Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

scholar88

Reaction score
Which SIM only Plan is the best for mainstream telcos?

I don’t like virtual telco like CirclesLife or Gomo which are paperless and must be by recurring bill payment. Their data may be unstable and slow.

Singtel
- 15GB Data
- 150 Mins Outgoing Calls
- 500 SMS
- Caller Number Display
- 12 Months Contract
$25.00

Starhub
- 15GB Data
- 100 Mins Outgoing Calls
- 0 SMS
- Weekend Data
- No Contract
$20

M1
- 15GB Data
- 100 SMS
- Weekend Data
- 12 Months Contract
$20

SuperDecker

Reaction score
Circles is a separate different company from m1, with a mnvo license. Gomo is a sub brand from singtel. Visit gomo website and scroll to the bottom, see the singtel crn number. I've been on Singtel and gomo, absolutely no difference in network coverage and speed.

I don’t like virtual telco like CirclesLife or Gomo which are paperless and must be by recurring bill payment. Their data may be unstable and slow.

Singtel
- 15GB Data
- 500 SMS
- Caller Number Display
- 12 Months Contract
$25.00

Starhub
- 15GB Data
- 0 SMS
- Weekend Data
- No Contract
$20

M1
- 15GB Data
- 100 SMS
- Weekend Data
- 12 Months Contract
$20

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Singtel
- 15GB Data
- 500 SMS
- Caller Number Display
- 12 Months Contract
$25.00

Starhub
- 15GB Data
- 0 SMS
- Weekend Data
- No Contract
$20

M1
- 15GB Data
- 100 SMS
- Weekend Data
- 12 Months Contract
$20

GOMO is not a virtual telco... it is singtel...

regards,
wacky

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
the FAQ for unlimited WhatsApp is still on their website but it does not show when trying to sign up for a new SIM.. I think best to check with them first if it's important for you.

https://circlesasiasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000171593-What-is-Unlimited-WhatsApp-?mobile_site=true

if anyone else needs CIS codes for sign up can let me know.. I still have a couple of them.
6qYhvGXl.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
what does circles CIS give?

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
I am deciding on a sim only plan.
1 care about a couple things in this order.

1. Data amount. I would think about 20GB is more than enough. But of course the more the merrier
2. Caller ID
3. Some talk time. Sometimes there is a need to call for work etc and its nice to have some buffer
4. Some SMS. Sometimes you need to send a couple of sms and its irritating to need to pay the 5 cents per sms.
5. Roaming. I don't travel that often but its nice to have. I guess buying a local sim is an okay alternative.

My options I am seeing are.

1. M1 $20 plan. I am with M1 now (CIS plan). and have no problem with them. With a contract and safra/the add on the data should be enough especially with weekend free.
2. Circle. They have enough data and have most of what I need. But roaming is a bit expensive
3. Singtel. Not sure if they still offer the $20 for 20. That seems like a good option. Gomo seems like the way but the issues they have is putting me off a bit.
4. Giga. The features are good. only issue is the roaming is limited and starhub coverage is a bit more suspect.

Any one has advise they can give?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am deciding on a sim only plan.
1 care about a couple things in this order.

1. Data amount. I would think about 20GB is more than enough. But of course the more the merrier
2. Caller ID
3. Some talk time. Sometimes there is a need to call for work etc and its nice to have some buffer
4. Some SMS. Sometimes you need to send a couple of sms and its irritating to need to pay the 5 cents per sms.
5. Roaming. I don't travel that often but its nice to have. I guess buying a local sim is an okay alternative.

My options I am seeing are.

1. M1 $20 plan. I am with M1 now (CIS plan). and have no problem with them. With a contract and safra/the add on the data should be enough especially with weekend free.
2. Circle. They have enough data and have most of what I need. But roaming is a bit expensive
3. Singtel. Not sure if they still offer the $20 for 20. That seems like a good option. Gomo seems like the way but the issues they have is putting me off a bit.
4. Giga. The features are good. only issue is the roaming is limited and starhub coverage is a bit more suspect.

Any one has advise they can give?

M1 is good tbh

OnePunch!!

Reaction score
Wow still git but the cis code for Cl does ur have any expiry date ?
But cis dint have the $18 Deal right ?
the FAQ for unlimited WhatsApp is still on their website but it does not show when trying to sign up for a new SIM.. I think best to check with them first if it's important for you.

https://circlesasiasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000171593-What-is-Unlimited-WhatsApp-?mobile_site=true

if anyone else needs CIS codes for sign up can let me know.. I still have a couple of them.
6qYhvGXl.jpg

Last edited:

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
The $18 deal is valid as long as you are porting over from another telco. Basically it is the $28 plan with a $10 monthly rebate for 12 months.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 good meh? I switch from singtel 3g classic to m1 ,their 4G speed is even slower than singtel 3G.

Really cheap no good. Good no cheap

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is the best phone to sell to ahbeng shop now on the m1 $70 plan now that they busy lowballing the p30s?

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You travel a lot? If no, then not worth it.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
regular amounts but the difference only $8/mth if you divide away the phone subsidy difference. if 1 year data passport spending more than $100 already worth it because so many more destinations. only difference is only 5gb roaming data

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 good meh? I switch from singtel 3g classic to m1 ,their 4G speed is even slower than singtel 3G.

Really cheap no good. Good no cheap

I switched from singtel 3g classic like you but to circles life which is using M1 network. I find it perfectly fine except for certain areas line underground stations.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they have been sending me the code for God knows how long.. probably close to a year.. and when it's used it just churn new ones..

basically if you sign up for the $28 plan and port in from another Telco, instead of $18 for 12months, you get first 3 months free and $18 for subsequent 9 months.

·       26 GB/mo data for $18 only! [20GB/mo forever + 6GB bonus for a year]
·       First 3 months FREE (capped at $28/mo) [Save $84 on your first 3 months!]
·       $200 device discount [Bill credits of $25 over 8 months]
·       $34 off your registration fee [Pay only $4 to sign up]
·       Free incoming calls forever

nplq2vH.jpg

cS3Z0I3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.