Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

lululili

Reaction score
Not sure about difference between 2016 and 2018 model but if you buy the kindle yourself, do note that Amazon USA has very good service and warranty support. If your kindle is spoilt (touch wood), you can contact Amazon USA for help. A few years ago my kindle screen was spoilt and i contacted their CS. Sent back the old kindle and they sent me a new one (dunno refurbished or not... it looks new :s13:) and reimbursed me my shipping charges. I don't think you are able to do that if you buy from Amazon Japan unless you know the language?

Thank you tofubean! After your explanation I have the impulse to purchase 1 immediately! 😁

jianlee

Master Member
Reaction score
Is ezbuy still reliable? Amazon can ship to them?

Do I need to tell ezbuy to repack smaller?

Lost touch, long time never buy from Amazon but may need a Paperwhite soon.

fairfair

Reaction score
Is ezbuy still reliable? Amazon can ship to them?

Do I need to tell ezbuy to repack smaller?

Lost touch, long time never buy from Amazon but may need a Paperwhite soon.

The last generation better.
The new generation got a lot of reflections.

symbiote28

Reaction score
first timer here thinking of getting a kindle. i do read on the go and it's only for that. would the paperwhite 2019 be an overkill? i also read graphic novels which seems the kindle is not the best way to read those due to it's non-color screen. anyone can advise would getting a tablet (7") be better? i already have an ipad pro 10.5 but it's just too big to take out and read it in public.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi..
Anyone tried the link to buy Amazon Kindle at $88usd?
Kindle $88 Amazon

it says shipping to singapore but when i select the country, it says not available for shipping??

Anyway, is kindle recommended for kids? Isnt it bad for your eyes when they are lookign at the monitor/screen instead of a book?

jianlee

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi..
Anyone tried the link to buy Amazon Kindle at $88usd?
Kindle $88 Amazon

it says shipping to singapore but when i select the country, it says not available for shipping??

Anyway, is kindle recommended for kids? Isnt it bad for your eyes when they are lookign at the monitor/screen instead of a book?

Amazon USA don't ship directly to Singapore. I'm using ezbuy's ship-for-me service.

It's good for eyes as Kindle electronic ink technology is close to normal ink on paper. Definitely many times better with less eyes strain than looking at a typically bright tablet LCD screen.

tapiocamypearl

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get amazon to ship to SG though? Or should I order and have it posted to fren in states and get her to post it to me in SG?

sunshinemou

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first timer here thinking of getting a kindle. i do read on the go and it's only for that. would the paperwhite 2019 be an overkill? i also read graphic novels which seems the kindle is not the best way to read those due to it's non-color screen. anyone can advise would getting a tablet (7") be better? i already have an ipad pro 10.5 but it's just too big to take out and read it in public.

Graphic novel on kindle
h7KQ59e.jpg

ekin101

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get amazon to ship to SG though? Or should I order and have it posted to fren in states and get her to post it to me in SG?

I'm getting my kindle paperwhite delivered tomorrow by ezbuy.. the cheapest "Ship for me from US" service I can find online.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Kindle Oasis is 7"...It will be better than reading on a 7" tablet...If you don't mind reading graphic novels in Black and White like reading manga, I think Oasis will fit your requirement more than the Paperwhite....

xavilee

Reaction score
anyone read chinese 小说? how do you guys push the book to kindle?
or you all just download the book n usb transfer over?

cubeball

Reaction score
Just got my paperwhite but yet to buy any books, my vpn provider just kaput on me. Any recommendations?

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone read chinese 小说? how do you guys push the book to kindle?
or you all just download the book n usb transfer over?

email to your kindle email address, less than 3 mins , your kindle will auto download le. then u can just sort in the collection.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.