Genting FAQ - Part 3

poorbear

Reaction score

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Compare the price. Eg if you have 6 person, it is cheaper to book 2 triple room or Y5 triple room at First World Hotel than 1 sixer room at Theme Park Hotel. Best to book all rooms under 1 order so that the system can prompt whether you want connecting room.

Besides the longer walk, the biggest inconvenience of theme park hotel is that there is a stretch where you need to cross the road and without shelter. It is cold at night and worse if it rains.

Where to book the hotel rooms? :o Through genting rws website or other website? :o Please assist I dun have experience booking genting hotel. :o

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks man
Ya with kids sure back hotel earlier
Another group most likely gambling trip for them
Will take the recommended b5 route
Will try to venture the vsvs24 bro recommended route as well in the day

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

You drive to genting or take the coach? :o How and where do you book the hotel rooms? :o

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
You drive to genting or take the coach? :o How and where do you book the hotel rooms? :o
Booked a 10 seater with driver for the trip
For the rooms, have not booked yet
Tried the official website but dont allow booking of multiple rooms leh duno why
So maybe go for agoda since the price not much diff, agoda still can get shopback

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried the official website but dont allow booking of multiple rooms leh duno why
So maybe go for agoda since the price not much diff, agoda still can get shopback

How to do a shopback for agoda? :o How much for the transportation? :o

givansingapore

Reaction score

Just complete booking of one room in the Genting website before you proceed booking of another room. Each person can book up to 2 rooms for the same date of check in.

givansingapore

Reaction score
Anybody knows if there is such a thing as day use room at GH.
Seen some sign before about 3 hours use in FWH.

There are short stay rooms in First World Hotel but you have to check for availability at specific counter. Think the charges are pretty ex for short stay. Might as well book for the one night.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Book at RWS cheaper or go through Agoda? :o Agoda Home like those airbnb type is good at genting midland? :o

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where to book the hotel rooms? :o Through genting rws website or other website? :o Please assist I dun have experience booking genting hotel. :o

For coach tickets, you can find the various pickup and drop-off points and compare prices here. https://www.busonlineticket.com/.

For hotel, First World Hotel is the cheapest. Many room types. Standard room does not come with kettle so you have to go to the corridor to collect water. Other room types have kettle to boil water.

I assume you are not Genting member, compare the price at eg agoda and Genting official website https://book.rwgenting.com/member2/HotelApp/HotelList.aspx? Use the room calendar feature for easy checking of the daily price for the selected whole month.

You can also compare if cheaper to buy room and coach package from travel agent. And if you decide that you want to take Transtar coach, check to see if it is worth paying transtar membership to get discount.

iphone88

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first time to drive to genting.
1. Where to park my car in genting?
2. Which hotel is most recommended?

Just want to find a cooling place for rest.
Weather is so hot now.

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My temporary plan to go KL for 1 day, then go up Genting. Going during 15th June to 17th June.

Any1 with recommendations on places to go? KL staying in either Parkroyal/Park Royal Serviced Suites or Dorsett (Studio Queen). Budget is around $120~~ range, looking for a nice bathtub and view to relax.
Genting, wanted to stay in Theme Park Hotel or Resort Hotel, but goddamn no more normal 2pax room. All left with quadruple room that costs $230~~. No choice but to stay First World Hotel...

15th June (Saturday) - KL Tour
7am-12pm: Bus from SG to KL, drop off at around Berjaya Times Square (WTS Travel, $40SGD)
12pm onwards: Drop off luggage/check in.
Afternoon to evening probably visiting Pavilion and Petaling Street. Not too sure where or what's nice to eat for lunch.
Night: Probably some Rooftop Bars for some cocktails? Can't decide on which 1, need some recommendations.

16th June (Sunday) - Genting Tour
8am - 9.45am - Wakeup and Tour around for breakfast. Any recommendations for breakfast around my hotel areas?
9.45am-10.30am - Checkout and Grab to Batu Cave for RM30? (Might skip, depending on weight of my backpack)
10.30am-11.30am - Walk around Batu Cave see see look look
11.30am-12.30am - Grab to Genting Skyway. RM60?? How much is the toll?
12.30-1.15pm - Cable Car up. 8 ringgit?
Spend remaining day in Genting, no idea what to do lol or what's nice to eat there.

17th June (Monday)
Checkout and take 12.30pm bus from Genting back to SG. (WTS Travel $32)

---
No KL thread to ask, might as well ask in Genting thread =[

Last edited:

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first time to drive to genting.
1. Where to park my car in genting?
2. Which hotel is most recommended?

Just want to find a cooling place for rest.
Weather is so hot now.

Yeah I also want to know.:o anyone stays Airbnb?:o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.