Genting FAQ - Part 3

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, I'm one of those who enjoy & only take overnight bus ride...more cooling & less traffic...lesser noise from those aunties' chit-chatting as they r mostly sleeping.. key is whether u r able to doze off easily....myself can sleep pretty well in the bus...i doubt the age factor plays a significant factor. Upon arrival i straightaway chk in to room booked for the day before and continue my sleep... it's foc room anyway.

I also prefer taking the night bus nowadays.

The main thing is that I feel that I'm maximising my times at Genting.

Imagine if you take the morning coach, by the time you reached, its 1-2pm. The 1st day is nearly gone.

You take the night coach, you reach before 5am, the day is just beginning. Go freshen up, drop the bag at bell counter, go for some action before breakfast. After breakfast, check in early and you can get your room by 9am if you are lucky.

Then can rest a bit and continue for the rest of the day after lunch.

I also agree that age is not a factor. I think it's just down to individual preference.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going up with my kiddo in mid-Jun, also traveling at night 😁...my kiddo oso can sleep well...😆

ur kid good

mine sg fly europe they watch movie non stop
so u mine can Zzzz in the bus or not haha

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imagine if you take the morning coach, by the time you reached, its 1-2pm. The 1st day is nearly gone.

me reach 2pm than check in relax in room
than dinner
and back room Zzzzz ard 10 pm
ya ...day 1 is gone
but genting is a place to recharge not chiong haha

and me always stay min 4 nights .longest is 2 wk in genting with family .........shiok~~~~~

aurvandil

Reaction score
me reach 2pm than check in relax in room
than dinner
and back room Zzzzz ard 10 pm
ya ...day 1 is gone
but genting is a place to recharge not chiong haha

and me always stay min 4 nights .longest is 2 wk in genting with family .........shiok~~~~~

For me, my preferred mode of travel is:

1) Take 7 am flight to KLIA 2

2) Arrive and clear immigration by 9 am.

3) Take Grab and reach Genting by around 10.30 am. Aerobus is cheaper but you need to add about 1 hr to your travel time (11.30 am). If you are in a group of 3, the price between Grab and Aerobus is abt the same.

4) Check in and dump luggage at concierge.

5) Have brunch and hang around until room is ready (usually around 1 pm).

Some added bonus of this travel plan -

a) You can buy duty free liquor at the airport to drink at Genting.

b) If you are traveling with your gf/wife, you can buy cosmetics / luxury branded goods which are duty free AND GST free.

c) If you have airport lounge access, you can avail yourself to a buffet breakfast.

Last edited:

datolim

Reaction score
I also prefer taking the night bus nowadays.

The main thing is that I feel that I'm maximising my times at Genting.

You take the night coach, you reach before 5am, the day is just beginning. Go freshen up, drop the bag at bell counter, go for some action before breakfast. After breakfast, check in early and you can get your room by 9am if you are lucky.

Then can rest a bit and continue for the rest of the day after lunch.

I also agree that age is not a factor. I think it's just down to individual preference.

You must be young and strong.
No need for much rest and sleep.
Between 5 and 9am don't feel tired and sleepy.
O.K you gamble and can kill some time there.
As we get older some things like comfort relaxation and sleep becomes more important.
Saving some money goes so far but when you are on vacation you want to spend some money for these things.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just went up over the weekend, friday reached early morning 6am theme park hotel, booked 3 rooms all can early check in. last mth i went up early theme park hotel also can check in early ard 9am.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NSHW is very dark at night. Some area do not have lighting.
I am thinking to depart from 6am then drive all the way to genting.
I did drive 6 hours in Melbourne before. Not sure I can drive that long in such a hot weather.

Melaka always jam. Most of the time wasted in traffic jam.
I think seremban more boring compare to Melaka.

i suggest u drive overnight, easier and lesser traffic when u hit KL.

i did night driving in april and may, its dark but lesser traffic, easier to drive.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

3) Take Grab and reach Genting by around 10.30 am. Aerobus is cheaper but you need to add about 1 hr to your travel time (11.30 am). If you are in a group of 3, the price between Grab and Aerobus is abt the same.

I have not taken night coach for the last 3 yrs. But thinking of trying. So even weekdays if pay for early check-in still can get room only at 1 pm ?

Point 4. So checkin at kiosk but no key given?

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first time to drive to genting.
1. Where to park my car in genting?
2. Which hotel is most recommended?

Just want to find a cooling place for rest.
Weather is so hot now.

resort hotel parking is pretty good.

aurvandil

Reaction score
I have not taken night coach for the last 3 yrs. But thinking of trying. So even weekdays if pay for early check-in still can get room only at 1 pm ?

Point 4. So checkin at kiosk but no key given?

I would avoid early check-in. The rooms are the leftovers from yesterday and usually the worst in the hotel. IMHO, best time to check in is around 11 am. As people are checking out, you will have access to the best rooms in the hotel by paying the room upgrade fee.

datolim

Reaction score

Some added bonus of this travel plan -

a) You can buy duty free liquor at the airport to drink at Genting.

b) If you are traveling with your gf/wife, you can buy cosmetics / luxury branded goods which are duty free AND GST free.

c) If you have airport lounge access, you can avail yourself to a buffet breakfast.

Not a bad way to do it.
Yes must spend some money on grab/taxi instead of the bus.
7am flight is cheap. But you have to leave the house about 5am.
For me body function comes first. That is sleep and breakfast and then I would step out of the house. But flights get more expensive at a later time.
I didn't know you have to wait till 1pm to get into your hotel room.

aurvandil

Reaction score
I didn't know you have to wait till 1pm to get into your hotel room.

That's a conscious choice because I will usually wait until 11 am to check in so that that I can get a good room. As I will be spending a few days there, I rather wait for a good room than get a lousy room early.

Last edited:

datolim

Reaction score
That's a conscious choice because I will usually wait until 11 am to check in so that that I can get a good room. As I will be spending a few days there, I rather wait for a good room than get a lousy room early.

Have you thought about checking in at the reception to choose the room you want. I think you have to pay RM15 for that.

aurvandil

Reaction score
Have you thought about checking in at the reception to choose the room you want. I think you have to pay RM15 for that.

My experience is that the system will not release rooms for reception to issue unless the guest has checked out. Hence if you go to the reception early (e.g. 9 am), you will not be able to get the good rooms even if you want to pay the RM 15. If you go around 11 am to 12 noon, there will be plenty of rooms for selection from guests who have checked out. What time you get your room usually depends on the availability of manpower to to clean the room. My average time to get my room if I check in around 11 am is 1 pm. If you arrive after a major convention or event, your room might get delayed as housekeeping struggles to cope with the number of check outs.

Smarty2

Reaction score

Depending on yr luck...normally it will impact yr check in time for rooms booked with special requests - like myself asking for the very same room # at GG or MXM - sometimes as early as 11am they will call u to inform that the room is ready but most of the time it's a bit later than 1pm. Worst case is last min extension of stay by the previous night's occupant of the room that u prefer....in such cases, even pre-registration in the early hours doesn't guarantee u an early check in.

If you r not particular abt the room then it's possible u get the room much earlier like 9am....but also depends on whether the previous day was a peak date or not. Thus, i will normally book for the day before arrival...of course can't complain abt being wasteful...

datolim

Reaction score
My experience is that the system will not release rooms for reception to issue unless the guest has checked out. Hence if you go to the reception early (e.g. 9 am), you will not be able to get the good rooms even if you want to pay the RM 15. If you go around 11 am to 12 noon, there will be plenty of rooms for selection from guests who have checked out. What time you get your room usually depends on the availability of manpower to to clean the room. My average time to get my room if I check in around 11 am is 1 pm. If you arrive after a major convention or event, your room might get delayed as housekeeping struggles to cope with the number of check outs.

No, No. Human at the reception can intervene into the system.
They can reserve the room you want. They will tell you the room you want is not cleaned yet and they will flash your room number when it is ready.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You must be young and strong.
No need for much rest and sleep.
Between 5 and 9am don't feel tired and sleepy.
O.K you gamble and can kill some time there.
As we get older some things like comfort relaxation and sleep becomes more important.
Saving some money goes so far but when you are on vacation you want to spend some money for these things.

Young and strong? Let's just say that I'm no longer a spring chicken and leave it at that. :s13:

I usually catch some shut-eye on the coach on the way up (usually after YP and before reaching KL for pee break). That's usually enough to charge me up till 9am.

Like I said, it's a personal preference. Depends on what you are comfortable with. So it's not really about saving money and what not.

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience.
May I know why you never drive up to genting nowadays?

Crockford not in my league...
too expensive.
My budget around sgd200 per night only

i dont even drive to jb. i mean i just dread the jam these days. i got a house in jb and flying fr senai to kl is a breeze and cheap thru airasia. so for me its a no brainer. why drive right..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.