Genting FAQ - Part 3

datolim

Reaction score
Maybe they want to save leave. Alternative is pay for 1 more night hotel at Genting so that can check in straight away on arrival. Or travel on Transtar Super-z which is more comfortable and sleep through the journey (not solitaire to avoid changing of bus).

Yes you can do that.
But booking cheapest extra night must be through the bus company or travel agent. Not through Genting membership as they want you to check in by 7pm at the latest. Otherwise they will treat you as a 'no show' and you will not any anymore membership offer from them.
Overnight bus ride is 'no walk in the park'.

datolim

Reaction score
Bro normally for SG - Genting its ard 6hr travel time if you drive..Normally last time i will drive during the night..not that much traffic so u can speed abit approx 140-180km/hr should be okie..

Melaka is like half way mark..you can choose to stay for a nite there but not much activity if you are there during weekday

KL hmm my view no point of staying there as just need to push abit more u will reach Genting already so no point waste the $$

'Push abit more'. It is not so simple.
Driving through the night is not what many people want to do.
Daytime driving you hit the traffic jams as the road hit the eastern suburb of KL.
Melaka is one hour off the N-S highway and not convenient if not your specific destination.

Last edited:

Smarty2

Reaction score
Yes you can do that.
But booking cheapest extra night must be through the bus company or travel agent. Not through Genting membership as they want you to check in by 7pm at the latest. Otherwise they will treat you as a 'no show' and you will not any anymore membership offer from them.

Surprisingly, I'm one of those who enjoy & only take overnight bus ride...more cooling & less traffic...lesser noise from those aunties' chit-chatting as they r mostly sleeping.. key is whether u r able to doze off easily....myself can sleep pretty well in the bus...i doubt the age factor plays a significant factor. Upon arrival i straightaway chk in to room booked for the day before and continue my sleep... it's foc room anyway.

Last edited:

iphone88

Reaction score
Bro normally for SG - Genting its ard 6hr travel time if you drive..Normally last time i will drive during the night..not that much traffic so u can speed abit approx 140-180km/hr should be okie..

Melaka is like half way mark..you can choose to stay for a nite there but not much activity if you are there during weekday

KL hmm my view no point of staying there as just need to push abit more u will reach Genting already so no point waste the $$

NSHW is very dark at night. Some area do not have lighting.
I am thinking to depart from 6am then drive all the way to genting.
I did drive 6 hours in Melbourne before. Not sure I can drive that long in such a hot weather.

Melaka always jam. Most of the time wasted in traffic jam.
I think seremban more boring compare to Melaka.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes you can do that.

Can't inform them that arrive in morning and ask them to keep room?

Smarty2

Reaction score
Yes you can do that.

Btw - If it's a complimentary room , they won't cancel yr room even if u check in late -as it's classified as "guaranteed" category - just like those from bus agent. If u dun turn up for the comp rooms booked then be prepared to be blacklisted of course.

Those rooms that u hv to check in by 6pm - are those that u book via phone & Non-Guaranteed- u actually hv not paid anything yet (unless u opt to pay upfront using GP). They r just holding the room for u till 6pm & once u chk in u need to pay at the counter.

Via online booking for Non-Comp room - those are guaranteed rooms as well since u hv to pay upfront using either credit card or GP's.

All said - it's always good to play safe and email/ phone to inform that u wud like to hv a late check in - Especially if u want them to block or reserve the room with those specific special requests u hv indicated at point of booking. Hope it helps!

** Notwithstanding their rules changes fr time to time **

datolim

Reaction score
NSHW is very dark at night. Some area do not have lighting.
I am thinking to depart from 6am then drive all the way to genting.
I did drive 6 hours in Melbourne before. Not sure I can drive that long in such a hot weather.

Melaka always jam. Most of the time wasted in traffic jam.
I think seremban more boring compare to Melaka.

No lighting at all on N-S highway.
Watch out for the KL traffic jams.

datolim

Reaction score
Btw - If it's a complimentary room , they won't cancel yr room even if u check in late -as it's classified as "guaranteed" category - just like those from bus agent. If u dun turn up for the comp rooms booked then be prepared to be blacklisted of course.

Those rooms that u hv to check in by 6pm - are those that u book via phone & Non-Guaranteed- u actually hv not paid anything yet (unless u opt to pay upfront using GP). They r just holding the room for u till 6pm & once u chk in u need to pay at the counter.

Via online booking for Non-Comp room - those are guaranteed rooms as well since u hv to pay upfront using either credit card or GP's.

All said - it's always good to play safe and email/ phone to inform that u wud like to hv a late check in - Especially if u want them to block or reserve the room with those specific special requests u hv indicated at point of booking. Hope it helps!

** Notwithstanding their rules changes fr time to time **

Yes for their online booking for non Comp rate it is the same as booking through the TA or bus company.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, I'm one of those who enjoy & only take overnight bus ride...more cooling & less traffic...lesser noise from those aunties' chit-chatting as they r mostly sleeping.. key is whether u r able to doze off easily....myself can sleep pretty well in the bus...i doubt the age factor plays a significant factor. Upon arrival i straightaway chk in to room booked for the day before and continue my sleep... it's foc room anyway.

lone ranger any time also can
maybe get lucky wif solo chick on bus haha

wif family me cfm morning bus nowaday

huat ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Smarty2

Reaction score

huat ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Going up with my kiddo in mid-Jun, also traveling at night 😁...my kiddo oso can sleep well...😆

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Midnight bus the driver like driving fast and furious style de leh

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Smarty2

Reaction score

huat ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Solo chic is very rare...chio one even much more rare🤣🤣🤣...solo aunties aplenty...wakaka...😆

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.