Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

tessina

Reaction score
Anyone know a good source (can be from Taobao etc.) to get these type of desk chair?

460499519.g_400-w_g.jpg

I've tried one overseas (forgot the brand), and found it very comfortable for me - have recurring slip disc and went for Op before. Sitting long time even in other gaming/ergonomic chairs is still uncomfortable for me but this one seems OK.

TIA!

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ergonomic chairs like HM Aeron are uncomfortable at the start. This is because they force you to adjust your body posture to straighten the spine. After a while, you will get used to it.

You might want to consider investing in an Aeron. Cheaper than recurring medical bills. :)

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2020 Secretlab series out. Lol they call the P.U leather version 2.0. I think too many complains they finally got their thumbs out of their ass and did something.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2020 Secretlab series out. Lol they call the P.U leather version 2.0. I think too many complains they finally got their thumbs out of their ass and did something.

P.U. leather will not be as good as real leather. Let's see if this can do better than the earlier version.

Oranger

Reaction score
Anyone know a good source (can be from Taobao etc.) to get these type of desk chair?

460499519.g_400-w_g.jpg

I've tried one overseas (forgot the brand), and found it very comfortable for me - have recurring slip disc and went for Op before. Sitting long time even in other gaming/ergonomic chairs is still uncomfortable for me but this one seems OK.

TIA!

I'm still using this chair, gotten in from vHive bout 4 to 5 years back?

I actually also gotten the newer Aeron Remastered bout half a year ago but totally cant get used to it. In the end, sold off Aeron and went back to this.. :o

tessina

Reaction score
I'm still using this chair, gotten in from vHive bout 4 to 5 years back?

I actually also gotten the newer Aeron Remastered bout half a year ago but totally cant get used to it. In the end, sold off Aeron and went back to this.. :o

Ya someone told me VHive have but I went to check, they dont seem to carry these type anymore

InnBiscuit

Reaction score

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-secretlab-omega-2020-review-fit-king

According to Secretlab, the new Prime 2.0 PU leather is up to four times more durable than regular PU leather, going purely by metrics such as cycles passed on abrasion tests. The company teamed up with no less than A*STAR to create the new PU leather, so you know there's actually some science behind it. At the end of the day, the company wanted a material that could surpass existing industry standards.

For starters, the issues of sweat and humidity aren't generally accounted for during laboratory testing. To deal with this, Secretlab worked with A*STAR to come up with a series of new and rigorous tests that could simulate real-world conditions. These include immersion in an acidic solution to mimic exposure to perspiration, followed by placement in a humidity chamber set to 70°C and 95% relative humidity. For some perspective, that's pretty close to what we get in Singapore, where the mean annual relative humidity is somewhere around 83.9%, a figure which can increase to up to 100% during prolonged periods of rain. Finally, the leather was put through 200,000 cycles on the Martindale Abrasion Test Machine.

looks like they really got off their asses woh :s12:

spencert

Reaction score
My Ikea Marcus office chair reached its life span after many years. Initially, I was just looking for an ordinary mesh chair and almost pull the trigger on a UMD High End Fully Ergonomic Full Mesh Chair Modern Executive Chair ( A8 & A9 ) (3 Years Warranty/Free Installation) $299.00 on Lazada. Then I thought that I should do some research.

After I read through this thread and other related threads on Herman Miller, I decided to hunt for a used HM Aeron Classic with fully loaded options.

Took me 3 days of hunting but I managed to find a 2015 Herman Miller Aeron fully loaded at a decent price of $730. It looks almost brand new too! Imagine after using for another 7-8 years, I may still be able to sell at $400 thereabouts. Can't beat this value.

Also added Engineered Now Mesh Fully Adjustable Headrest at $240. I must say this chair is the most comfortable that I have ever sat on. The quality, comfort and flexibility is just damn shiok. Never pay so much for a chair but I am very pleased with this purchase (gave myself a pat on the back).

Last edited:

mmmbop!

Reaction score
hi guys! am in the market for a replacement chair and was looking at some used models. anyone heard anything about the Haworth EZ65 chairs? or the vitra medapal? not sure if I am better off buying a Markus from Ikea - seems quite comfortable save for the really annoying arm-rests! would appreciate any advice :)

bryanvlo

Reaction score
Hello! Looking for a good mesh chair. Currently using a DX Racer. It's comfy but rather hot.

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
it is an OEM chair (can find exact from taobao) but pricing wise SecretLab never mark up that much. Should be decent? Go test, they should have them readily available for testing.

mmmbop!

Reaction score
So I was extremely lucky and managed to snag a used HM Aeron classic. Should be the older model because the arm height adjustment knobs are wheels which you turn to unlock the height stopper and not levers which you can lift on the newer Classic models. This model also came with only the lumbar pad and not the PostureFit.

I'm 172 and sitting on a size B.

For some reason, I've been having lower back pains after sitting on this chair. When I recline, I also feel a slight pulling sensation on my knee caps, probably caused by the pressure that the chair exerts on my thighs.

Am I doing something wrong? The chair simply does not feel like the panacea to all backaches that its been marketed to be.

Would appreciate any adjustment tips or tips on how to maximise the chair because I really want to like it. hahaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.