Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite clear on the data passport part. meaning right now is 30gb/month for local data. If i'm going Japan, i pay $25/one time and can use full 10GB?

www.m1.com.sg/datapassport

For the new plans, you pay the Data Passport subscription (and the activation fee) on top of your base plan. You can only use up to 10GB of your monthly data bundle on data Passport, excess charges of $10/GB is applicable. If your monthly data bundle is exceeded, you'll have to pay $11.99/GB as well (local data excess charges for new plans).

Last edited:

Ventus_

Reaction score
Anyone tried circles flexi plan and TPG combo for free? I need flexi plan to port in for basic calls/sms and I can use TPG for data. I dont go underground much so this combo should be fine right

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
If they continue like this, when I recontract I probably go for sim-only base plan for both of my lines. So instead of currently paying $130 for 2 lines plus fibre per month, it will be just $80.

Edit: Oh Wait... no more IDD 021 saver add-on?! I might reconsider recontracting with m1 next time.

Am interested to know too, IDD 021 no longer added on for the Sim only plan?

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes VoLTE and VoWiFi are all supported.
Yes able to call 1800 numbers.
Yes roaming is supported, of course with it's relevant charges. Data roaming can both Unlimited Data Roaming or Data Passport, of course on supported networks. Data Passport only limited to 10GB/mth.

It's the full fledged M1 Mobile plan, everything that works previously should work the same, excluding the VASes that's not for this plan

Thank you, the Singtel GOMO plan does not support VOLTE and 1800 numbers at the moment.

On the other hand, Singtel normal SIM only plan needs to pay for Called ID monthly $5 and Autoroam monthly subscription of $10, if you use Pay as you roam, need to add 25% surcharge on your autoroam charges.

M1 new only sim plan kills Singtel SIM only plan for now.

Just wondering if the weekend 4G network will be super slow. My family members who are on starhub said that weekend unlimited data is super slow, affecting even Whatsapp.

saif07

Reaction score
I’m using both of these on my dual sim phone. Quite a good hybrid setup. Primarily using data outdoor on tpg, then switch to flexi when underground

Anyone tried circles flexi plan and TPG combo for free? I need flexi plan to port in for basic calls/sms and I can use TPG for data. I dont go underground much so this combo should be fine right

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you, the Singtel GOMO plan does not support VOLTE and 1800 numbers at the moment.

On the other hand, Singtel normal SIM only plan needs to pay for Called ID monthly $5 and Autoroam monthly subscription of $10, if you use Pay as you roam, need to add 25% surcharge on your autoroam charges.

M1 new only sim plan kills Singtel SIM only plan for now.

Just wondering if the weekend 4G network will be super slow. My family members who are on starhub said that weekend unlimited data is super slow, affecting even Whatsapp.

Wait no, I'm not sure if the Roaming VAS is free or not. If not, the PPUR rates of 20% premium is applicable.

Actually the unlimited weekend is fine for me. Speeds do drop on average, but normal web browsing and video streaming doesn't seems affected, at least for my experience.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
I’m using both of these on my dual sim phone. Quite a good hybrid setup. Primarily using data outdoor on tpg, then switch to flexi when underground
I assume you put 2 sim card in to a same phone.

What happens while you using sim card A, someone incoming calls or sms or whatsapp to sim card B, will you be notified immediately/answer call immediately or only notified after you switch to sim card B?

Does samsung note 8 support dual sim you talking about?

Ventus_

Reaction score
I assume you put 2 sim card in to a same phone.

What happens while you using sim card A, someone incoming calls or sms or whatsapp to sim card B, will you be notified immediately/answer call immediately or only notified after you switch to sim card B?

Does samsung note 8 support dual sim you talking about?

Note 8 support dual sim but you have to sacrifice micro sd slot. Both sim cards will be active for calls/msg, so you can pick up calls from either sim immediately. For data u need to choose one of the sims.

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
$25 for 1000 mins and 30gb really is ridiculous. Been using mobile singtel for 10 years liao. Maybe its time for me to jump ship. Hows M1 network coverage ? Singtel was the best for me in terms of mobile, thats the only reason im still with them.
The only reason I'm not on M1 now is because their reception in our office pantry is the worst.

Even Starhub is fine.

saif07

Reaction score
Data wise so far so good. Sufficient for my needs; no problem with youtube streaming, spotify and web browsing. Coverage is also okay, Unfortunately my phone is not on the supported list for VoLTE, so can’t comment on voice calls.

Okay nice appreciate the reply. How's TPG outdoor connection?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TPG is working quite well for above ground areas.
Even at Tuas South, Can see Johor, got quite strong reception.
Even indoors works quite well, with window in the room.
But I do travel in Circle Line, so ya, that period, no data. Else switch to my main M1.
But usually too pack to even want to try using phone. Just listen to music.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Note 8 support dual sim but you have to sacrifice micro sd slot. Both sim cards will be active for calls/msg, so you can pick up calls from either sim immediately. For data u need to choose one of the sims.

If sms/whatsapp work for both sim card at same time, in your phone do you have 2 message icon, 2 whatsapp icon, does the different sim card messages/whatsapp go to 2 separate different places or go to same place (1 message icon/1 whatsapp icon)? Does the calling in out history/missed call records display in same icon or separate?

What phone support dual sim and also micro sd card slot?

Thanks

Last edited:

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If sms/whatsapp work for both sim card at same time, in your phone do you have 2 message icon, 2 whatsapp icon, does the different sim card messages/whatsapp go to 2 separate different places or go to same place (1 message icon/1 whatsapp icon)? Does the calling in out history/missed call records display in same icon or separate?

What phone support dual sim and also micro sd card slot?

Thanks

whatsapp cannot work on 2 numbers at the same time... at best u can do is to create 2 profiles... one whatsapp number for each profile... then u can only receive whatsapp from that active profile...

calls/SMS will have indicator to tell u whether it is from SIM1 or SIM2 and they will be in the same place...

regards,
wacky

Ventus_

Reaction score
whatsapp cannot work on 2 numbers at the same time... at best u can do is to create 2 profiles... one whatsapp number for each profile... then u can only receive whatsapp from that active profile...

calls/SMS will have indicator to tell u whether it is from SIM1 or SIM2 and they will be in the same place...

regards,
wacky

Actually I think it's possible. For Samsung phones, go to Dual Messenger in settings. You can create 2 WhatsApp App from there.

SMS and Calls are fine as stated above.

If you want a dedicated sdcard slot, most phones do not have that. For flagship I think only the upcoming Zenfone 6 have dedicated sd card slot + 2 sim card

super365

Master Member
Reaction score

regards,
wacky

If you have whatsapp profile A and B, you need switch to the profile then can see the whatapps messages.
Lets say you take out sim card B and only sim card A is left in the phone, does the phone automatically only sim card A whatsapp/sms/calls history can be seen and all sim card B history disappeared?

I prefer to be as separate as possible because sometimes want to remove sim card B to use in another device.

Last edited:

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I think it's possible. For Samsung phones, go to Dual Messenger in settings. You can create 2 WhatsApp App from there.

SMS and Calls are fine as stated above.

If you want a dedicated sdcard slot, most phones do not have that. For flagship I think only the upcoming Zenfone 6 have dedicated sd card slot + 2 sim card

oh wow samsung can do that ah... does the dual messenger works for other messaging like telegram.. LINE... wechat...?

regards,
awcky

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, now not worth to get iphone with contract. The market price on mobilestore is much cheaper than apple retail price.

Unless you buy newly release iphone when the price at mobilestore still high.

i every year have been recontracting mobile line and sell off the iphone on launch day before 12pm. everytime can get profit of about 1k+, and i use the profit to get a "free" samsung flagship phone. example s10 or note 9.

now not sure whether worth it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.