[ICYMI]HBO Chernobyl is jin ho kua!

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's as big as a house, burns 20 litres of fuel every hour, puts out a shi7load of smoke and noise, and cuts an apple into three pieces?

A soviet machine made to cut apple into four pieces! =:p

Ottoke

Reaction score
it's 3 episode liao... and yes, very well made show. especially their makeup for the bodies suffering from radiation poisoning.

i love the show's tagline: What is the cost of lies?

They managed to find a decomissioned nuclear power plant that resembled the actual Chernobyl power plant... and also the place to act as the town of Pripyat

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They managed to find a decomissioned nuclear power plant that resembled the actual Chernobyl power plant... and also the place to act as the town of Pripyat

the only thing that could have made the show even better was to do it in russian with english subs, watching it in english makes it weird... and every now and then, there is russian accent english... a little not match

ooolong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Watched the first episode last week, nearly fell asleep. But will try to watch it after consolidating all the rest of the season.

Ottoke

Reaction score
the only thing that could have made the show even better was to do it in russian with english subs

You think Russia themselves will do it? Lol

Did you see the part where the fireman's body was rotting, his mouth and nose had gangrene

His wife was pregnant and I am interested to see whether they will show her deformed baby or not

When Khomyuk went to interview the power plant workers to find out what caused the explosion, she mentioned that their faces were falling off. They didn't show that part though

AhhHoNG

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the only regret this show is the absence of russians. A russian event with no russians hmmm. I was expecting a Narcos kind of drama. Spanish but with english subtitle.

Bunknifer

Banned
Reaction score
Very sad story de ... all the first fire fighters do not know what they dealing with when they ghost in :sad:

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the only thing that could have made the show even better was to do it in russian with english subs, watching it in english makes it weird... and every now and then, there is russian accent english... a little not match

Actually the actors were told to speak in their own accent. Listen from 10:20, explains why they did what they did:

Ottoke

Reaction score
Very sad story de ... all the first fire fighters do not know what they dealing with when they ghost in :sad:

That guy who picked up the graphite... he got burned slowly after that. Think he died within a week

sizzy6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"ok now i how a nuclear reactor works. i dont need you"

lol

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Watched the first episode last week, nearly fell asleep. But will try to watch it after consolidating all the rest of the season.

i recommend wait until after 3rd june then watch all 5 episodes in 1 shot will be much better, although each episode doesn't have a cliff hanger. it's more like a 5 hour movie.

i watched the 1st 3 back to back, not going to watch till after last episode is aired, then binge all 5 again.

Ottoke

Reaction score
i recommend wait until after 3rd june then watch all 5 episodes in 1 shot will be much better, although each episode doesn't have a cliff hanger. it's more like a 5 hour movie.

i watched the 1st 3 back to back, not going to watch till after last episode is aired, then binge all 5 again.

I like the music. It's like scratching filled with radiation

enigmastar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is an excellent show if you are interested in history, science and former soviet union crisis management. Its slow paced, but you get to enjoy the former soviet union grim scenery. If you like fast paced version of it, you could go youtube to watch bbc version. Its under an hour but of cause poorer visual quality. This tv series is based on the bbc version, even the scene and dialogue is similar to an extent.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.