it at.. stacksocial lifetime sales.
usage has more than covered cost..

also ... even purevpn lifetime has been working very well for geolock stuffs.

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
0.40usd per month.. :D

unlimited device connection. dedicated us, canada, uk, jp Netflix servers.. :D

6rUEcfM.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

where to get the deal? checked stacksocial but didnt see any.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've tried both "top tiered" VPNs like expressvpn and NordVPN.. speed sucks for both and both I requested for refund within a week.. purevpn was one of the first few I've tried due to the low cost but it's even worse.. based in HK and had user data logging saga previously..

now it's just windscribe at 0.40usd per month mostly for Netflix purposes..

but my daily driver configured on my router and for speed/torrenting purposes I always go back to PIA.. for me it's one of the fastest and most reliable in terms of speed and server uptime.. their torrenting servers with free port forwarding feature also have surprising fast speed despite the distance..

but sadly I have to say that if you are not their existing subscriber, I don't think their price is competitive anymore given their recent price increase.. but luckily I also bought the 3 years plan which works out to be 1.28usd per month.

another thing is that customer service for both the above mentioned VPN is not very impressive. that's one caveat that I have to mention. but although you get a useless robot on windscribe's website, their CS and developers are actually quite helpful and responsive on Reddit. they have a subreddit which is way better that the chat bot.

PIA on the other hand removed both their livechat and forums on their website.. you have to log issues by submitting request tickets. but to be honest, I've never had to contact the CS for both VPN so far since both have quite easy to use apps for most platforms out there.

so windscribe for Netflix and geo-unblocking - 0.40usd
and PIA for daily use / home coverage via router / torrenting - 1.28usd

= 1.68usd per month..

still cheaper than paying 3 years for NordVPN to get 1.99usd and slower speed.

atI4lkO.jpg

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i've left my PIA untouched since i acquired windscribe subscription since i can't remember how long ago.

i've still got a running PIA sub that last another half a year.. no one wants to take over. pft lol.

Subscribed since: November 27, 2017 06:19
Subscribed until: November 27, 2019 06:19
(expires in 193 days)

sidenote. u can also join windscribe's discord.. support from fellow users are almost instant from personal exp.

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just subscribed to Surfshark after doing some intensive research. Able to netflix and climb bukit Timah. The official website is now running a sale at USD 1.99 per month. Don't know the sale will last for how long.

Pm me to know how to get further discounts. I managed to subscribed at USD 1.20 per month.

Hi, pls PM discount code. Thanks.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have good lobang for these 2 VPN.

NordVPN at USD1.20 per month
Surfshark at USD0.99 per month

physistry

Reaction score
Am using Surfshark VPN.

The recent update to 2.3.1 caused a very slow start to connect to "singapore" server. Prior to the update, it takes around 1-3 second to connect. After the update, even after 3-4 minute still put the "still connecting". Tried cancel, exit and re-connect but same thing persists. No issues with other countries so far, only sg.

And when I am able to connect to "sg" server, it used to be 270-340mbps. Now after the update, it is only able to achieve 30-40mbps. Even connection to australia or HK provides 200-230mbps. anyone has any clue to this or fix?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am using Surfshark VPN.

The recent update to 2.3.1 caused a very slow start to connect to "singapore" server. Prior to the update, it takes around 1-3 second to connect. After the update, even after 3-4 minute still put the "still connecting". Tried cancel, exit and re-connect but same thing persists. No issues with other countries so far, only sg.

And when I am able to connect to "sg" server, it used to be 270-340mbps. Now after the update, it is only able to achieve 30-40mbps. Even connection to australia or HK provides 200-230mbps. anyone has any clue to this or fix?
don't have a surfshark acct but based on what you stated.. may be due to poor routing of traffic tunnel.. try to raise a support ticket to their CSO to highlight this and see if they can look into the issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.