Creative Outlier Gold

fmho

Reaction score
I was one of them too. Went in at 12 once nearest door open. I guess I was the 2nd one paying for this product.

So far so good. The sound output lag on youtube but I think its more of youtube ios app problem. Rest of the players/app/games were ok, some had a little noticeable lag too.

If only buying for music then no issue with the lag.

I also purchase the outlier gold, i have paired it with my Huawei Mate 10, am using this at home now, but i still getting intermittent sound drop and disconnection from both left / right earpiece. Similar to the situation at the Creative booth i encountered during testing which the staff said because the surrounding have too many interference. I am starting to wonder if i have gotten a faulty set :mad:

Watzzup

Reaction score
I also purchase the outlier gold, i have paired it with my Huawei Mate 10, am using this at home now, but i still getting intermittent sound drop and disconnection from both left / right earpiece. Similar to the situation at the Creative booth i encountered during testing which the staff said because the surrounding have too many interference. I am starting to wonder if i have gotten a faulty set :mad:
Try reset it and see if the problem still persists..

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score

Did u also try it with your Mate 10at Creative booth? Could be issue with ur Mate 10 instead

Last edited:

fmho

Reaction score
I was one of them too. Went in at 12 once nearest door open. I guess I was the 2nd one paying for this product.

So far so good. The sound output lag on youtube but I think its more of youtube ios app problem. Rest of the players/app/games were ok, some had a little noticeable lag too.

If only buying for music then no issue with the lag.

Try reset it and see if the problem still persists..

Yup did a master reset and problem still persist.

fmho

Reaction score
Did u also try it with your Mate 10at Creative booth? Could be issue with ur Mate 10 instead

I did use my mate 10 at the creative booth to test out. I have another phone samsung note 9 and also have the same problem.

Maximus_XXVIII

Reaction score
I tested the Outlier Gold at Creative's booth yesterday, the staff mentioned there will be intermittent dropouts due to major electronic interference on the show floor and using them during normal circumstances will be fine but he did not allow me to bring the earbuds out for testing which I totally understood.

But the dropouts on the slave earbud was almost permanent, while master earbud had zero dropout during my test (Samsung Note 8, local music file, right master, left slave). I had to remove the master earbud from my ear and move it closer to the slave in order for the slave to start playing music.

Subsequently passed both earbuds to my friend and she mentioned both were working just fine without drop outs :s22:

Now I'm wondering if the dropout on slave was due to the size of my head since the master earbud had to pass data to the slave through my head? I must admit I have large face and head, most sunglasses/caps don't fit me and I used to wear a size 7 3/4 jockey cap while in the army :s13:

Now I'm contemplating if I should buy them as there isn't 14 day return for the Outlier Gold :s11:

fmho

Reaction score
I tested the Outlier Gold at Creative's booth yesterday, the staff mentioned there will be intermittent dropouts due to major electronic interference on the show floor and using them during normal circumstances will be fine but he did not allow me to bring the earbuds out for testing which I totally understood.

But the dropouts on the slave earbud was almost permanent, while master earbud had zero dropout during my test (Samsung Note 8, local music file, right master, left slave). I had to remove the master earbud from my ear and move it closer to the slave in order for the slave to start playing music.

Subsequently passed both earbuds to my friend and she mentioned both were working just fine without drop outs :s22:

Now I'm wondering if the dropout on slave was due to the size of my head since the master earbud had to pass data to the slave through my head? I must admit I have large face and head, most sunglasses/caps don't fit me and I used to wear a size 7 3/4 jockey cap while in the army :s13:

Now I'm contemplating if I should buy them as there isn't 14 day return for the Outlier Gold :s11:

Hi Maximus_XXVIII, i tried out your theory on taking off the master earbud and bring it nearer to the slave and really the dropout issue is gone and connection is much more stable.

gdspd8

Reaction score
Good news!!
I use my Jabra Elite 65t ear tips can be fit nicely on my Outlier Gold earbud. Best it can be charge!! Seem like the charging case earbud hole is bigger. I may wanna order SpinFit CP360Z from Taobao as it is cater for Jabra Elite 65t.

My god! The ear tip is so much better than stock, noise isolation is better now. Stronger base and stronger tonality. This ear tip is not so soft. Definitely win Jabra Elite 65t sound quality. I dun feel like returning the tips to Jabra..

I use it to play VG game in my ipad without any EQ. The soundstage is wider and bass is strong and control with this Jabra ear tip. Will review more if I manage to get and use SpinFit C360Z.
I cannot hear outside sound...

Last edited:

eyeone

Reaction score
Good news!!
I use my Jabra Elite 65t ear tips can be fit nicely on my Outlier Gold earbud. Best it can be charge!! Seem like the charging case earbud hole is bigger. I may wanna order SpinFit CP360Z from Taobao as it is cater for Jabra Elite 65t.

My god! The ear tip is so much better than stock, noise isolation is better now. Stronger base and stronger tonality. This ear tip is not so soft. Definitely win Jabra Elite 65t sound quality. I dun feel like returning the tips to Jabra..

I use it to play VG game in my ipad without any EQ. The soundstage is wider and bass is strong and control with this Jabra ear tip. Will review more if I manage to get and use SpinFit C360Z.

Please let us know if spinfit cp360z fits the case.

I am using spinfit for my other earphones and they fit me quite well.

Watzzup

Reaction score
Good news!!

So creative performed better than jabra?

h4h

Reaction score
i can get close to 12hrs with Gold. however the pecentage on the phone is unreliable i.e. 48% at 9 hrs of usage drop to 15% within 2 hrs. at 15% there will a low batt warning (beep beep + glowing red bud).

for those having problem, when you re-pair/reset remember to delete the previous profile on your phone first. it did the trick for me.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got mine. Sounds great with very good passive noise isolation. The interference was horrendous at CEE but after leaving Suntec, I have not experienced any dropped signals and tested mic to be clear, though a little soft outdoors based on feedback from the conversation.

It is a natural phenomenon when you use these kinds of buds at very crowded places.
Another place that I notice that there will be interference is at those double decker bus exit door area.

md iszaki

Reaction score
you guys influenced me to get a set! went for a jog at bedok resv yesterday and these buds stuck to my ears like a magnet. Definitely feel the weight of the buds but it is still comfortable.

today is day 3, it does not require charging yet.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you guys influenced me to get a set! went for a jog at bedok resv yesterday and these buds stuck to my ears like a magnet. Definitely feel the weight of the buds but it is still comfortable.

today is day 3, it does not require charging yet.

Do you mean to say the charger haven't charged yet, or your buds never put inside charger for 3 days?

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good news!!

thanks for the info, are you referring to the Jabra Elite 65t EarGels on their official website?

May very well get myself a pack along with the SpinFit for a try

Quite fortunate that Outlier Gold fits me pretty well now, but always good to explore options

Edit: Purchased the CP360 in S/SS for almost SGD20 from Taobao already, waiting for it to arrive will share with everyone again if it fits, but based on what was shared on the Internet it will fit

Last edited:

gdspd8

Reaction score
thanks for the info, are you referring to the Jabra Elite 65t EarGels on their official website?

May very well get myself a pack along with the SpinFit for a try

Quite fortunate that Outlier Gold fits me pretty well now, but always good to explore options

Edit: Purchased the CP360 in S/SS for almost SGD20 from Taobao already, waiting for it to arrive will share with everyone again if it fits, but based on what was shared on the Internet it will fit

I use medium size usually. Do you think I should get M/S package or like urs S/SS?

My Jabra tip size is
Base diameter is abt 12mm
Height is 65mm.

Spinfit height for M/S is 8.5mm and 8mm..damn tall.

Last edited:

soichiro

Master Member
Reaction score
Just received mine from Creative online store. Have to say the X-Mini Liberty sound is almost comparable, the Outlier Gold is clearer, but on some songs it's hard to tell.

Of course, buy this for the battery life. If you're on a budget, the X-Mini is also a very good choice (smaller, nicer designed earbuds too).

Last edited:

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be getting my salary probably this Friday. No sure if they will be setting up a booth for the IT Show this weekend...

The Creative store closed down long ago. Not sure where I can go buy. Hopefully Challenger is selling it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.