<RANT> Don't buy anything from courts online.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah stay away from their installment plan. My friend wanted to get a laptop in the past which cost 2k+ but the sales person told him that the installment good cuz pay monthly but after I calculate, its 5k+ which is 2x the price :s13:. Doesn't even make any sense. Even lazada and Qoo10 offer installment plan with 0% interest.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

Don't take their in house installment. Take those from credit card company, no different from those offer by Qoo10.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They kept their installment plan because they know there are people that can't qualify for credit cards and will need the loan. This is just passive income for them.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They kept their installment plan because they know there are people that can't qualify for credit cards and will need the loan. This is just passive income for them.

The effective interest rate on installment plans are usually quite horrendous, unless it is one of those bank zero interest rate plans.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That is why their focus is on this as well as physical store.
Online store they try to woo customer give you coupon
to buy.

Sorry if I say this, for electronics best go down take a look
and buy. Don't be lazy, thinking can just click than it will come.
Online maybe cheap but:

- What if other retailers offer cheaper price?
- Does it suit you than just a pic you are looking at.
- Do you know got any bundle or not or even discount.

I know these days everything is online but some retailers still
focus on physical goods rather than e-commerce.
So far electronics I buy from electronic store usually the sales
will give me discount.

Even my new 4K TV, Courts gave me some discount as well as
voucher and free HDMI cable. Can you get this from online?
Not likely.

I do buy from Courts, another thing is if you can find the right sales person.
Who knows he can give you a real good deal.
Online is not for me, where is the fun to hunt for something?

nnyymm

Reaction score
I feel you, I ordered a monitor and it didn't arrive after waiting for a week. In the end tell me no stock so I waited for nothing. Got a refund, never ordering from them ever.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is why their focus is on this as well as physical store.
Online store they try to woo customer give you coupon
to buy.

Sorry if I say this, for electronics best go down take a look
and buy. Don't be lazy, thinking can just click than it will come.
Online maybe cheap but:

- What if other retailers offer cheaper price?
- Does it suit you than just a pic you are looking at.
- Do you know got any bundle or not or even discount.

I know these days everything is online but some retailers still
focus on physical goods rather than e-commerce.
So far electronics I buy from electronic store usually the sales
will give me discount.

Even my new 4K TV, Courts gave me some discount as well as
voucher and free HDMI cable. Can you get this from online?
Not likely.

I do buy from Courts, another thing is if you can find the right sales person.
Who knows he can give you a real good deal.
Online is not for me, where is the fun to hunt for something?

I don't deny that. But don't forget, you can check prices online too. So far, I do check my purchases by going to the shops to take a look, but rarely see physical stores selling cheaper than online if you do your due diligence before buying. They may mark it up a lot before a big discount like Qoo10, but they typically should be same if not cheaper after applying coupon discounts. Also, some products have controlled prices, which means you can't get any discount from the stores though they can give you a bunch of useless gifts.
There are items which I will strongly recommend to try out before buying, like laptops, cameras, monitors/ TVs, etc, from a hardware perspective.

lejackyron

Reaction score
have been contemplating to buy a fridge from Courts but saw that online not as reliable as buying in-stores, is it true?

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That sucks.

Courts have no experience in online sales so expect it to suck.

Have you tried charging back using your credit card?

The bank usually will tell you to settle with the merchant. In this case, TS has done so with a reply that refund will be given in 3 weeks.

Don't abuse the chargeback feature. There are pre-requisites to abide by.

LemonGum

Reaction score
Courts Customer Service through email is one of the worst in Singapore based on my encounter with them.
I have since purchase from Harvey instead which provide much better customer service.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Probably fine if you don't have a strict timeline to deal with?
I ordered a mattress thru their online store as it was a better deal than in-store.

If fixed date/time is preferred, better stick to the retail Courts store - you can see they take notes and it's written on your DO, so you have it in black and white for reference.

have been contemplating to buy a fridge from Courts but saw that online not as reliable as buying in-stores, is it true?

milovan

Reaction score
the courts online team still suck to date. zero response, false information provided, poor service. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM COURTS. delivery times and prices are waaay better on Amazon.

Last edited:

Shinning_Wolf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got Screwed by Courts multiple times.
I've ordered a bed, ended up delivered a badly damaged bed.
Call them to have it fixed only ended up making it worse, and now they made the bed unusable after the 4th visit. Hotline and salesman avoiding my calls the whole day. Courts is running a scam service in my opinion.
First and last time, I would ever engage Courts. I wish I have visited this thread first before making a purchase.
I rather just go to "The Salvation Army" and buy furniture from them. At least I don't have to worry about their honesty and integrity.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
TLDR: Courts online SUCKS!

Really fed up with these guys.
I ordered a surface pro on 12 Dec. Got an email confirmation of my order. Thought it'd be straightforward. Waited and waited, no news, nothing.

Gave them a call on 18 Dec. Alright, they said, their delivery guys might have slipped up on the order. No worries, they can provide the surface pro within next 2 days, the customer service person said.

Then the next day, got an email confirmation. (Finally). They can only deliver on 22 Dec only though, which was not what they said! Was not OK with that as I would be travelling! Called the CS guy and ranted.

Went back to check prices online. Whoopy doo - the price dropped. Enquired about their COURTS so-called PROMISE of a 300% price guarantee. Well guess what, its not applicable because of some random bullsh*t excuse.

So I cancelled the order and hoped that the nightmare is over.

Welp, its not.

On 22 Dec, received a call that asked me that they were going to deliver. I was roaming and was paying roaming charges. So clearly, something's seriously wrong with their internal communication, they can't even cancel an order. Anyway I just told the guy, this order is cancelled.

And its been 4 weeks. Until this date, they haven't refunded me yet. They haven't even issued any email confirmation of a cancel and refund.

Its been 4 weeks. Tried calling them yesterday, and the person said - sorry, the people in charge of invoicing will come back tomorrow, will ask them to provide a notice of refund.

Tried calling again today, and the CS lady told me that - the refund would take 3 weeks.

WTF. :s22:

Never mind, I asked her, just send me the email confirmation that my order is cancelled. Send it now. She promised she'd send today. She didn't have my email (for some reason, although they were able to email me my order in the first place) and offered to whatsapp to me? (Like seriously?????)

Insisted on her sending to my email, and told her my email address over the phone.

Now its past their office hours, and they haven't emailed me anything. Its showing up on credit card bill and I have to pay, and dispute this charge, but they haven't even given me the confirmation of cancellation.

I can only conclude that these people are either blatantly dishonest or seriously inept and they have been going back on their word again and again.

Stay away or else be prepared to suffer the worst of customer service EVER.

And if I have to call them again to listen to their advertisement asking me to shop at courts online for the Nth time, I'll properly blast them.
Actually I was surprised that courts can survive until 2022 with this kind of customer service. Haha! Their tactics is always to lure you with discount but in the end always
(1) fail to deliver on time
(2) happy happy deliver as and when they like

They are a direct image of audio house who eventually close many of their retail shops and bite dust. Proven that clowns should only appear in circus and not customer service. Haha!

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This thread is making me worried about my mobile phone order with them... was quite surprised their processing time is quite long... :sick:

jim889

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tiagong they make money only if chiu pay by installment.

if pay full in cash.. dun think they make much

:unsure:

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
amazon prime jin kin...

but if iphone huai not just go apple shop get better
:D
I dunno. I order something else but also mobile phone.. I just thought it is a good deal.. but didn't know they have issues with online order...

Last edited:

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good news..... received my phone today. :D (y)

good-job-cute-baby.gif

Really is within 3 to 5 working days.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.