New EC at Sumang Walk

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't expect Sumang EC to be low priced. CDL always charge at high price. Why? Because they are a recognised brand.

My take is Sumang will be at least $1.2k psf average.

1.2k buy ec, siao bo, moreover at that location? :eek:

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hdb 5rm sobf already hit 800k... why ec cannot be 1.2k psf?

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Gaga hoot. After MOP, can easily make 300k.

That’s the minimum you should expect for 5% annualized gain. After deducting interest payments for mortgage, it will be negligible. Make 300k for this after paying $1,200psf haha, it’s good to have a dream :).

skizzer

Reaction score
It’s probably gg to be priced at 1.1-1.2k psf initially.

Then the take up will be so bad that CDL wakes up and adjust the price down.

Even 1.1 is poor value compared to Watertown pricing.

All those who quote how EC price has trend in past five years clearly do not understand nor study the market properly, or prob r just real estate agents trying to troll.

EC price gained so much so quickly becoz of closing of arbitrage betweenness EC and PC price. Now that the gap has become low single digit/negligible, EC market trend will likely follow PC pricing, which is terrible if u follow the market, and study the two listed real estate agent sales volume on SGX.

Those who keep insisting that developer will not sell below cost, please go n study the property market in late 90s. And pls realise that there’s five year restriction and QC charge now compared to the past.

Stop dreaming. Wake up.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
CDl may have market power and good branding but they are not the kind who will rip buyers off. My prediction is $1090psf average which is alr a considerable rise from half a year ago.

$1.2k psf is just crazy. What is the point of EC then. If it does launch at 1.2k psf, you can look forward to saying goodbye to the EC scheme soon.

Yes, it should be launched at around 1090 psf and selling well too.. and CDL will slowly raise price 1-2years later until sold out.. should eventually sell at 1200psf at the later stage

AlohaBeach

Reaction score
Yes, it should be launched at around 1090 psf and selling well too.. and CDL will slowly raise price 1-2years later until sold out.. should eventually sell at 1200psf at the later stage

If people really pay 1,200psf for EC then they deserve to lose money when the market goes awry. No sympathy.

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In 2010, new EC set new record of 750psf after many years, back then this price is considered high in OCR. Thereafter were all surrounding PC benchmarked this EC pricing.

Now, again they are the vanguard to push the limit.

m1kid85

Master Member
Reaction score
My opinion... if buy EC to stay is alright. If want to buy EC now to flip is a Nono for me.

Very hard to make money cos now these new EC location is no gd and too pricy

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
If people really pay 1,200psf for EC then they deserve to lose money when the market goes awry. No sympathy.

Hmm if no sell then no lose money lah.. but I do agree 1200psf is quite expensive. Unless today resale HDB also go up to 800k for locations near EC launch

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm if no sell then no lose money lah.. but I do agree 1200psf is quite expensive. Unless today resale HDB also go up to 800k for locations near EC launch

Yup. We all know there’s so much supply of hdb in PG/SK, and they are one of the cheapest on the island.

Scylla

Reaction score
EC at 1200psf is really cheap at the current market and heavily subsidized. although 800psf would be ideal to buy at.

just look at some PC easily selling out at twice the psf.

hope this helps.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
EC at 1200psf is really cheap at the current market and heavily subsidized. although 800psf would be ideal to buy at.

just look at some PC easily selling out at twice the psf.

hope this helps.

Fine if you want to compare to current new launches (though they are overpriced to begin with).. What price is park botania and treasure tampines going for? Is $1200 still considered "heavily subsidized" and "really cheap"? The difference between EC and PC launch price is now less that 8% (if sumang launch at $1200).

Which PC is "easily selling out" at "twice the psf"? Where are their locations? Punggol or Sengkang?

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw agents have started to market them. Looks like going to launch soo.

db2013

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi If anyone is interested in any new condo sales, do give me a chance to work out the best deal for you. Can contact me or drop me a text at 98299672. Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.