Genting FAQ - Part 3

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first time to drive to genting.
1. Where to park my car in genting?
2. Which hotel is most recommended?

Just want to find a cooling place for rest.
Weather is so hot now.

it's funny how time flies for me.
now i never think of driving up although i am very familiar with the place. these days i fly there.
but your keen interest to drive up quite fasinates me although i dont know why. but i too had my first time driving up to genting.

it was a toyota corolla 1.3.

with my then girlfriend now wife we drove up just for a look see. but we managed to take a high ride genting outdoor theme park. unlike our universal studios battlestar it was really exhilarating with the freezing cold wind blowing at your face. they dismantled it umpteen yrs ago. a fox century theme park is supposed to become a reality but it seems not to be leh.

i remember i parked just infront of theme park hotel. we didnt stay there. we came down before it turned dark. and this will be my advice - never drive when it has turned dark. i wouldnt say anything more. of course a gungho guy might think differently.

but having been there many more times after that.
i think you should park where you think you will be staying. firstly, easier for lugging and avoiding too much breathing the cold dry air. think abt partner or children if any.

if you think you will only spend little time in room then first world htl is sufficient and the cheapest. for me now no crockford no stay. enjoying the finest now. time is short.

this short post is something you can understand if u just think a little bit.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now i never think of driving up although i am very familiar with the place. these days i fly there.
but your keen interest to drive up quite fasinates me although i dont know why. but i too had my first time driving up to genting.

with my then girlfriend now wife we drove up just for a look see. but we managed to take a high ride genting outdoor theme park. unlike our universal studios battlestar it was really exhilarating with the freezing cold wind blowing at your face. they dismantled it umpteen yrs ago. a fox century theme park is supposed to become a reality but it seems not to be leh.

i remember i parked just infront of theme park hotel. we didnt stay there. we came down before it turned dark. and this will be my advice - never drive when it has turned dark. i wouldnt say anything more. of course a gungho guy might think differently.

i think you should park where you think you will be staying. firstly, easier for lugging and avoiding too much breathing the cold dry air. think abt partner or children if any.

if you think you will only spend little time in room then first world htl is sufficient and the cheapest. for me now no crockford no stay. enjoying the finest now. time is short.

Miss the outdoor theme park. I don't take rides but I wait for the children and enjoy the cold air.

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My temporary plan to go KL for 1 day, then go up Genting. Going during 15th June to 17th June.

Any1 with recommendations on places to go? KL staying in either Parkroyal/Park Royal Serviced Suites or Dorsett (Studio Queen). Budget is around $120~~ range, looking for a nice bathtub and view to relax.
Genting, wanted to stay in Theme Park Hotel or Resort Hotel, but goddamn no more normal 2pax room. All left with quadruple room that costs $230~~. No choice but to stay First World Hotel...

15th June (Saturday) - KL Tour
7am-12pm: Bus from SG to KL, drop off at around Berjaya Times Square (WTS Travel, $40SGD)
12pm onwards: Drop off luggage/check in.
Afternoon to evening probably visiting Pavilion and Petaling Street. Not too sure where or what's nice to eat for lunch.
Night: Probably some Rooftop Bars for some cocktails? Can't decide on which 1, need some recommendations.

16th June (Sunday) - Genting Tour
8am - 9.45am - Wakeup and Tour around for breakfast. Any recommendations for breakfast around my hotel areas?
9.45am-10.30am - Checkout and Grab to Batu Cave for RM30? (Might skip, depending on weight of my backpack)
10.30am-11.30am - Walk around Batu Cave see see look look
11.30am-12.30am - Grab to Genting Skyway. RM60?? How much is the toll?
12.30-1.15pm - Cable Car up. 8 ringgit?
Spend remaining day in Genting, no idea what to do lol or what's nice to eat there.

17th June (Monday)
Checkout and take 12.30pm bus from Genting back to SG. (WTS Travel $32)

---
No KL thread to ask, might as well ask in Genting thread =[

looks like you are on free n easy mode except for wts to and fro. skip batu cave not for lack of anything to see there (i passed by there and i heard and saw the steps up to the caves are in colour!) but time in essence. if genting is more your ultimate target, then avoid the unpredictable delay you may have at the caves like jammed with human and cars. lately their tourist promotion have drawn lots of the an neh continent people and i mean lots. bangladesh, india, pakistan where else? you will know when you are at genting. budget flights and depreciating ringgit have brought these people over by the droves!

so minus the cave you shld be up there swiftly and you need not grab so you careless abt the road toll. instead you can grab fr your hotel to pekeliling bus station. plus minus 15mins then hop onto a direct bus to genting awana skyway.
lots of things you can do in kl but i think you are short of time. anyway just grab, they are your time saver. its quite cheap.

enjoy.

Last edited:

datolim

Reaction score
My temporary plan to go KL for 1 day, then go up Genting. Going during 15th June to 17th June.

Any1 with recommendations on places to go? KL staying in either Parkroyal/Park Royal Serviced Suites or Dorsett (Studio Queen). Budget is around $120~~ range, looking for a nice bathtub and view to relax.
Genting, wanted to stay in Theme Park Hotel or Resort Hotel, but goddamn no more normal 2pax room. All left with quadruple room that costs $230~~. No choice but to stay First World Hotel...

15th June (Saturday) - KL Tour
7am-12pm: Bus from SG to KL, drop off at around Berjaya Times Square (WTS Travel, $40SGD)
12pm onwards: Drop off luggage/check in.
Afternoon to evening probably visiting Pavilion and Petaling Street. Not too sure where or what's nice to eat for lunch.
Night: Probably some Rooftop Bars for some cocktails? Can't decide on which 1, need some recommendations.

16th June (Sunday) - Genting Tour
8am - 9.45am - Wakeup and Tour around for breakfast. Any recommendations for breakfast around my hotel areas?
9.45am-10.30am - Checkout and Grab to Batu Cave for RM30? (Might skip, depending on weight of my backpack)
10.30am-11.30am - Walk around Batu Cave see see look look
11.30am-12.30am - Grab to Genting Skyway. RM60?? How much is the toll?
12.30-1.15pm - Cable Car up. 8 ringgit?
Spend remaining day in Genting, no idea what to do lol or what's nice to eat there.

17th June (Monday)
Checkout and take 12.30pm bus from Genting back to SG. (WTS Travel $32)

---
No KL thread to ask, might as well ask in Genting thread =[
I am up in kl every month.
You are travelling during the last weekend of the Raya holidays. Still very busy period. Every thing is very crowd and expensive and maybe sold out already.
I use Aeroline coach. SG to KL is $50, but they use a conversion of 2.4 and it actually cost RM117. But the trick is to sign up on their MY website first to get this lower price.

It stops at Corus Hotel directly opposite KLCC and 1 building away from the LRT station. It cost RM50 per night but maybe RM80 for the holiday period. Check With Agoda for this and FWH booking. Yes use Grab for Batu Caves and and also to cable car or FWH.

I would normally use the LRT to Gombak and then Grab to FWH. Genting has a bus to cable car at 4.30pm if you want this. If you don't gamble there is nothing much to do. I am going up to FWH on the 20 Jun just for look see as I have not been there for more than 1 year.

iphone88

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience.
May I know why you never drive up to genting nowadays?

Crockford not in my league...
too expensive.
My budget around sgd200 per night only

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience.
May I know why you never drive up to genting nowadays?

Crockford not in my league...
too expensive.
My budget around sgd200 per night only

let me tell u why!

yound driving vali fun and trying hit car top speed NSHW

now old liao lazy to drive rather pay a little more and Zzzz otw there
if think got energy to drive there, u must think u got mood to drive back home if u kenna caned by uncle Lim?

but thats me.........

Ringwraiths

Master Member
Reaction score
let me tell u why!

yound driving vali fun and trying hit car top speed NSHW

now old liao lazy to drive rather pay a little more and Zzzz otw there
if think got energy to drive there, u must think u got mood to drive back home if u kenna caned by uncle Lim?

but thats me.........

Hahaha Great Minds thinks alike...last time used to will drove up but nowadays just take coach ....Chill sleep all the way..no need so stress to drive

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha Great Minds thinks alike...last time used to will drove up but nowadays just take coach ....Chill sleep all the way..no need so stress to drive

haha ....u reach 13 or 14 morning since u over night coach?

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually when take night coach what time will reach genting highland? :o Is it dangerous and when reaching there when can check in hotel? :o

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually when take night coach what time will reach genting highland? :o Is it dangerous and when reaching there when can check in hotel? :o

Depends on what coach you take.

I know Transtar leaves at about 11.30pm, so you should reach there ard 5am.

WTS night coach leaves 9.45pm so you can reach there before 4am. My personal record was 2.47am :s13:

There's nothing dangerous about reaching there early. If you stay at RH/Maxim/GG, you can go and pre-register. You usually get your room ard noon.

If you stay at FWH, you can opt for early check-in (by paying extra RM5) from 6am onwards. But usually room will only be available ard 8-9am.

iphone88

Reaction score
I just check waze. The travel time from Sg to genting Highland is 8 hours. Any places that I can rest in between?
Should I stay 1 night in KL or Melaka?

datolim

Reaction score
I just check waze. The travel time from Sg to genting Highland is 8 hours. Any places that I can rest in between?

KL by a long shot.
Many bus companies go to KL with many trips daily.
Rest in bus company lounge or some some hotel lounge.
If you need to lay down get a day stay in a cheap hotel, not withstanding that KL hotel is cheap anyway.

No easy way to get from SG to GH.
It is O.K for the young strong people to take the overnight bus to GH.
Leave late at night and get there in the dead of the early morning.
No place to rest GH and they don't give you your room till late morning.
Remember if you are tired already if you get on the bus late at night you will be more tired when you get off the bus.

Never understand why people would go through this suffering with the overnight bus. No way to start a holiday.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
KL by a long shot.
Many bus companies go to KL with many trips daily.
Rest in bus company lounge or some some hotel lounge.
If you need to lay down get a day stay in a cheap hotel, not withstanding that KL hotel is cheap anyway.

No easy way to get from SG to GH.
It is O.K for the young strong people to take the overnight bus to GH.
Leave late at night and get there in the dead of the early morning.
No place to rest GH and they don't give you your room till late morning.
Remember if you are tired already if you get on the bus late at night you will be more tired when you get off the bus.

Never understand why people would go through this suffering with the overnight bus. No way to start a holiday.

Maybe they want to save leave. Alternative is pay for 1 more night hotel at Genting so that can check in straight away on arrival. Or travel on Transtar Super-z which is more comfortable and sleep through the journey (not solitaire to avoid changing of bus).

Supporter

Reaction score
anyone knows if i wanna go larkin from genting, is it easy to get tickets at the awana bus terminal?

buy on day itself can?

Ringwraiths

Master Member
Reaction score

Bro normally for SG - Genting its ard 6hr travel time if you drive..Normally last time i will drive during the night..not that much traffic so u can speed abit approx 140-180km/hr should be okie..

Melaka is like half way mark..you can choose to stay for a nite there but not much activity if you are there during weekday

KL hmm my view no point of staying there as just need to push abit more u will reach Genting already so no point waste the $$

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.