Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let me try tonight ...

Am using Surfshark VPN.

The recent update to 2.3.1 caused a very slow start to connect to "singapore" server. Prior to the update, it takes around 1-3 second to connect. After the update, even after 3-4 minute still put the "still connecting". Tried cancel, exit and re-connect but same thing persists. No issues with other countries so far, only sg.

And when I am able to connect to "sg" server, it used to be 270-340mbps. Now after the update, it is only able to achieve 30-40mbps. Even connection to australia or HK provides 200-230mbps. anyone has any clue to this or fix?

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am using Surfshark VPN.

The recent update to 2.3.1 caused a very slow start to connect to "singapore" server. Prior to the update, it takes around 1-3 second to connect. After the update, even after 3-4 minute still put the "still connecting". Tried cancel, exit and re-connect but same thing persists. No issues with other countries so far, only sg.

And when I am able to connect to "sg" server, it used to be 270-340mbps. Now after the update, it is only able to achieve 30-40mbps. Even connection to australia or HK provides 200-230mbps. anyone has any clue to this or fix?
My connection is almost instant.
https://s.amsu.ng/URCqrStin1jN

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

physistry

Reaction score
My connection is almost instant.
https://s.amsu.ng/URCqrStin1jN

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Yeah, sort of to be working for now. Noticed that they do have a couple of SG ip addresses and one of them (the one that starts with 184 or 185), has a considerably slower speed than the other. Gutted we're unable to choose the server ip or something. Only heng suay connect and disconnect. ::s22:

Thanks for the check!

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am trying to get surfshark smart dns to work on samsung tv for netflix. i can view the content but unable to play (got msg that detect am using proxy)

before that, was trying openvpn on asus router. that didn't work as well since Netflix seems to be able to detect proxy use?

Last edited:

dayfornight

Reaction score
Surfshark with Amazon Prime

Surfshark users here, wanna check with you guys does you all have any issues connect Amazon prime video (SG account) with US content ? I can view US content using Android & ISO withSurfshark, but PC site detects I'm using VPN.

Their C.S cannot fix the problem.

Also considering signing up for Netflix, but scare same result as Amazon prime- got blocked.

Unique.Melody

Reaction score
so many VPN options out there, spoilt for choice. but which one to choose when looking for speed, able to bypass geo restriction, able to torrent and stream videos?

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so many VPN options out there, spoilt for choice. but which one to choose when looking for speed, able to bypass geo restriction, able to torrent and stream videos?
bypass geo restrictions, stream videos are very basic features that even free VPN service providers can do..

most paid VPN services have torrent enabled servers.. but few have port forward feature if you need it.

speed depends on many factors, other than your own expectations, it will also depend on your own client device capability, server location, server bandwidth, level of encryption, type of VPN protocol you are using.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.