Huawei Matebook X Pro

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely a no-no to purchase this. Once Microsoft withdraw the licence for Huawei to utilise Windows OS, the laptop will be considered running pirated OS, which if used in SMEs, can lead to a lot of fines or penalties

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely a no-no to purchase this. Once Microsoft withdraw the licence for Huawei to utilise Windows OS, the laptop will be considered running pirated OS, which if used in SMEs, can lead to a lot of fines or penalties

Good opportunity to buy cheap for home use though haha. Imagine matebook x pro resale price as people get rid of them or retailer clearing stocks

2011 HP fire sale anyone ? https://www.techgoondu.com/2011/08/31/hp-touchpad-goes-for-s118-at-comex-singapore-fire-sale/?amp

Last edited:

Lovekpopdrama

Reaction score
Just when I thought of getting the latest model. Any alternative that can compete with huawei in terms of spec and weight?

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will avoid previous gen MateBook X Pro.. If you read online, many units suffer from loose trackpad and overheating.. High temperature destroys electronics earlier. And the lack of warranty in Singapore may be a concern.. Furthermore, the Huawei USA saga.. Better to wait for more clarity.. I think Huawei recognised the overheating problem and changed the fan design for the 2019 model.

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wonder if they will still sell at next week PC show??

Wish they would, maybe even give discount to clear stock. Some would still buy due to matebook hardware / price ratio. Not everyone overly concerned with US ban, can always install Linux if need be.

Last edited:

White Shader13

Reaction score
I asked the sales staff at the Huawei booth in CEE. The guy said tentatively the laptops are on hold pending further decision from the senior management.

I'm planning to snag one in China.

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will avoid previous gen MateBook X Pro.. If you read online, many units suffer from loose trackpad and overheating.. High temperature destroys electronics earlier. And the lack of warranty in Singapore may be a concern.. Furthermore, the Huawei USA saga.. Better to wait for more clarity.. I think Huawei recognised the overheating problem and changed the fan design for the 2019 model.

I dun hv such issues
The only issue I hv is the charging brick.
only the HW charging brick works for me

Using 3rd party 60w ones like ugreen n other brands gave me 'not charging' Or at best, intermittent charging

tutonic

Reaction score
I dun hv such issues
The only issue I hv is the charging brick.
only the HW charging brick works for me

Using 3rd party 60w ones like ugreen n other brands gave me 'not charging' Or at best, intermittent charging

You should try the one I'm using. So far no problems with charging. I've been using it since January, 5 days a week, no problem. It's only 48w but works just fine. I don't notice any slow charging or anything like that, despite it being only 48w. Bonus is, there's a second USB A port to charge other stuff concurrently. Just to note. I'm using this charger, but the USB C cable, I still use the Huawei one that's included. If you're having problems with PD chargers not charging your laptop, it could be a cable problem, and not so much a charger problem.

https://s.lazada.sg/s.UqSP

Last edited:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine got some minor issue,
When using Bluetooth mouse, the cursor will sometimes hang for a short while.
The hinge loosen and the screen doesn’t hold. But I open and tighten the screw will do.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.